EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » can any one help me finding a job ,,,!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can any one help me finding a job ,,,!!!!
hitman
Member # 13360

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for hitman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 26 years old egyptian male .... was born in dubai and lived there for 19 years .... I am here in egypt now for almost 8 years .graduated from applied arts , graphics section... things are going bad with me ...I am a good graphics designer but I am not able to find a good job here .. I don't know whats going on with me ... making some small fast money from time to time ..like driving, computers, or doing what ever ...I am good at almost everything ...can any one help ?
I was even thinking of getting out of here to any other country ,,,but I didn't finish my military papers yet .,, I don't have to serve military coz I am the only boy ....but I am finishing that these days ...coz I want to renew my passport and be able to travel any where if I had a chance to work outside ....

Posts: 235 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you try to get employment in Dubai? You know what to expect there and salaries are tempting.

There are many recruiting agencies out on the web.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hitman
Member # 13360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hitman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how can I do that ....I wish I can get back to dubai ....but how ?
Posts: 235 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jobs in Dubai

People love to work in UAE because there is general feeling that there is a lot of money in UAE. Getting a job in UAE would actually settle one financially for life. Hence, many people want to get jobs in UAE and actively seek it through various means.

Dubai is continually developing to an exciting, diverse, multi-cultural blend of young, dynamic and professional people enjoying the unrivalled quality of life that the Emirate has to offer. Therefore, Dubai has recorded that fastest growth in population in the world. More and more people immigrate to the city for quality of life, outstanding employment prospects and to experience the very best in the world of work and lifestyle.

There is low unemployment in Dubai and wide ranges of jobs are available. There is a wide variety of business operating in Dubai and it is possible to find work in many different market sectors. A number of employment agencies like Clarendon Parker, Nadia, BAC Middle East, IQ Selection, SOS Recruitment etc specialize in Dubai and UAE regions.

Here are some handy guides for beginners which help in settling down in Dubai easily.

Rules for Working in UAE

The rules for working in UAE are quite simple; you will need first to have a residential permit so you can apply for a labor card. The labor card will permit the person to obtain employment in the UAE. The residential permit can be obtained when someone in UAE can legally sponsor you. A person will legally sponsor you only when that someone either is your relative or a company who is going to employ you.

Visa Requirement

All visitors, except GCC nationals, require a visa, however free visit visas are issued to most nationalities upon entering Dubai. Some nationalities however do require visa so enquires should be made before traveling.

People coming to UAE to search for a job required a Visit Visa for entering in UAE and after finding a job one can transfer to a residence Visa by either re-entering country or directly transferring it.

A visit visa is valid for 60 days, but can be renewed for a further 30 days upon paying a fee of Dhs 500 at the Department of Immigration. Alternatively, a 'visa run' can be made, which entails flying to Doha or Muscat at a cost of approximately Dhs 300, and re-entering Dubai on a new visit visa.

If you have a job lined up for you, then your company should have your visa application sent to the airport at the time of your arrival. If so, they will stamp a residency visa in your passport.

For those coming to the UAE to search for a job, you will be entering the UAE on a visit visa, and once you have found a job, you can transfer to a residence visa by either re-entering the country or else directly transferring it.

Ministry of Labor and Affairs issue Employment Visa or Permit initially for a period of 30 days on showing the proof that you have acquired or about to acquire a job in UAE.

When you land the job, the rules of land dictates that the company that employs you will process all the formalities required for getting you the work permit.

Investor or Business Visa is issued when the applicant has a minimum of Dh 70, 000 in the share capital. This visa is issued for an initial time of three years.

If you are planning to bring your family members to live with you, then you will need to get a family residence visa. This visa will allow you to sponsor your spouse, children, and parents, if they are coming with you. In order to have a family residence visa, your salary must exceed Dhs. 4,000 a month.

For more information on Visa Click Here

http://www.dubaicity.com/dubai-jobs/index.htm

I found instantly also these websites online:

http://www.jobsindubai.com/

Check out following job offers:

http://www.jobsindubai.com/job_list.asp?job_cat_id=2

http://jobsearch.monster.com/Search.aspx?q=Dubai&ct=ME&aj=Dubai

http://www.naukrigulf.com/ni/nijobsearch/loc-jobs-dubai/

As I said there are many more out.

Good luck in finding your employment. Send me a pic once you are settled! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the best in the job hunting Hitman
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reserved
Member # 14062

Icon 2 posted      Profile for reserved         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
I am 26 years old egyptian male .... was born in dubai and lived there for 19 years .... I am here in egypt now for almost 8 years .graduated from applied arts , graphics section... things are going bad with me ...I am a good graphics designer but I am not able to find a good job here ..

If you think you're good try to become better, it may help you find a job. From what I've seen Egypt is lacking in that area. It mazes me the number of Egyptian websites with crappy graphics. Not to mention the lousy pictures they post on those websites, even armature photographers can do better.
Posts: 173 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Magnoon Leader:

If you think you're good try to become better, it may help you find a job. From what I've seen Egypt is lacking in that area. It mazes me the number of Egyptian websites with crappy graphics. Not to mention the lousy pictures they post on those websites, even armature photographers can do better.

Not only websites, a lot of printed stuff is seriously lacking in quality as well. Even expensive glossy magazines, for example, often suffer from bad layouts, very unprofessional use of typography, bad image quality and an overall lack of the application of basic design rules.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Read El Wasset 03/09/2007

Professional Corel Drow Salary from 700 to 900 tel: 24196812 or 010 6634237

flash - after effect - 3D Max tel 33030924 / 33459020

Dont know it may help you or not but you can try

Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As unhelpful as this will be hitman, I remember that insurance companies are usually looking to hire people. I know for example, there's this one on Kalefa Al Mamoun in Heliopolis, I think it's called Pharaonic (it's the Egyptian version of AIG)--they're usually looking for people (possibly due to a high turnover rate?). I realize this isn't much of a job for a career, but if it's a dry spell--maybe? I know they're hiring (though this was a few months ago) because I was looking to get insurance for a 'job' and the way I said it was confusing, so they thought I was looking for a job and offered me one. There's also some company by Beano's on Baghdad street in Heliopolis where they pay you for medical transcription (need some familiarity with medical words, which you can pick up the basics I'm sure, and understanding spoken English to transcribe it), and they're always hiring too. I wish I could remember their name, if you're interested I can ask someone who used to work for them.

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mark2006:

Professional Corel Drow Salary from 700 to 900 tel: 24196812 or 010 6634237

No professional uses Corel Draw!
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
professional in corel draw [Big Grin] thats what they ment dalia lol

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hitman:
I am not sure if I undestood when you said: didn't finish my military papers yet ...
I understnad when you are under 30 years then you will not have full military exemption , you will have a temperorary one ,, would you be able to find work in arabic countries or even get a working visa if you have not had military clearnce? also most of the jobs in Egypt does not give a good hcance for thos who have not finished the military service ,, so how would you go about that?
Regarding finding jobs in Egypt ,,, Did you contact the employment agencies? I have seen many of them in Egypt ,, and I understand they do not charge you but they charge the employer, so you ar enot loosing anything by vistitng as many as you can.. I am talking about those which can find you jobs in Egypt ,, rather than those dodgy ones for finding employment in arabic countries.
You were born in Dubai and lived there for 19 years ,, so I can assume that your family/parents should have enough fund to support you to start your own business,,,did you consider any business to start?
One last advice.. you said ..I am good at almost everything ,,, no one is like that jack of all trades is master of none,, so do not try to sell /market yourself by saying that ,, it will make people usspect your ability ,,, it is must better to highlight one or 2 or even 3 areas which you think you can master.... good luck in finding the right job for you..

Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by The Lunatic Is in my Head:
professional in corel draw [Big Grin] thats what they ment dalia lol

I know. [Wink] But it still sounds like an oxymoron to me ...
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by south_london_male:
One last advice.. you said ..I am good at almost everything ,,, no one is like that jack of all trades is master of none,, so do not try to sell /market yourself by saying that ,, it will make people usspect your ability ,,, it is must better to highlight one or 2 or even 3 areas which you think you can master

I totally agree, and I think that's an important piece of advice.

Best of luck, hitman! [Smile]

south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HitMan.. on emore advice if you do not mind
make suree ( assuming you found a good place to apply at ) to mention your strenth point ,,, they would like to hear about your quality as how good a team member you can be,, how accurate you are ,, how fast you are .. you need to give examples,,also mention that you are willing to acquire new skills /knowlege .. you a ready to be trained and retrained .. how much mobile you can be and if you are happy to relocate ... make sure to have a CV ready and place it at many website and job agencies,, make sure not to mention so many things that you can do at the same CV ( no master of all trades please )
try to be impressive.. and again ggod luck

Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by south_london_male:
HitMan.. on emore advice if you do not mind
make suree ( assuming you found a good place to apply at ) to mention your strenth point ,,, they would like to hear about your quality as how good a team member you can be,, how accurate you are ,, how fast you are .. you need to give examples,,also mention that you are willing to acquire new skills /knowlege .. you a ready to be trained and retrained .. how much mobile you can be and if you are happy to relocate ... make sure to have a CV ready and place it at many website and job agencies,, make sure not to mention so many things that you can do at the same CV ( no master of all trades please )
try to be impressive.. and again ggod luck

http://www.dubaicity.com/dubai-jobs/resume-writing-tips.htm [Wink]
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ms. Dalia , i wrote and translate what is writen in this magazine that is all , so i dont know if corel draw is for professional or not , but it was meaning pro. in corel draw (use it very well)
by the way i know web designer told me that corel draw is the perfect choice

any way if you know some how to help so go a head..........

Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hitman
Member # 13360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hitman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for ur help people ...... and hey dalia ..... let me tell u something ,I feel u r a pro ,, for a pro ,,all graphics softwares are important .... even corel ..... u know , most of the products packages / stationarys / B.cards ,,,,etc ,,, are made much more better with corel than other soft , each software have a good usage of it , any way , the designer is not a designer if he or she didn't waste a 100's of papers for sketching , thats the designing , computer softwares are just to bring the idea alife ,,,, I can draw a design with colors and a graphic pen that u wont make a diffrance between my hand and a printer [Big Grin] ...and trust me with that ,,. lol

check this .....some of my old work ....used corel in some of them ,
http://www.hi5.com/friend/photos/displayManageAlbum.do?albumId=90509347

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey dude we can work things out as free lancer if you have free time and pass me your cv i can check some stuff at work for you [Smile] if you get the degree

amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hitman
Member # 13360

Rate Member
man ..... I am graduated from The applied arts college....do u think I have a deploma ????...nop .. I have B.A applied arts / graphics and advertising section , its a five years srudy after the school ... [Smile] , I am not playing here ,,,,lol + I am a natural born artist ...
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
i dont know much about egyptain degrees i got my degree from out side egypt and in engineering lol
so the point here is your work so join chat room here to get you my contact info
and we talk little how things work

p,s advice dont talk so much let your work talk for you
no one interested in some one saying iam the sh it lol trust me about that [Smile] when some one see your work and say wow you simply smile and say i am glad you like it i will try harder next time [Smile]
amr

--------------------
-- Zenna Schaffer
-- Josh Billings

hitman
Member # 13360

Rate Member
the problem is that they see my work .... but they take and don't wanna pay [Big Grin] ...lol ..I have over 16,000 Le in the market that I am not able to collect coz of the egyptian fucking (thief) companys ... lol
I think you know intercontinintal citystars !! right ,,, ok ,,u can see there my work ..all thier printings is made by me .... u know a girl who uses Dabour Amla oil ??? printings r made by me [Big Grin] .... Unza , Osome creative chocolate packages and cards,,,,, trend shop ..bla bla bla ,,all nothing, that was not art ,,I was just collecting money ,I want a real job that can give me more exp points ..something I don't know ,,, u said people wanna see my work right ! ,,,, go see it in the street [Smile] ,,,, lol ,,, u got me wrong .... I am not sad coz I cannot find a job ,,, I am upset coz I am not finding a real challenging position . I refuse to be only a performer of graphics ...I am a creative ,,,, I have a crazy mind , wide imagination .... so thats why I am asking for help ,,,asking for help coz I am feeling that I am a dead who is still walking ,,,,, I am an egyptian ... but to me ..egypt sucks ..its killing me and my skills + my talent .... hope u got what I am talking about ,,I prefere be a transporter or a driver than bieng a designer who is not bieng evaluated ,,,,jobs for talanted people here are wasted ,,,,, hard to get ,,I left 4 companys in 4 months coz of that , a stupid team , or a greedy bastard boss who is not bieng fair .... so far from my place and also sucks .... I always leave the job coz I am uncomfort in it ...til I will find the good one , now a saudi owner of a satalite channel in media city wants to hire me to work for him in a good salary ,,,, suppose to start on saturday.... I hope its a nice place ...

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i understand but you can creat web site for your self read and take courses in new subjects every job is challenging man
if you wanted to be
i understand every bit of your frustration i got my degree in wimax security and desging swan networks
which is layer of encryption prevented in usa
do you think working in egypt was easy
do u think i was happy with my degree and stopped having certification iam certified in Linux rhce / unix solaris 10 oracle 10g php and mysql cwnp cisco i got ccnp / security anti hacking from white hat training
and still studying for pmp
and will never stop see what i mean ?
so its ok to be good and you like what you work in but the part of your job that u make it challenging create and create find new ideas and create

i maybe i miss understood you i though u have financial issue so i have hosting company maybe we can work together i would need graphic designer's for some of the clients hosted mostly css styles flash intros php encoded flash player alot really
and i work for ministry of aviation so i might be able to find work there nothing fanstay but its stable if that what u looking for then i am glad to help if not
and you want some one hire you and tell you
you are the man do what ever you would like or design melody hits ads lol
it doesn't exit in real life you know how life works
u work hard and what gods give you elhamdolah you never stop working or been creative
let me know if i can help
peace
amr

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by mark2006:

by the way i know web designer told me that corel draw is the perfect choice

Well, if a web designer told you, then who am I to argue? [Roll Eyes]
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by hitman:

thanks for ur help people ...... and hey dalia ..... let me tell u something ,I feel u r a pro ,, for a pro ,,all graphics softwares are important .... even corel ..... u know , most of the products packages / stationarys / B.cards ,,,,etc ,,, are made much more better with corel than other soft

Hitman, I've honestly never met a single professional who uses Corel Draw, most printshops will not even accept Corel files, because they don't color separate properly -- Corel Draw is for stuff that will be viewed on the screen, you can't do professional preprint preparation with it.
I work with FreeHand and Illustrator, both excellent programs for vector illustrations, but I do most of my layouts in QuarkXPress anyway.

The link doesn't work for me, btw, since I'm not registered ... [Frown]

CoffeeAddict&Not looking for a cure
Member # 11183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoffeeAddict&Not looking for a cure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should open up a website where you can do your graphic work online and people will pay you. I know lots of talented people that make money that way, you will make good money and be your own boss so you wont have to deal with unfair egyptian bosses.

Hope the job you found with the saudi is going well, they are usualy good bosses.

--------------------
Drinkin Coffee Like the Lunatic I am.

Posts: 173 | From: In you're coffee pot | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com