EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Ideal Day/Weekend in Cairo/Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ideal Day/Weekend in Cairo/Egypt
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you were to plan your Ideal day/weekend in Cairo/Egypt how would it go? I thought about this today when we received "al-mumtaz" weekly periodical and they offered certain deals to Cairo/Luxor/Sharm

I would opt for a 3days/2night package R/T airfare with a stay at the 5* star Sheraton. During winter bcz:

1- Low season/peak
2- Beautiful weather

No headaches – No Simsar – No bwawwab – No nothing - No influx of gulf ppl or moqtarabe'een (egyptians)

And I would simply enjoy:

The Nile
Watch a play
Chill @ the Grand café in Maadi
Smoke a blunt watching Cairo & Nile @ night
Eat some souq Koshari

That is enough for me. Everyone needs a Cairo/Egypt fix and that would be mine.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
har har no cairo lovers here [Big Grin]
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love cairo but boredanybody 4 a shisha

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be happy to let you know after I stay for a month insha'allah.
Just don't hold your breath, it's going to be a while before I make it over.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The Peoplê
Member # 13480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The Peoplê         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get up early and head out to Shabrawi in Korbah for breakfast: Foul, Ta3miah, Egg and Bastermah Omelette and Orange Juice.

Grab some tea at Starbaucks across from Shabrawi and sit out in the sun for an hour or so. Watch the traffic get crazier and crazier. Get my laptop out and check my email and do some work.

Two hours later and I'm still sitting there wondering where to go next. Finally get up and go wondering around Cairo aimlessly, just watching Cairo life like a kid in an amusnemtn park.

5:00 PM already and I'm beat from all the walking I did and decide to head back for a nap. Lie down on the bed and flip through the channels till I find something interesting and fall asleep watching it.

Wakeup all energy and hungry. Head straight o Hossney in Medinet Nasr. The usual warm welcomes followed by the menu only what I want is not on the menu. I want Mulukheiah and they are more than happy to make it specially for me with seafood [Big Grin] . I order some Kebab and Koftah to go with that along with the customary dips and salads.

Time for more herbal tea and desert [Cool]

Posts: 194 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiselmonkey
Member # 13683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chiselmonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Automatic For The Peoplê:
Get up early and head out to Shabrawi in Korbah for breakfast: Foul, Ta3miah, Egg and Bastermah Omelette and Orange Juice.

Grab some tea at Starbaucks across from Shabrawi and sit out in the sun for an hour or so. Watch the traffic get crazier and crazier. Get my laptop out and check my email and do some work.

Two hours later and I'm still sitting there wondering where to go next. Finally get up and go wondering around Cairo aimlessly, just watching Cairo life like a kid in an amusnemtn park.

5:00 PM already and I'm beat from all the walking I did and decide to head back for a nap. Lie down on the bed and flip through the channels till I find something interesting and fall asleep watching it.

Wakeup all energy and hungry. Head straight o Hossney in Medinet Nasr. The usual warm welcomes followed by the menu only what I want is not on the menu. I want Mulukheiah and they are more than happy to make it specially for me with seafood [Big Grin] . I order some Kebab and Koftah to go with that along with the customary dips and salads.

Time for more herbal tea and desert [Cool]

What's you're job ?
Whatever it is it's cool [Big Grin]

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wake up look and see my view out of my window a brick wall and then go to breakfast and look at the wondeful different sizes of satelite dishes on the roofs then go out and take a lovely hike somewhere along the nile wonderous hot heat and plenty of water needed i say is FUN .Come back have some dinner then go and exsperience the family night life in a subbard that tourists do not see and get LOST ask for help and pay for it only to realise they are messing with you to get money oh so EGYPT love it cant wait to go again .When i was there i loved "backgammon"wkd game .
Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good weekend: take the car drive to ain soukhna sit at the beach and enjoy the weather!

all weekends are great [Smile] sittin all day long in the pyjama at home, watchin all stuff in the internet which i wanna do in the last few weeks! goin out at night, meetin friends, visit family. i love spontanous weekends

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com