EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » OT: What's your hobby (next to ES)?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: What's your hobby (next to ES)?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder what our dear ES members are doing in their free time?

Let it out, we are curious to hear! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun on ES, but that only happens when I have free time at work. When I home, I swim, go to the movies, read, at eat at restaurants. This Saturday I might go to an Indian restaurant for some lamb stew.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My life is in transition and as such my circumstances dictate my present hobbies. I am sure when classes begin and I actually have something to do, my hobbies will change. But as of now and for the Month of July my hobbies are:

1- Posting on ES
2- Walking & site seeing (downtown, archaeological sites like Roman ampatheatre, citadel, Mosques, etc)
3- Taking Photographs of streets and people
4- Watching DVDs with the lady
5- Lounging in pubs/cafes and interacting with Jordanians/Palestinians/Iraqis/Egyptians/other westerners

Yesterday I spent a few hours at Piccadilly pub in Abdali watching track and field sporting events and some guy walks in with a flute. He sat down drank something and started to play his flute.

Anyway, I did not recognize any of the tunes, but some of the guys joined in and started singing. Then I recognized a tune and the lyrics they were singing and it is an Arabian classic song by renowned Palestinian singer and poet, Natham Ghazali. The song goes like this:

Talla3at min bayt abooha, rahat bayt al jeeran, labsa il ahmar 3al akhthur, wa 3uuunaha tothrob salaam, qultlaha ya helwa 3atshan amaya isqeeni. Qalitli roh ya miskeen.

She walked out of her father’s home and went to her neighbor’s house, She’s wearing red and green and her eyes are saluting/saying salaam, I said ya helwa, I’m thirsty for water (love), quench me, she replied go ya miskeen [Smile]

It’s a song about an man who is aging with white hair and he is in-love with a beautiful woman who goes from her father’s house to her neighbor’s house and he’s very much in love with her but she doesn’t want him.

6-Jogging
7- Music
8- Yankees and keeping track of their stats

My normal hobbies that i am not engaging in at this time are: traveling(backpacking), working out, playing sports, reading, gadgets

Hobbies i intend on making a part of my life: camping(beautiful places to camp here), cycling,

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ES isn't a hobby - it's a distraction, at best. [Cool] It's a curious combination that's part crossword, part soap opera, part comedy, 'The Enquirer', 'Songs of Praise','Dear Agony Aunt Deidre' and 1950's cooking recipes. So, something for everyone. [Razz]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reading, swimming, meeting friends, when I'm in the mood cooking, watching a movie, eating out.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
walking, singing, fotography, concerts, dancing, listening to all music from irish to country , pop , arabic, turkish, ect,
chatting, and laughing, clothes shopping,
playing with my beautiful animals, countryside, romance and lots of kissing

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, thanks to everyone who contributed so far to this topic.

Does any of you guys have a special hobby, out of the ordinary (and I don't mean knitting here [Wink] ! )?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalOne
Member # 13363

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for GlobalOne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PussyWeed:

I gotta take a leak!
Posts: 176 | From: Proud to be Egyptian | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GlobalOne:
quote:

I gotta take a leak!
Well, I must say I always attract the WEIRDOS on this forum, don't I? [Big Grin]

I can imagine what your special hobby is, GlobalOne, but sorry you have two own healthy hands - and I don't mean knitting here!!!! [Razz]

locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not sure if it's a hobby, but I'm a part-time professional photographer. Other than that I can quilt, knit and crochet. [Wink]
Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have time for a hobby but I love collecting favorite songs if that counts for anything. Usually I just post here while at work and when I'm home I'm busy doing stuff with the kiddos.

Is shopping a hobby?

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BABY
BABY
BABY
BABY

use bathroom (if lucky)

BABY BABY BABY
BABY BABY BABY

(squeeze sleep in there)

BABY BABY BABY....

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:

Is shopping a hobby?

Yes it is...... and one of my fav ones! [Big Grin]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Huna:
I'm a part-time professional photographer.

Now that's what I call 'interesting'. Your trip to Egypt should give you plenty of opportunities to take incredible images. Have you done anything so far? If so would be great if you could post couple of pics on here once you returned home. I could always use a nice Egyptian-themed desktop image (of course if you don't mind). Thanks. [Wink]
GlobalOne
Member # 13363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlobalOne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
Originally posted by GlobalOne:
quote:

I gotta take a leak!
Well, I must say I always attract the WEIRDOS on this forum, don't I? [Big Grin]

Let's see flowers will attract butterflies and bumble bees. However TRASH will attract flies. So which one are you.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 176 | From: Proud to be Egyptian | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalOne
Member # 13363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlobalOne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
BABY
BABY
BABY
BABY

use bathroom (if lucky)

BABY BABY BABY
BABY BABY BABY

(squeeze sleep in there)

BABY BABY BABY....

God bless your baby. You Got the absolute best hubby and I'm sure you are just doing a great job. [Wink]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] Thank you [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my grandson is the hobby i love the most. taking him swimming and for walks. what a thrill
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

What a handsome little man that baby is Mok-Mok, he should be baby-modeling. [Wink]
salexian
Member # 13086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salexian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People-watching
Writing for live theatre
Fishing

--------------------
He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.

Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks i think my son is considering that now. let ya know.when my son was 6 he was named the best dressed kid in kindergarten and was named little mr. norwood(our town where we lived back then)so i think dominic just might have a chance [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ES use to be a hobby a year ago but now its not anymore. I think there is better things to do in the evenings now. When I wasnt living with my hubby yet the evenings after putting the kids to bed could be very long but now the time runs fast. We talked about starting to play badminton together this winter. All 4 of us loves to go bowling, bicycling and crapfishing. So I think my answer will be quality time with my family no matter what we are doing.
Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mok-mok:
thanks i think my son is considering that now. let ya know.when my son was 6 he was named the best dressed kid in kindergarten and was named little mr. norwood(our town where we lived back then)so i think dominic just might have a chance [Wink]

Yes mok mok his so cute indeed but it has been a while since I have seen a picture. How old is he now?? Must be around 6 month and nearly able to sit by himself. Do they live around so you can see him often and maybe babysit? My parents live only 3 km away and they are A BLESSING when it comes to spoil and babysit my kids. [Wink]
Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
he doesnt live far from me.and he will be 7 months on the 21st of this month. i will send you his latest picture in your email
sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme
Member # 13852

Icon 14 posted      Profile for sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:

listening to all music from irish

I love Irish music, the traditional stuff. Have you heard of Danu? I've been listening to them recently.
Posts: 35 | From: Rising From The Ashes | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plastic Bags
Member # 13850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plastic Bags     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixRising:
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:

listening to all music from irish

I love Irish music, the traditional stuff. Have you heard of Danu? I've been listening to them recently.
When they start to get going they are brill and the Bhodhran is ace .I play violin a good jig you should hear me sometime and clappers i sit in the chair out side and play and the old people clap clap yeehaaa!!!
Posts: 178 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
What's your hobby?

Crapfishing.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plastic Bags
Member # 13850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plastic Bags     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What dont you mean Crabfishing [Confused]
Posts: 178 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like to surf the net and i try to find new music
grill out with my son and go shopping a womans past time lol

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com