EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » OT: Are you superstitious?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: Are you superstitious?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband just got me an appointment for the dentist for next Friday, the 13th as I have to get some work done. In general I don't like to visit the dentist anyway but on THIS DATE? Is this a good omen? No wonder it was so easy for him to get an app. on this specific day! I will get tortured.....!!!! [Frown] [Confused]

Are you superstitious? If so, in which way?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually the 13th has been okay for me...but I walk a lot easier on the 13th, cuz Thursday the 12th has been bad luck for me always.
Maybe I am just an early bird.
and wow @ finding a doc that works on that day...what a feat ! You must live outside of egypt..lol

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, I don't live in Egypt, lil 'asaf la'a.... [Frown]

But good luck for the 12th then! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiselmonkey
Member # 13683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chiselmonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont get out of bed on the Friday the 13th!!
the dentist might be Freddie [Big Grin] and scrape out your root canal with his fingernails [Eek!]
Good luck Tigerlily
wear lots of green and carry every kind of talisman you can find.
Avoid the garlic though! [Big Grin]

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a funny respond from you, chiselmonkey! No don't worry, his name is NOT Freddie (god forbid!!!! [Eek!] ); his name is Rainer! [Smile]

Actually he pulled two of my wisdom teeth out quite a while ago and did a great job, I couldn't complain so I'll see how it goes this time!

But isn't anyone else superstitious in any kind of way?

BTW, did I mention before that I would never put shoes on a table?

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Mom always stopped me when I left home and came right back because I forgot something and told me to sit and put my legs up so my feet don't touch the ground. I have no idea what it means but I think it is somehow casting off bad luck of the 'untimely return'. [Big Grin]
Ps. I still do it until now - you just never know with them bad luck demons! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No!

But sometimes when I close my eyes during crucial moments of a ball-game good things usually happen. Also standing, sitting in different angles usually gives my a team a slight edge.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com