EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Bikini beach in Alexandria?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bikini beach in Alexandria?
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend with her daughter are in Alexandria right now and, fleeing from Cairo, they were really looking forward to some sun and swim and since I have only been to Alexandria once I only know and sent them to the beach at Montazah, and they were happy at first but then sms-ed (I'm sorry) it stinks there and they are afraid of going into water... And also you cannot quite relax in a small plastic chair where you need to sit nearly upright so the small girl was getting tired in the heat.
So please DO YOU KNOW any beaches in Alex with a bit cleaner water where an European woman could go swimming in bikini without being stared at, i.e. where she is not the only one in bikini?? They were so in Montazah, and I also remember when we went I was the only one in bikini there but at least the people were modest with oggling.

In Agami everyone says only "club members" can go in and also it is unclear if there are any bikini beaches there. I read a lot of reviews in the web but all of them describe a beach as if it were a nightclub [Smile] - what music is played, what drinks are served and whether you have "bean bags" for sitting. [Smile] Whereas in North Europe we are accustomed to enjoying silence on the beach, and not sitting but sleeping of course, preferably on a sun bed, and of course, swimming [Smile] but unfortunately now I do not understand if beaches in Agami are for dancing and sitting only or are they also for
swimming and sunbathing? [Smile]
And what about the beach in Maamoura, for example?

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi yes there are many people in Agami wearing bikinis - in fact most people. I heard that last year there were a lot of parties on the beach but I have not found it so this year, mainly because of the work being done on the beach and its not finished yet. There are people selling drinks and snacks on the beach at the moment as well.
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Audrey, are you currently located in or around Alex?
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Om Gabriel
Member # 6570

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Om Gabriel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear, I wouldn't try Maamoura with bikinies! Maamoura is kalabeijah beach for sure! Try to pay yourself in to some nice private beach in Agamy...
Have nice sun bathing,
Om Gabriel

Posts: 37 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't there a beach called Bianci or Paradise or something in Agamy? Maybe someone on this board who has more info could help you.
Posts: 537 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah nora ur right, we r in agamy at the paradise beach but for those beaches in bianci / Agamy u should have cards to go in we have them but u have to pay every year a lot of money just to sit with bikini there, easier for them go to a hotel make day use and feel comfortable!

paradise is very nice and gettin yearly more cooler coz a lot of promotion starts and make parties and turn the music loud [Smile] so have fun but u should ask somebody who can give u those cards to get in!

hope it helps nevermind! but montazah isnt that bad! easy with bikini for sure!!!

--------------------
~InsHallAh~

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! They got in the meanwhile some recommendation from hotel for a beach somewhere on Corniche... I think near the end that edges with Ras el Tin, perhaps a closed club there too or something? Am not sure about water purity there either, however [Big Grin] . We'll see tomorrow.
Day use you can make in Cairo too but a pool is not to be compared with a beach for the first and for the second it is still quite exenssive for 2 pers if you want go more than one day. Imagine the whole Northern coast is a big beach of 2000 km... and there you sit paying above 100 LE (Helnan asked something to that end) to look at it from a hotel roof! [Razz]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eve79
Member # 13831

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eve79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! If you still need this information, in Agami they opened the Oxygen beach.I was there.Place looks more like european and has membership system and very comfortoble chaise longues..As for me - i like green grass there, because it`s so rare on the beach in Egypt)
For foriegners they have special offers as far as I know [Wink]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
midooooo6
Member # 13823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for midooooo6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can give some cards for oxygen beach in agamy
Posts: 23 | From: alex | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com