EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Four children, mother found hanging in Texas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Four children, mother found hanging in Texas
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
52 minutes ago

DALLAS (Reuters) - Three children and their mother were found hanged in a mobile home west of Fort Worth and a fourth child, an 8-month-old baby, was also found hanging but survived, police said on Tuesday.

"We have four deceased in a mobile home out here, three children and one adult female who is the mother of the children and then we have an 8-month-old child who has survived," said Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler.

He said the deaths at first glance appeared to be a murder-suicide but authorities needed to investigate.

"We're not prepared to say exactly what happened here yet," Fowler told Reuters by telephone.

The incident occurred about 25 miles west of Fort Worth.

Local media reported that all of the victims were female and that the deceased mother and her husband were separated.

The condition of the surviving infant was not immediately clear but she had been taken to a hospital in Fort Worth.

Fowler said "horrendous" was the only way to describe the grisly incident which was given saturation coverage by local and national news networks, underscoring the horror it inspired in a country hardened by high rates of violent crime.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070529/us_nm/texas_children_dc

If this is related to postpartum depression then 1.) Tom Cruise should eat crow and 2.) Scientists should get going on some form of preventive medication.

This is just crazy!

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, horrible findings, I assume the mother killed herself and her daughters.

How amazing the baby survived. My god, what a tragedy! [Frown]

It could be postpartum depression, real depression or a combination of both.

We had a mother going into the snow accompanied by her three little children two years ago here in Germany...... they found all four lying dead on a field, barefoot, the mother was holding a bible in her hand.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assume anything but never assume I did it cause I swear I did not [Frown]
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just sick. Kill yourself, I don't care, but leave the children alone.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veronica ella
Member # 13434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veronica ella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree i can not imagine taking the life of one of my children,who knows what was going through her mind at the time,maybe i should not judge her,i dont suppose anyone will ever know the reason why.she did this horrendus act.she choose to kill her self her choice but,the children did not ask to die.
Posts: 126 | From: england | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is it about Texas, seriously? There have been 3 or 4 women there who have killed entire families of children. [Frown]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's just the women in Texas.
Our president lived there from the age of two...

[Wink]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30 May 2007 - 6:17AM

Texas woman hangs herself and family
By Angela Brown

A 23-year-old mother apparently hanged herself and her four small daughters in a closet in their mobile home in Texas.

An eight-month-old survived and was taken to a hospital.

Authorities did not immediately identify the victims in the Oak Hills mobile home park, about 40 kilometres west of Fort Worth, Texas, in this rural community of 1,600 people.

The woman's sister, who lived nearby, forced her way into the locked home after the woman failed to show up for work.

Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler said the sister rescued the infant when she realised the baby girl was still alive.

The other children, ages 5, 3 and 2, had all had been hanged with strips of clothing and sashes, Fowler said.

"It's horrendous. That's all I can say," he said. "It's just something you don't want to see."

The infant was listed in good condition at a Fort Worth hospital, Fowler said.

The sheriff said the hangings appeared to be murder-suicide because the trailer's doors were locked from the inside and a relative said the woman had been depressed.

The young mother and her girls were last seen alive Monday evening, he said. She was believed to be separated from her husband.

"I just got a big kick out of watching the kids play over there on her porch, and today it's sad, very sad," said neighbour Joyce Harris.

Texas has seen a number of child killings by mothers in recent years.

Less than five years earlier, another Hudson Oaks family was torn apart when Dee Etta Perez, 39, shot her three children, ages 4, 9 and 10, before killing herself.

Andrea Yates drowned her five children in the family's Houston bathtub in 2001. In 2003, Deanna Laney beat her two young sons to death with stones in East Texas, and Lisa Ann Diaz drowned her daughters in a Plano bathtub. Dena Schlosser fatally severed her 10-month-old daughter's arms with a kitchen knife in 2004.

All four of those women were found innocent by reason of insanity. Yates initially was convicted of capital murder, but that verdict was overturned on appeal.

http://ararat.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=international%20news&subclass=general&story_id=590085&category=General&m=&y=

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This happened not long ago near me too:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002858;p=1#000000

it was awful, i knew neighbours of the family who had to help the husband when he came home to find his wife and little boys dead. I found it hard to believe that people i could have walked past every day were killed in this way, the whole community was really shaken by it, how anyone could do this to their children is beyond me.

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com