EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Vodka

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vodka
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 10 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent dissolves adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew

3. To clean your eyeglasses,simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting. 5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair,and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them.

9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refresh- able ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.

11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.

12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

13 Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

14.Pour vodka over an a real infected area with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.

15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew vodka could be so useful!

thanks

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent dissolves adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew

3. To clean your eyeglasses,simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting. 5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair,and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them.

9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refresh- able ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.

11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.

12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

13 Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

14.Pour vodka over an a real infected area with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.

15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

16) Pour some Vodka into a glass, add ice & OJ, drink & repeat as necessary.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] I was going to add that but I figured it was a no-brainer. [Razz]

Can Vodka be found in Egypt? [Confused]
ES might bring me to drink. [Frown]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, it sure can, Smucks. The fake spirits, with the funny names, always make me smile. Even ES wouldn't drive anyone to drink those.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes you can buy vodka there smucks , thats my drink of choice. they even had smirnoff yuk . but better then nothing [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] I really don't drink. [Big Grin]
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A question for SWYS

When we were in Hurghada, my husband wanted to drink a whisky. At our hotel they had Johnny Waller (we thought it was Johnny WalKer cos the bottle looked exactly the same) but it was not ... lol It was indeed fake !
Tom said to the barkeeper : it tastes awful !
He smiled (it was a friendly egyptian [Wink] and he said : I know ...
So WHERE can you buy / drink the real brand then ?? In bars ??

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feel love   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi every body, heineken international buy the only legal company in egypt that produce alcohol called el ahram beverages company . so make sure if you will drink any alcohol in egypt you see the name of that company on the bottle.

--------------------
Kata

Posts: 211 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rule of thumb when buying alcohol in egypt:

If it says "brewed & distilled in egypt" it's good for cleaning your bathroom, if it says "brewed & distilled under supervision of _____" it's safe to drink.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can buy them at duty free shops within 24 hrs of entering the country. after that, only buy at al-ahram stores, they're called drinkies, and they're all over sharm, cairo, alex and deliver. a heineken that'll cost you 20-35LE from your hotel mini-bar, runs you 5LE at drinkies.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/boozer.htm
(the phone numbers have changed since then, though)

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
A question for SWYS

When we were in Hurghada, my husband wanted to drink a whisky. At our hotel they had Johnny Waller (we thought it was Johnny WalKer cos the bottle looked exactly the same) but it was not ... lol It was indeed fake !
Tom said to the barkeeper : it tastes awful !
He smiled (it was a friendly egyptian [Wink] and he said : I know ...
So WHERE can you buy / drink the real brand then ?? In bars ??

As VB said, if it is made in Egypt, beware. Buy at the duty free shops on arrival, if you are a tourist. In addition, present your passport within 48 hours (it used to be 24 - it can change, so check) after arrival, at Cairo or Red Sea or Luxor duty free shops, should you want more quality spirits.

You can buy beer from local suppliers anytime...plus Egyptian wine and fake spirits. Same with duty free, for Egyptian alcohol. Quality spirits, are for 48 hours only. I don't drink beer and rarely touch spirits, but the beer is good, I'm told. The red wine is comparable to a table wine, and ok with food. Egyptian residents have said you can have alcohol delivered, or so I thought, on ES.

PS: ExptinCAI has just mentioned Drinkies...that is the name I've heard of before!

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, thanks for the information
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
beer =stella or heinken
spirits i buy in paris or england before i get there.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear God. The vodka in Egypt is horrible!!! Make sure you get the imported stuff if you drink any of it!

(Yes, there's a story to this.) Consider yourself warned! lol

Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Ana Huna:
Dear God. The vodka in Egypt is horrible!!! Make sure you get the imported stuff if you drink any of it!

You probably bought the 30LE bottle.

Guide to booze in egypt

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haram haram.....
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Huna:

You probably bought the 30LE bottle.

Guide to booze in egypt

I have NO idea...I didn't buy it. LOL Just bummed it off of someone else. [Wink]
Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

ALWAYS read the label.

Like I said, brewed & distilled in egypt = instant death.

--------------------

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
locale
Member # 12632

quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
ALWAYS read the label.

Like I said, brewed & distilled in egypt = instant death.

AMEN!!
sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme
Member # 13852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Repent ye Vodka Killers!!! Repent!!!
Posts: 35 | From: Rising From The Ashes | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

What exactly is so deadly about the made in Egypt brands? I mean is it just horrible or really cheap like a MAD DOG 20/20? [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com