EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » shower curtains

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: shower curtains
Cinderella2
Member # 13259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinderella2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are there no shower curtians in Egypt?

I hate that! The floor is always bloody wet!!

Posts: 10 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were shower curtains in the last apartment I stayed in.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^All 3 of mine did too.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cinderella2:

Poor baby [Smile] go to the Souq or Omar Fendi and buy them they'll cost around 30 L.E, also they might require those rings and that'll cost an additional 5 L.E

Damn wet floor [Smile]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ages ago we had here on ES a topic about shower curtains too, that they are hard to find and if you do most of them look ugly....

I remember Dalia posting a pic of hers! [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The floor is always bloody wet!!

Try tampons. [Razz]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a fishing net.
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have. I bought mine from a shop I think called Nile somthing at Obour buildings, and not bad. They have many kinds.

quote:

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
carrefour has it or not?????

if not i can bring u one from ikea next time, i ll come end of august....until august, have a nice swim in ur bathroom! [Big Grin]

--------------------
~InsHallAh~

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are shower curtains, rings, and poles all over Egypt, but many Egyptian homes don't have them. After the water splashes on the bathroom floor, they clean the the floor with a mop or that rubber thing on a long stick that you see in all the bathrooms. This makes sure that the bathroom floor is cleaned (theoretically) every time someone has a shower and the dust doesn't gather and make the floor dirty.

That is also why you will see slippers/ship ship/flip flops outside the bathroom door, so that you will wear them when you go into the bathroom and not get your feet wet, or so that you won't trail any wetness that might be there through the house when you come out. [Smile]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Newcomer, you are the man, you found the solution for that international crisis oh God!!! thank you thank you thank you and gurls cover him with kisses ... flip flop flip flop, oh no not those, I said kisses [Wink]
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thanks for the flip flop information. I knew Muslim most have clean bathroom but I could not figure out the flip flop to wear in and take off when you come out. I have been trying to figure it out. Silly me I never thought to ask.
Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is a classic example of the differences between the East and West.

The majority of Egyptians view the bathroom as a in and out facility. Comfort is not an option. Egyptians rarely take long baths. They rarely have shower curtains because they don’t have bathroom rugs or even bathroom cabinets with towels. Most don’t have extra personal cleansing products and toiletries that sit under the ‘mirror’ (medicine cabinet). My point here is they do not care what becomes wet because there is nothing of value there.

Western people in a general sense regard the bathroom as a facility that is relaxing. A long shower, long bathes and rugs on the bathroom floor that make it comfortable for the resident.

Shower curtains are a containment of water and protection for many amenities. My point is simple if you have rugs on your bathroom floor then invest in a shower curtain.

Common Sense

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carrefour have plenty of shower curtains and all that goes with them. In fact many shops do sell them. Its the miserable landlords that rent apartments that are too penny pinching to fit them
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Ages ago we had here on ES a topic about shower curtains too, that they are hard to find and if you do most of them look ugly....

I remember Dalia posting a pic of hers! [Wink]

LOL! [Big Grin] I remember that thread.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com