EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Still in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still in Egypt
locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone!

I missed my Egyptair flight back to the States on the 2nd. I went to Egyptair and they told me that the next available flight wasn't until September 15th!! So, here I am trying to find another flight back home.

Alchamist...aren't you here in Cairo yet? You were coming close to now, weren't you?? We need to meet up!

Feeling like a permanent fixture in Cairo. LOL Maybe I should take a short trip to Jordan or something.

Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Huna:

I missed my Egyptair flight back to the States on the 2nd. I went to Egyptair and they told me that the next available flight wasn't until September 15th!!

Hahahaha, you must be kidding! It's a joke, right? I believe that someone at Egypt Air wants you to stay longer! Don't flirt soooo much! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alchemist has been in cairo since last tuesday
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! I WISH I were joking! Check out them online...says the same thing the office told me going to JFK/NY. I think I'm destined to become an egyptian artifact. LOL

Thanks Mok. [Smile]

Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heheheheh just enjoy it Ana, i wish i was there
well come on tell us how youre experience has been so far?

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet58
Member # 13577

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet58     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering about you Ana. Just posted a note on your original thread. So is EgyptAir paying for you to stay? I think it is destiny.
Posts: 13 | From: Richmond, VA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK.....Sooooooo....How did you get to miss your flight, Ana??
Is there a story attached??? [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Ana, well if you are there that long then you and yorkie and i should all plan a day to meet up. I will be arriving in the first few days of August, yorkie around the same time i believe.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The Peoplę
Member # 13480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The Peoplę         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey everyone!

Alchamist...aren't you here in Cairo yet? You were coming close to now, weren't you?? We need to meet up!

And today is her birthday. Happy Birthday Alchemist [Big Grin]
Posts: 194 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And today is her birthday. Happy Birthday Alchemist

I DIDNT KNOW THAT AUTO . [Eek!]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH, HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR BIRTHDAY IN EGYPT [Wink] MISS YA ALREADY

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

Egypt has been nothing if eventful. [Wink] I overslept for my plane...nothing too interesting about that. LOL I know enough arabic to get me in trouble now, and I feel like I can survive like a toddler-egyptian and not a tourist. [Big Grin] I am totally addicted to koshery...not sure my thighs appreciate that!! I can barter with the best of them, and cab drivers hate me. LOL I also sneaking in a wee bit more sheesha then I should, I suppose. [Embarrassed] Oh, well. It's all good! I have only had one bad experience getting tickets at the train station, so I think I'm fairing fairly well. [Smile]

I do love it there, though. [Smile] Guess it could have something to do with a certain someone. [Wink]

I must meet up with Alchamist! Happy birthday, girlfriend!! [Cool]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
ana huna send me pm . i need to tell you something. sarah is doing great she is having a great time so no worries. i just need togive you an update
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AnaHuna, you don't run into financial problems staying in Cairo for over two months more?
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

I'm good on the financial front, Tiger. I actually think I found a flight on the 16th of July. ISA!!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I actually think I found a flight on the 16th of July. ISA!!

Ooops, what happened? [Wink]
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Won't they pay for you to fly via a different airline if they cannot accomodate you? That's whack!! I'd be freakin since it'd mean I wouldn't be able to get home to my kids!!!!

Now I'm scared!! I leave in 10 days. [Eek!] I"m flying Alitalia though so hopefully that won't happen, though I don't intend on missing my flight.

Good luck!

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think you`re missing something, Doodlebug:If she missed her flight because she overslept, why would the airline pay for that???

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I missed my flight with EgyptAir from London back to Cairo also twice and the airline didn't make me any problems. They just told me to come early enough for the flight on the next day, no extra fees, nothing.... nice. [Smile]

Ooooh, doodlebug, soon you be reunited with your husband again. Love is in the air. Enjoy your stay! [Smile]

doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I missed my flight with EgyptAir from London back to Cairo also twice and the airline didn't make me any problems. They just told me to come early enough for the flight on the next day, no extra fees, nothing.... nice. [Smile]

Ooooh, doodlebug, soon you be reunited with your husband again. Love is in the air. Enjoy your stay! [Smile]

Thanks!!!

Actually it's perfect timing since we found out last week that his interview at the embassy is the second day I'm there so i can go with him. [Smile]

Yeah I guess if I missed it on purpose I can't expect them to do much for me but I hope if I miss it due to their delays they will help me out.

I'll try not to think about it though since I'm already wicked nervous about the flight. I HATE flying!!!! [Frown]

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heheheh i missed my flight fro Cairo to amsterdam last time, with swiss air, had to pay to pay 160 euro for the next day, wht a rip off, but i got another day there

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopefloats Always
Member # 4693

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopefloats Always     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DODDLEBUG HOW DID YOU GET INTERVIEW AT EMBASSY?
THOUGHT THEY WERENT DOING ANY MARRIAGE APPROVALS?
I JUST CAME FROM THERE
TELL ME IF YOU WOULD
TY

--------------------
Brenda

Posts: 73 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm kind of shocked that EA doesn't have flights. They have flights out every day. Both I was on, and heard about from others.....the planes are half empty. Yes it was this time of year. Maybe you could call daily? When I was changing my dates, I had basically any choice of days that I wanted. But that was a year ago. Maybe things have changed.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brissitta:
I JUST CAME FROM THERE
TELL ME IF YOU WOULD
TY

She was, most likely, married before they stopped the marriage approvals. Sorry but save yourself the effort, no marriages will occur with Americans to egyptians in Egypt now. Plan on flying to another country to do the marriage process, cypress or Greece, etc. [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ana Huna
hope everything is okay with you
"I do love it there, though. Guess it could have something to do with a certain someone"
tell us about your egyptian friend ?
i am all ears [Smile]

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaViDa
Member # 13770

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaViDa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry but save yourself the effort, no marriages will occur with Americans to egyptians in Egypt now. - Why??? Whats the problem? It is officialy forbidden by goverment?
Posts: 12 | From: Moscow | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:
Originally posted by brissitta:
I JUST CAME FROM THERE
TELL ME IF YOU WOULD
TY

She was, most likely, married before they stopped the marriage approvals. Sorry but save yourself the effort, no marriages will occur with Americans to egyptians in Egypt now. Plan on flying to another country to do the marriage process, cypress or Greece, etc. [Wink]
Cyprus and Malta will going to be a bit more European by January 1 st, 2008. The official currency will be the Euro then. I`m afraid that also they will straighten their immigration and visa-laws.The president of France is busy with a universal European law regarding illegals.
There are high demands on getting a visa, and for the biggest part of the ones who want one, it is simply impossible. So, there are not many options: go there illegal or try to build a life in the own country. Researches are telling that this situation will last for at least 50 years.
(Not for Egyptian people in particular, but for Africans)

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
doodlobug is already married .so that is why they have the interview. my husband will have his interview soon too. it is the people who want to get married not the married people
locale
Member # 12632

quote:
Originally posted by Yanal:
Ana Huna
"I do love it there, though. Guess it could have something to do with a certain someone"
i am all ears [Smile]

Yes, egyptian friend indeed. [Big Grin] He is nothing short of my best friend...the arab version of me. [Smile] It's going to be hard to leave. [Frown]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Awwww.... AnaHuna well enjoy the time as much as you can with your friend until your departure. And who knows you might be back very very soon. [Smile]

And of course Yanal needs to know all the little details, hm? [Wink]

doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yanal:
Ana Huna
i am all ears [Smile]

Yes, egyptian friend indeed. [Big Grin] He is nothing short of my best friend...the arab version of me. [Smile] It's going to be hard to leave. [Frown]
Then I guess it's a good thing your trip was prolonged a wee bit, eh? [Wink]

Yes I am already married so the whole us embassy document to get married isn't an issue for me. The interview is not for marriage it is the final step in getting my husband to live with us in the US. We filed the K-3 back in February so luckily it has gone quite quickly for us. [Smile]

9 more days till I'm there and I haven't even started packing yet! [Eek!]

Bastet58
Member # 13577

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet58     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soooo the whole missing the flight thing makes sense now! The Egyptian friend excuse! [Smile]
Glad you aren't stranded there and hope you get back safely!

Posts: 13 | From: Richmond, VA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

Well, it certainly has it's advantages. [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com