EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » DEAD HORSES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DEAD HORSES
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please could everyone stop using the caleches and horses at the pyramids.

The stables behind the Pyramids have thrown 3 dead horses into the canal and I passed by this morning and saw the stable boys washing!!!! the stable horses in the water 6 feet from the dead ones [Eek!] God knows how they did not pass out from the smell in this heat????

I wanted to stop and get you pics but the smell was unbearable and all the cars were racing past.

If anyone is interested in getting evidence, with a strong stomach it is the road you take to join the ring road and about 500mtr from the ring road you will see the 3 dead horses all close together lying at the bank side.

Take plenty air freshener or perfume, you will be sick.

If you ride these horses, if you knew what they are washed in you would NEVER do it again.

[Mad]

Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salexian
Member # 13086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salexian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will not use the caleches. At least not until the horses are treated better!

--------------------
He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.

Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salexian:
I will not use the caleches. At least not until the horses are treated better!

Take a look at egypt's human rights record, then tell me you're actually surprised at how they treat animals.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agreed VB but this is an environmental issue, a health issue too, not just unbelievable cruelty.

You cannot change the core of the society.

this was a warning to tourists.

all the people who rent these horses, who sit in the caleches, who ride them around the pyramids.

--------------------
Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com