EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Introduce your self,your way! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Introduce your self,your way!
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Feel love   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi every one,
My name is Michael (kata).
Egyption located in cairo.
An accountant in heineken international.
I am 25 years old,Single.
Searching for friendship and haveing a good time.
Hate regular speech and actions.
*I hope some people would share that,its a good and direct way to have a new friends.

Posts: 211 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friendships usually arise by common intrests or backgrounds. For instance shared hobby`s... So, what are your hobbies? Is there a possibility to join an Egyptian club in this?
IMO most Egyptians in common are open to friendships, especially to foreigners. You will expierence the language-problem, but at the same time it will bring the opportunity to learn to speak Arabic. When you keep hanging on into the expat-community you`ll miss this...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feel love   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man plz,just introduce your self if you want or be ????? as you are.

--------------------
Kata

Posts: 211 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`m not living in Cairo, but are there several times a year, so the number of friends is limited to the ones I visit there.
So, it was only a suggestion to your side...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am Michele from the Usa kata............ and i am a food production manager / chef and i also do hair. i guess i like to be creative with sharp things [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feel love   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ?????, if you wanna have more friends you should talk about your self and let others see if you can be a friend to then or not,so just try that may be we can be friend and meet you next visit.
Thats fine Micky A,but what do you like more being a food production manager or do hair?

--------------------
Kata

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love to cook and create dishes , that is my passion , i love to create a menu and watch the reactions on the customers faces. LIKE - DONT LIKE?.it is a very rewarding profession.i have my staff try things out first ( they are all so willing to taste )and if they like it i know the customers will
my next project is writing a cook book, i create things but don't write them down so my mom suggested
to do just that. so that is my new passion to create all my own dishes for this cook book [Smile]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
i love to cook and create dishes , that is my passion , i love to create a menu and watch the reactions on the customers faces. LIKE - DONT LIKE?.it is a very rewarding profession.i have my staff try things out first ( they are all so willing to taste )and if they like it i know the customers will
my next project is writing a cook book, i create things but don't write them down so my mom suggested
to do just that. so that is my new passion to create all my own dishes for this cook book [Smile]

we have so much in common micky i love to eat [Big Grin]
amr

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
good when i get my cookbook finished i will send you a copy [Wink]
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i eat better then i cook so would that means you trying to run away from sending me hot meal heh
even dhl one [Big Grin]
if you married to egyptain guy he will tell u for sure feed the poor guy [Big Grin]
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Sound good,but dont forget to translate the book into arabic and other languages to allow all people to use it, cook master loolool

--------------------
Kata

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
well now you are really asking for alot. if you can type English you must know how to read it [Wink] oh and amr my hubby never has to worry about being hungry [Razz] i will look into hot meals via DHL just for you [Smile]
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Hahahah,but i dont cook any way,so the book will be for my expected wife,if she cant read english.

--------------------
Kata

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by katakata2891981katakata:
Well ?????, if you wanna have more friends you should talk about your self and let others see if you can be a friend to then or not,so just try that may be we can be friend and meet you next visit.
Thats fine Micky A,but what do you like more being a food production manager or do hair?

Mr. Katakata.

As I understood you`re the one who was searching for friends, and I only did a suggestion to find them.
I`m making friends on my own way, in Cairo and in Europe. As soon as I feel the need to make appointments with strange men half my age, I will let you know.

Thank you.

Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Well,now i know some thing about you that you are over age.thats a good start, go on...

--------------------
Kata

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
It seems that I`m missing something in this conversation. Overaged is a relative subject. In your opinion I may be so, but your request "go on" is in contradiction with this.
What do you mean ?

--------------------

Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
I mean,is this what you want the people you are talking with in this forum to now about you,that you are over age and you are ?????.

--------------------
Kata

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Oh well, in fact they know more, already told that. I just didn`t want to introduce myself, but give you an advice to get new friends.
At the same time I don`t understand this need for new friends. You`re Egyptian, you`re having a job, you`ve finished school, getting friends must not be a problem then?

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
I don`t understand this need for new friends. You`re Egyptian, you`re having a job, you`ve finished school, getting friends must not be a problem then?

quick question to understand your point of view ???
1-whats wrong with having new friends do i have to have no friends to see new one?
2- been egyptain and having ajob and finishing school
hummmm why is that related of having friends
do i have to be 100% egyptain and i have ajob and finsh my school to get friends

?
amr

zipmeister
Member # 14069

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipmeister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

I am 25 years old fro mEngland will be based in Nasr City cairo soon as i will be enrolling on a 9 month Arabic program.

Anyway do any of you guys kniow any companies in CAIRO that use SAP? As i am a SAP consultant.

Regards
Zipmeister

Posts: 2 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh well, in fact they know more, already told that. I just didn`t want to introduce myself, but give you an advice to get new friends.
At the same time I don`t understand this need for new friends. You`re Egyptian, you`re having a job, you`ve finished school, getting friends must not be a problem then?

???, the guy started a post to meet people cause maybe he wants to make friends from different countries. Networking is always a good thing, why are you giving him a hard time??? Its fun to have online friends from different cultures and countries, and who knows if someday he may be visiting that country and is in need of a friend, well then he has one. I dont understand what the problem is [Confused] [Confused]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, michael its nice to meet you. [Smile] My nickname is Cecee, Im a nurse and I live in the US. Enjoy the forum!!
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
quote:

???, the guy started a post to meet people cause maybe he wants to make friends from different countries. Networking is always a good thing, why are you giving him a hard time??? Its fun to have online friends from different cultures and countries, and who knows if someday he may be visiting that country and is in need of a friend, well then he has one. I dont understand what the problem is [Confused] [Confused]
welcome to the club nor me people get offended so easily here iam gona change my nick name just for this forum now [Big Grin]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
There was no offence. In the start I even didnt read the post right, because I thought he was an expat, and that`s why i adviced him to join a club. By common intrests as for instance sports, people make friends. So, my reaction was not to make new friends, I`m not living in Cairo, I`m not in his age, and I think we don`t have much in common.
Besides that, I barely make friends by internet, to be exact, there is one... and that`s wasn`t a result of a search for friends, but a result of a contact about work.
I prefer to meet and see people before I start to get on friendly terms.
And to answer Amr: Nothing is wrong, as far as I know. I don`t know the person behind Katakata, so how could I state there was something wrong?
After finishing school and get a job, in the country where you have been born and raised, getting friends mustn`t be that difficult.
Everybody must have expierenced this, when they started a working-career...; ppl earn money and can spend some of that by going out, by doing sports, etc...
That`s why I asked...

--------------------

Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
well,what did i missed here.okay,thanks amr for the support,Zipmeister my company will use Sap at the year beginning 2008 but untill now we use oracle system,Cecee welcome here and thanks,and finally Mr.????? you are wrong i have too much friends that you cant count , i dont need advises for how to meet new people,and its normal to introduce your self to new people even if they will not be your friends but its like shake hands.so keep your advises,but you still can introduce your self any time instead of talking with some people you dont even want them.

--------------------
Kata

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
WE, as Europeans, introduce ourselves by entering. So I already did, last year. Maybe it`s different in Egypt, I see you entered 3 months ago. [Wink]
Nevertheless I`m happy that you have so many friends. And I hope that you will find a lot more.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
BTW, as an employee from Heineken,in combination with the anti-alcohol-attitude in Egypt; how are people reacting on this? Is it no problem as long as you don`t consume, is it a problem for some, is it no problem at all???

--------------------

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
quote:
BTW, as an employee from Heineken,in combination with the anti-alcohol-attitude in Egypt; how are people reacting on this? Is it no problem as long as you don`t consume, is it a problem for some, is it no problem at all???

i think kata have no problem in drinking ,

but any how in fact i never saw any one having problems drinking in any place hummm .
i think you only get troubles here if you drinking while your driving like every where else
and there is no anti-alcohol-attitude,
its up to your religion and your live style
i know Christians who dont drink
and i know some Muslims who do .
so there is no rule you just drink or you dont drink
amr

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Drinking while driving?
Just take a look to the people who are leaving this partyboats on the Nile, by closingtime. the police is standing next to it, and they allow people to drive their cars while they are visable drunk! Sometimes that drunk that it is a miracle that they manage to leave the boat without falling in the river!
I think it depends on how big the car is... [Big Grin]
Anyway, most Muslims do not drink, and most Christians don`t have problems with it.
Most places don`t sell alcohol, and if you want to buy it, you only can get it in certain places.
I know people who are having moral objections against working with products that are not allowed in religion. That can go very far, I know people who are having problems with touching a paper box/bag that contains "haram" products!It`s personal, I know.
So, that`s why I asked to the average attitude in this...

Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
look now we have somthing to talk about.well you can say that we are selling drugs not alcohol,and just few old shops which have an old permission as no new permissons now goes easy.if you look to upper egypt and delta, only hotels sell alcohol as it is forbidden by the governor of the cities to sell alcohhol.any way alcohol in egypt related to social classes,as high and few of middle classes are our customers and its not about religion.

--------------------
Kata

Twitty
Member # 13739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twitty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by katakata2891981katakata:

Mr. Katakata.

As I understood you`re the one who was searching for friends, and I only did a suggestion to find them.
I`m making friends on my own way, in Cairo and in Europe. As soon as I feel the need to make appointments with strange men half my age, I will let you know.

Thank you.

PPPPPPPPPPPPPppppllllllleeeeeaaaaaasssseeee Give the guy a break. His not trying to hook up with you or anyone else. He is looking for friends and is introducing himself. If you dont like it why bother to read it or comment on it [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 78 | From: anywhere | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Agree it is also about social classes. I want to add that lower classes simply cannot afford to buy alcohol, maybe it would be different when they would be able to do so.
At the same time it is very well possible that class is accompanied with religion, so also in higher classes alcohol-consumption is not something that will appear automatically, because they simply can afford it.
I was curious to the common opinion from people around, you are Muslim, you have had education, so you must have a certain thinking level and have an opinion about working for a beer multi-national. I think that you did decide, for yourself, don`t have moral objections against it. But people around? How does your family think about it?

Twitty
Member # 13739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twitty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It pays the bills
Posts: 78 | From: anywhere | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
quote:
Agree it is also about social classes. I want to add that lower classes simply cannot effort to buy alcohol, maybe it would be different when they would be able to do so.
At the same time it is very well possible that class is accompanied with religion, so also in higher classes alcohol-consumption is not something that will appear automatically, because they simply can effort it.
I was curious to the common opinion from people around, you are Muslim, you have had education, so you must have a certain thinking level and have an opinion about working for a beer multi-national. I think that you did decide, for yourself, don`t have moral objections against it. But people around? How does your family think about it?

1-i always wondered how you define your self in class?

i mean when would you say iam high class low class middle class? is it all based on money
and do you really believe in class?

would i be high class if iam riding x car and low class if iam riding x car

2- 2nd about what your family think about question

there people who work in bars or hotels
bartenders or working on hotel which provide alcoholics or watch all day naked chicks on pool

and they don’t drink or even do anything u might think its normal like dating chicks etc

but still work in such a place which offer forbidden fruit
what do you think regarding that ?

last i like you name Twitty so sweet [Smile]

amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
1. There are several definition of class, in common people mean the economic life-standard, and devide this in classes. But there is also a class that`s something inside the head, indeed.
2.I think most of them won`t resist forbidden fruits as soon as they are offered. To see food makes hungry! [Razz]

Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Frist give me a name for the person talking to me.cuz i dont now what to say he/she or it.
and i am christian and i told you its not a problem of religion.

--------------------
Kata

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Why? What is the problem?

--------------------

Twitty
Member # 13739

Rate Member
quote:
Why? What is the problem?

He just wanna know who it is who's trying to humilate and attack him......
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Twitty thanks.and Mr. ????? important,i dont now how i am talking to you untill now, but ist funny talking with nobody.hha i now exactly what you want.

--------------------
Kata

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Okay, tell me... [Razz]
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
This become little bit boring, as you are trying to hear some things makes you satisfied inside,and i will not make this satisfaction to you.try some thing hard,may be it will help or just hangout at night on dark streets.hahaha

--------------------
Kata

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
So now we will play Dr. Phil and make a psychological analysis based on a number sentences, only because I refuse to show my personal details.
I recommend you to show some respect for an unknown person who only uses the right that every person has.
You are telling your personal details, and I do not .
You can only accept and consider that there must be a reason.

--------------------

Twitty
Member # 13739

Rate Member
You specific was not asked to introduce yourself. He opened the topic so that posible new friends could introduce themself. You could have ignored this topic. Nobody forced you to answer.

The name of the thread has never been : Introduce your self,your way ?????

Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Well i told you i now what you want,but why you are doing that? what i said befor was just to remove the mask you are putting.here you think that you are as super power deals with third world,you fell your self better than the others.you are dreaming.

--------------------
Kata

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
for the love of god plz give it up.let other people introduce themselves if they want ?????? doesnt want to tell you so plzzzzzzzzzzzz give it a rest already. every time i come on here i expect to see other people and what they do and their names , but only you and ?????? are going back and forth, [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Another psychological analysis, putting complete strangers into your own boxes, named overaged, arrogant, problematic ?
Well, this making preconceptions is human, I also do that. The only difference is: I`m not making them public. I don`t because in the back of my head I know my own conclusions doesn`t have to be necesarrely right, because I made that conclusions based on a very limited input.
You seem to have no problems with making your conclusions public, even knowing that you don`t have a clue whoand how I am.
And meanwhile your own reactons are completening the picture that I already had in mind, and the picture becomes more complete.

I already explained to you why I reacted in this topic. In my opinion it doesn`t make any difference knowing personal detaild about members in communicating by a board. It is meant for exchanging opinions, to discuss a large variety of subjects regarding the country Egypt.

So, I like to discuss my point of views with others. For me I don`t care who I am talking with; black, white, rich, poor, male, female. Every person has opinions, and visiting a public board means that they should be open for other persons opinions.

You are asking me WHY I prefer to stay anonymous, and at the same time you`re already giving YOUR OWN answer: because in your opinion I feel superior and better then others.

This is characterising. Although I already explained my reasons when I was new on the board, you apparently do not know. Asking ME the question added with your own answer in a negative way in my opinion, to me, did tell enough.

We don`t have things in common, you don`t respect my opinion, and you already judged me and placed me into your own box-system. I advice you to leave it this way. You and I can`t communicate with each other, because we disagree on substantial idea`s about respect, polightness, and manners.

I wish you the best in your search.

--------------------

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
To Mickey A: I am sorry. I tried to finish it, and I hope the topic will be added with topic related information on voluntairy base.

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i see you have he has to let go of you. i think its called stalking [Big Grin] and i understand where you are coming from [Smile]
Twitty
Member # 13739

Rate Member
quote:
Another psychological analysis, putting complete strangers into your own boxes, named overaged, arrogant, problematic ?

Didnt you start by asuming that he was looking for female "friends" and then going on questioning his moral because his working for a beer compagny?
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a positive note:
By introducing one's self in general, for example:
'I travelled, I speak Spanish, I studied Psychology, or I am in such or such an age range, I am female or male Egyptian/ American/ French/German/Asian etc... I have an interest in Egypt because...etc...' would open doors for interesting discussions.
So here goes mine:

Almaz - nicknamed after a singer with a voice as clear as pure diamonds
Egyptian Female
Would love to answer any questions regarding Egyptian culture, based on my life/work/studies/ culture
In my very early thirties
Working on my PhD
Travelled to Europe a lot, and lived in the US a few years.
Love Islamic Art
Recently joined a Workoholic Anonymous organization [Big Grin]
Adore children and family life
My line of work shows on my profile

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com