EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Camel kills woman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Camel kills woman
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pet camel kills Australian woman

[Eek!]

A woman in Australia has been killed by her pet camel after the animal may have tried to have sex with her.

The woman was found dead at the family's sheep and cattle ranch near the town of Mitchell in Queensland.

The woman had been given the camel as a 60th birthday present earlier this year because of her love of exotic pets.

The camel was just 10 months old but already weighed 152kg (336lbs) and had come close to suffocating the family's pet goat on a number of occasions.

On Saturday, the woman apparently became the object of the male camel's desire.

It knocked her to the ground, lay on top of her and displayed what the police delicately described as possible mating behaviour.

"I'd say it's probably been playing, or it may be even a sexual sort of thing," the Associated Press news agency quoted Queensland police Detective Senior Constable Craig Gregory as saying.

Young camels are not normally aggressive but can become more threatening if treated and raised as pets.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6954728.stm

Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a weird death!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last sentence in the article is interesting; I guess some animals shouldn’t be treated as pets. I have also heard of a camel killing a man by biting him in the neck.
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sob

was there a guy riding the camel wearing a big black cape and a red sash, with a funny eastern European accent ? [Eek!]

Think it might have been the rider and the camel got the blame for it

--------------------
Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its not impossible the camel fell in love.
When I was a kid (no pun intended), our family kept goats because we had big orchards in the countryside and they kept the grass down and ate all the windfall apples etc.
Anyway, one of the nanny goats fell in love with my dad, and started to get really jealous of my mum. If my dad ever dared to hug my mum in front of the goat, it was start bleating and make menacing gestures. One day my mum sat on the swing and the goat ran up and butted her in the behind so hard she fell off.
Another time, the goat got in the house up the backstairs and was running about eating clothes etc, so my mum went into the garden on the swing to entice the goat out, and the goat came tearing down the backstairs so it could run up and butt my mum on the behind.
Yes, these stories are true!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my god, oldbag, I never knew goats could behave like that! [Eek!]

But I also have a story to tell. I adopted that little male street kitten in Cairo which turned into a big fat lazy cat - but ooh so sweet - well most of the time.

Once my boyfriend came over and we made out, I went back to the kitchen to get something to drink and my four-legged best friend jumped right up on the bed and attacked my ex right between his legs! I heard him screaming oh hell!!!! [Eek!] [Big Grin] From that night on the cat was banned from the bedroom - at least at certain times! [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] TL
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay... that does it for me. Looks like I won't be riding any camels again when I return to Egypt. Who'd have thought! [Eek!]
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pseudo...I suppose that I shouldn't be laughing at that story (cuz the woman DID die), but that is just so funny, I cannot stop laughing.
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
Okay... that does it for me. Looks like I won't be riding any camels again when I return to Egypt. Who'd have thought! [Eek!]

LOL @ Gail, I never rode them in the 1st place, they scare me! [Razz]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
I know a woman died but when I read the headline I couldn't help laughing too Jean Bean [Big Grin]

Oldbag and Tiger

I need a rolling on floor smiley.......

--------------------
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
A ROFL is good enough for the beginning! [Wink]

But seriously I also believe that sometimes animals display jealous behavior.

I once saw a TV documentary where the woman had a new boyfriend and the couple was never able to enjoy sitting by themselves on the sofa. Her dog - I think it was a Pomeranian - came right up and set in between them and god forbid if the man put his hand on the woman. That bloody dog would start immediately to snap and fletch its teeth.

That's why the couple called on a dog trainer in this TV program - and believe it or not they were able to resolve the problem ..... no the dog didn't end up in the pound and also the man didn't have to move out of the appartment. [Big Grin] No the dog was trained to accept the woman's boyfriend.

Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smucky ~ I know... it is a little scary at first. They are SO tall! But I decided I had to experience it at least once. I'm not sure if I e-mailed you the picture of me on a camel, but I will do that. I posted a picture of "my" camel on your thread "10 must-do things...." He seemed calm enough. [Smile]
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
Smucky ~ I know... it is a little scary at first. They are SO tall! But I decided I had to experience it at least once. I'm not sure if I e-mailed you the picture of me on a camel, but I will do that. I posted a picture of "my" camel on your thread "10 must-do things...." He seemed calm enough. [Smile]

oh no, Gail on a camel, yes you must email me that one. [Smile] The noise they makes scares me most. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com