EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cairo: Where are all the cool people? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cairo: Where are all the cool people?
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drugs have been used recreationally by people of all classes and all age groups and both genders throughout the world for many years, although from what I understand more men tend to use it than women. It is not a new phenomenon that has just become apparent; in fact its use was rife in the 60s and 70s in Europe among ordinary teenagers and working people who just wanted an extra buzz at the weekend, in the same way as it is today. Its use is also not unique to the non-Muslim world, it has been and still is used by ordinary people recreationally everywhere. Part of the reason why the penalties are so strict against it in the Muslim world, often incurring the death penalty, is because its use was seen to be becoming such a problem.

It is only a small percentage of drug users that become addicts, partly due to personal psychology and circumstances, and an even smaller percentage that get involved in the actual dealing and trading. And these are the ones most likely to be involved in criminal activities (outside the drug taking), the majority of drug users are not, most of them are ordinary people who take drugs in the same way as most people take alcohol, purely for recreational purposes.

Europe and the West is more selective in what it declares illegal, it has only made drugs illegal, but turns a blind eye to alcohol, although the effects of alcohol to society are much more pervasive than drugs. Islam forbids both due to the potentially negative effect of both, trying to protect society from those who have the potential not only to cause harm to themselves but also to others.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:

Let us review these statistics about the amount of marijuana that is available in Egypt (in tons).

• In 2002, it reached about 600 tons.

I think about a quarter of that went into my chocolate cakes...

Dalia, you still crack me up. You're like a little terrier (but I mean that in a good way).

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gentle_giant:
I think about a quarter of that went into my chocolate cakes...

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com