EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian Women WOW

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian Women WOW
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 14 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So as most of you know I'm so pregnant I can give birth any minute.
I caught the flu or something last week and was almost unable to leave bed for a few days, before that the husband had the same thing and I was taking care of him 24/7.

Since I got sick my mother in law and sister in law have been at the apartment to help me EVERYDAY. They cook for me everyday, clean for me everyday, do laundry, force me to sit and do nothing, they even make my husbands' lunch for the next day so I don't have to do it. They prepare our breakfast and leave it in the fridge so I just have to wake up and heat it up!
My sister in law, seeing I could really do nothing these days (so short of breath to walk from one room to another) came over tonight, stayed for 9 HOURS cleaning my apartment, on hands and knees scrubbing my floors, the walls, balcony, every crevice of this place and it SPARKLES! Of course I was so shy for this so thankful as I just have no energy left!

I have been MORE than impressed with Egyptian women from what I have seen in my own in-laws. They are so caring and hard working, so compassionate and sweet, I was wondering if I could do the same for my sister in law if she ever needed it (as good as she did the job for me).
Of course my husband just says, 'they love you so much' and my response? 'Anyone who scrubs your floors on their hands and knees loves you'. Thank God for all I have. [Smile]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mer
Member # 11678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need to do that, don't you have a house maid?
Posts: 125 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would I have a house maid?
[Confused]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mer
Member # 11678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never let my wife do hands and knees floor wipping..
Posts: 125 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not? Is she too good to clean her own home? [Confused]

We've been told before for a small fee I can hire some poor woman to come clean the home for me, but I'm not that type of person. I can't stand around while someone cleans my home, even when my SIL came tonight I was doing what I could (being so pregnant). I find it very uncomfortable to have a maid or something like this...I guess it's a personal thing.

Mer
Member # 11678

Rate Member
What I have did, I have a house maid, which come every day from 09AM to 04PM, for 1000 LE a month, and I don't call her a servant, just I teach my children to call her MOM helper.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ok, well that's great.

ANYWAY, the point of this thread was the impressiveness of Egyptian women. They are so willing to go out of their way to help you and are so kind and considerate. Of course my own family in the states would help in a heartbeat, but these women are just DIFFERENT, I feel the kindness in them so much, I guess I'm just having an emotional moment. Lots of praise for the Egyptian woman. [Smile]

Mer
Member # 11678

Rate Member
Very nice words, Remember.. the family spirit.. the full respect and love of the brother and the brother's loved one.. and finally have a veryyyyyy easyyyyyy delivery in Shaa Alla.
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow smuckers wht a wonderful family you have
you are truelly blessed to have these people as youre family
i dont ever think that you would get anyone here to do those jobs , and be so wonderful
enjoy youre time now, and soon baby will be here, and i bet, you dont have to lift a finger, i think the family will help you so much, you are a lucky girl

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Yes, I agree with you Mer, it's all about family spirit, and I love the way my in laws care for each other and include me so unconditionally. [Smile]

Thanks for your kind words about my delivery, inshallah all will go smoothly.
Salaam.

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuck! That is absolutely wonderful. They sound like truly great people. I'm glad fate brought you toward each other. [Smile]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont know you Smuckers, but am happy for you. Wish you safe and well delivery with the new addition to ur family..God bless you
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck for you and your family Smuckers I am sure everything is going to be ok with the baby and that you will get well soon ISA.
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's interesting watching your Egyptian journey and good to see that you have been able to sit back, open your heart, and are seeing some of the many good aspects of your adopted culture now. Hope the delivery and post delivery goes well...you think they are helping you a lot now...wait until after the delivery [Smile]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuck it sounds like you married into a wonderful family....alhamdulillah!!!
I wish you all the best on the birth.... keep us updated!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Smuckers this is really sweet. I wish for our own (American Sister and Mother in laws) could understand this kind of love and commitment. This is truly amazing. The family bond in most Egyptian families in unbreakable.

Happy baby time!

Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers when I was sick the women in my Egyptian family could not do enough for me.

Even one time I asked a neighbour to translate to my father in law to get me a packet of soup as I didn't feel well. The next thing I know is his wife comes over with soup, bread, salad etc all on a tray.

Once they take you to their heart there is nothing they will not do for you.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian999
Member # 13087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian999   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
plz name your baby after my name , plz
Posts: 384 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Big Grin] Thanks everyone, I just thought it was high time for a nice thread about the Egyptian nationals who are so kind, we just never hear enough about them. [Smile]
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so GREAT Smuckers. I was wishing you had the Baby yesterday... It was my and my youngest Sons Birthday as well...I thought about you all day. Good Luck Hun!!

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there smuckers [Smile] Glad to see you are ready to have the baby [Smile]

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are like that. We invite the whole family to stay with us on the weekends sometimes and they come and cook, clean, and spend the whole time with us. They are so amazing. I have seen them clean the floors on hands and knees also and cater to me. It is humbling because right now I too am sick.

They really are a very hardworking bunch. Being an egyptian housewife is no picnic!

--------------------
yup

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you find a good egyptian family they are truly diamonds.
Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Yea, I thought my family was terrific, his puts mine to shame...(gulp).

My mother asked me today what the Egyptian man would call his mother in law (in Arabic), she wants my husband to refer to her with this name, I forget what it is now, something that starts with an H sound. Maybe someone can remind me?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com