EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Living in 6th October area

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Living in 6th October area
cairomum
Member # 13822

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for cairomum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

My husband and I together with our twin daughters will be moving to Cairo in August. We are in the process of find somewhere to stay. We are considerig the 6th of October area, however do not have much information on it. Can anybody advice us. What is the area like? How far is it from Giza (this is where we will be working). Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have lived here in 6th of October since Nov 2005.
anything you want to know....fire away !
if you want...email me...we can talk.
make up a list of questions...anything I can do to help you.
remembering how lost I was when I first moved here.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sadik12
Member # 7618

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sadik12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coincidentally, I have a friend who is in the process of moving to 6th of October this week with his family. I am totally unfamiliar with this area and would also like some info. BTW, I think he said the place is called "Dream Land," is this possible?????
Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Dreamland exists http://www.dreamlandegypt.com/en/index.asp

I'm in the process of moving near there as well later this year and just got back from 2 weeks sorting stuff out.

Depending on what your needs are, you can get the microbus from 6 October to Giza Metro or Midan Giza- this can take 20 mins - 1 hour depending on traffic congestion and costs 1.50 - 2 LE depending on where you join the bus. Some bigger buses also seem to be travelling that route now for 1.25LE if you like hanging on like grim death in a packed bus [Razz]

The microbuses are pretty frequent UNLESS Ahly and Zamalek are playing - we spent over an hour waiting for a microbus that evening from 6 October along with hordes of other people because all the buses decided to go to the big roundabout instead to take all the folks travelling up to the match. [Roll Eyes]

Other than that, I've never waited more than 10 mins.

There are big Carrefour and Hyperone supermarkets near if you drive (or get a driver) but there are a couple of reasonable supermarkets (Khaer Zaman in 6th October and Metro Market nearer Giza) on the microbus routes if you don't drive.

PS everywhere delivers as well so that's not so much of a problem once you know how to ask for things.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com