EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » New ADSL Prices in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New ADSL Prices in Egypt
Ramesses
Member # 13179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramesses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misister of communication declared that the prices of the adsl lines will be LE 45 per month instead of LE 95.
but...
with a maximum download of 2 GB per month .. any extra GB will be for 10 pound ...
His excelency said that this decision was made to help spreading the ADSL service in egypt..
so in this case .. i will pay 45 pounds for my line .. and i download around 20 GB per month in normal cases .. so i will pay LE 225 instead of LE 95 [Big Grin] [Big Grin] really this will help spreading the ADSL service [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ..
welcome in egypt

Posts: 552 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramesses
Member # 13179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramesses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ntra.gov.eg/arabic/News_NewsDetails.asp?PID=35&ID=112
Posts: 552 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I guess all the line sharing that goes on now will reduce as people won't want/be able to share their downloading amount?
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramesses
Member # 13179

Rate Member
this will not only help stopping the line sharing .. but this will reduce the number of ppl who use this service .. coz who can afford at least 250 pounds per month .. dnt forget that 90% of the internet users in egypt are young ppl who still in their universities and cant pay this money .. even those who work cant afford this .. i was using the share line with my neighbour wn the line was for 150 pounds .. and wn it decreased to 95 pounds i got my own adsl line .. so now most of the ppl think of disconnect internet from their homes and there is a very big compain against this new decision .. we just wish they make this as option not obligation .. who want the old service can keep it and pay 95 pounds and who want the limited service with lower price can get it .. but till now all indications say that the limited internet will be an obligation ..
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it depends on what people are downloading. If you're just downloading documents and the occasional programme, I would have thought that 2GB should be plenty, but I guess if you're downloading music and movies, then it will mount up pretty quickly.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it has something do to do with fighting copyright piracy AND making internet more available for a greater mass?

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=014264

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any decrease in price is greatly appreciated. [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ No no Smuck, you will be amazed how fast you will use up the 2 GB and end up paying much more. Actually Ramesses is right.

They are actually fighting the shared use of Internet this way, so that more people end up buying the service and pouring more money in their pockets to buy the new kids on the block new hummers.

(P.s. For the brilliant troll who wants to report me for the Egyptian intelligence since doctors are terrorists nowadays, here's one more post for your collection. I promise you, you will die of senility before they notice your warning, and you will receive a reply in your next life, as a sorsar. LOL.)

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TAREK307
Member # 7838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TAREK307   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE MINISTER OF COMMUNICATION IS AN IDIOT!!

Now all the people who are able to expand their minds on the internet and learn, will be cut in half!! What a freaking IDIOT!!

--------------------
MY BLOG
www.modernpharaoh.blogspot.com

http://www.myspace.com/tarek307

AOL,YAHOO,MSN TAREK307

Posts: 511 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got tired of waiting for the page to load. Is this all of Egypt, or certain areas? Sounds like all. [Frown]
Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karemo7
Member # 386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karemo7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ramesses:
Misister of communication declared that the prices of the adsl lines will be LE 45 per month instead of LE 95.
but...
with a maximum download of 2 GB per month .. any extra GB will be for 10 pound ...
His excelency said that this decision was made to help spreading the ADSL service in egypt..
so in this case .. i will pay 45 pounds for my line .. and i download around 20 GB per month in normal cases .. so i will pay LE 225 instead of LE 95 [Big Grin] [Big Grin] really this will help spreading the ADSL service [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ..
welcome in egypt

you r right 100 % [Mad] , practically prices be higher than in the past ,this decision didn't surpeised coz waht egyptian government give you by the right hand take its tripple by the left hand
Posts: 367 | From: cairo , egypt | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had heard about this, and thought it was great...but now I am confused.
what would be included in this 2 GB of download stuff.
like...if I get an email and there is an attachment of a pic...
or I go to a game website and download some stupid attachment...is that gobbling up this 2GB?
please eductate us poor unfortunates whose heads are spinning now.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Opening any link means downloading it. So every time you log into ES you're using a couple of megabytes, and the longer you stay the more you use.

But I'm an old fart too.

E7darna ya Auto we7yat awladak. [Razz]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sharmawy
Member # 13930

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharmawy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear All there is misunderstand in this issue
as this decision which take place in September is meant to ADD EXTRA package for limited download users so they pay only 45 for limited GB's they download , but if you need unlimited access you will still be able to have recent packeage of 95 L.E for 256 KBPS , so need price increase or what ever it will be only competeive pacakge for the shared netowrks in house so ppl will be able to have there own seprate lines

--------------------
if chances don't have a door , build a door

Posts: 7 | From: Sharm | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
^^ Aha! Thanks for that!

It's been raining misunderstandings lately, hasn't it?!

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

So every time you log into ES you're using a couple of megabytes

NOooooooooo
I sometimes access es from my Mobile , it does NOT cost me one mega.

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you open ES that's not downloading, that's browsing. 2G a month is very liitle. I downloaded 15G in 3 days [Smile]
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
^^ Bejeezuz!! FIFTEEN GEGABYTES in 3 days? What do you download, man?! The whole entire universe?

(Disclaimer: I'm a really old fart.)

karemo7
Member # 386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karemo7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karim:
If you open ES that's not downloading, that's browsing. 2G a month is very liitle. I downloaded 15G in 3 days [Smile]

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
which one you used to download movies bitcomet or edonkey ?!!

Posts: 367 | From: cairo , egypt | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com