EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Photo Booth in Mogamma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Photo Booth in Mogamma
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone noticed if there is a photo booth in Mogamma? I know that they have a couple of photocopying places, but never noticed whether you could also have passport photos taken there.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the first floor i noticed a booth in it sign like " instant photo for passport" in arabic ( tasweer fawry)تصوير فوري.

they take photos there Insha Allah

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jazak Allah khairan...but is that the English or the American "first floor"? In American that means the floor that you are on when you come in through the front door, in English that is the floor that is up the stairs from the ground floor [Wink]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is batmanish mixed language [Wink]

in the dictionary of that language, first floor is the first floor ur eye see when u enter the mogamma
[Cool]

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Ah, so you mean the ground floor to me then [Smile] , near the photocopying places. Thanks!
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as you go in on the ground floor you will see a sign, photo's to the right.

What you need to do is ignore the sign and go left. There is a little office on the left beside a photocopier, you go to the left of the photocopier in the same room and have the photo taken there. There is NO booth. It is just a digital camera operated by the most miserable woman you could possibly meet.
That was 2 years ago so she may have been promoted to chief executive [Big Grin]

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For German passports we have very strict guidelines of how the pictures have to be taken in regards to measurements, light, looking straight, no shadows on the face, no red eyes, no smile etc.

I am planning on getting a new passport in the end of the year when US entry regulations require fingerprints.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there is a photo booth, I've been there last week and noticed it.
I forgot to bring a photo for the visa application, but you don't need an actual photo for that, you can just make a photocopy of your passport page with the picture, they will cut it out and use it for the application.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen it before but if you're able to take the picture elsewhere, do so, the line to get the photos there I've always seen is so long.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did it. I was in an out quick. I saw a lot of people waiting, but I don't know what they were waiting for. Yes, there was a line. Not sure what the line was for though. I was ushered right in to take my pic. I didn't have a clue as to what was going on. My guy did all the talking and I just did what he said.

I didn't help much did I? [Cool]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Egyptian passports we have very strict guidelines of how the pictures have to be taken.

For a perfect picture, turn around and bend over.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will that show you from your nicest side [Big Grin] ....sorry I couldnt stop it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Thanks everyone. I went there today and yes, it was a little room to the right, after the the photocopying places. There are a couple of photocopying machines in the same room which makes it look busier than it is.

You pay 15 LE for 8 photos, take your ticket to the end of the room, and give it to one of the two young cheerful women who are there. They take your picture and within 2-3 minutes it's developed and you're walking out.

One thing that was really nice to see was that there was a young man with Down's Syndrome working there. That was the first time I had seen anyone with a recognized learning difficulty employed here.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I can confirm! Walk in the main circular entrance and go past the big stairs, turn to the right and its the first room on the right.

I was interested on how they insisted I position my head - not a bit like the British standard, I had to tilt it slightly to one side and the (female) photographer generally twiddled with my head until she was satisfied.

The man with Down's syndrome was there and I felt that a couple of the others working in there probably had learning difficulties, so full marks to the government there.

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Thanks everyone. I went there today and yes, it was a little room to the right, after the the photocopying places. There are a couple of photocopying machines in the same room which makes it look busier than it is.

You pay 15 LE for 8 photos, take your ticket to the end of the room, and give it to one of the two young cheerful women who are there. They take your picture and within 2-3 minutes it's developed and you're walking out.

One thing that was really nice to see was that there was a young man with Down's Syndrome working there. That was the first time I had seen anyone with a recognized learning difficulty employed here.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com