EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Internet connection cost and suppliers in Al Rehab City

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Internet connection cost and suppliers in Al Rehab City
T8PRA
Member # 13513

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for T8PRA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salaam All,

I am investigating an internet provider and would like to know if you guys have experience on who to use and if I could get a referral or a number. I'm coming in December and provisionally need to set up a small remote office so that I can continue my work in London.

Any advice appreciated

Ifty.saiyed@gmail.com

Posts: 30 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King-Tut
Member # 14148

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King-Tut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello...
Since you are staying in Rehab City, free hotspots wifi ara available, just bring with you a good indoor or outdoor antenna, so the world is between your hand.

------------
http://www.rehabians.com (Rehab City Community)

--------------------
Thanks God

Posts: 42 | From: Western Sahara | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T8PRA
Member # 13513

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for T8PRA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi GO2BALI,

What do you mean by an antenna ? and where could I get one, I was thinking of bringing my wireless router from UK to Egypt, what is the price of broadband per month and any set up fees.

Thanks
Ifty

Posts: 30 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are the two main providers here in Egypt, http://www.tedata.net/ADSL.htm and http://www.linkdsl.com/LinkDSL_Code/Pages/Mydsl/Default.aspx?h=4

I have just connected with TE Data, as it seems to have the best reputation, and they took 4 weeks to connect me up due to a problem in my local telephone exchange. But so far so good.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T8PRA
Member # 13513

Rate Member
Hi newcomer,

really appreciate your advice, I'm in the UK can I sign up from here ? what are the logistical issues involved, is it a 12month sign up, do you have to pay a set up fee, is it wireless access as I will have a laptop.

Actually can I have your e-mail as you have done this and it will save me alot of time.

Thanks

Ifty

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi T8PRA!

I actually had to go into the office with a copy of my phone bill to show that it had been paid. So it is unlikely that you can sign up from the UK as you would have to have an address and proof of residence. If you know where you will be staying you might already have dsl access, as some places do, or you might be able to ask the owner to set it up for you.

If the place you are going to stay in has a telephone, you will be able to get immediate dial-up access through the free numbers that are available here in Egypt. This can tide you over on a temporary basis until your dsl line is connected. You just pay at the end of the 3 month billing period for the minutes that you used.

When you sign up you just pay the first monthly fee and, if you have your own router, they will configure it for you for free.

If you actually read through the links I sent you, they give details of the wireless services, the different packages that you can sign up for, and also even a copy of the contract you will sign.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egy_mada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi T8BRA, welcome to Al Rehab,
I agree with newcomer, I also signed up with Tedata, they have a good repuation in customer service, I have a wirless router at home so I can use my laptop, they can provide you with a password so you prevent the neighbourhood to access your router. So Far So excellent.

until that you have Cilantro, Costa Coffee in the open food court and Mcdonald's will open next december.
So you have free access to the internet through their Wi-Fi routers.

you still can access the dial up numbers, but the speed is so bad compared to DSL.

Wish you all the best.

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also live in Rehab and I use Tedata, for almost 3 years now and they are the best.
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T8PRA
Member # 13513

Rate Member
Salaam,

Egy mada, Karim and all those who have advised on internet connection. I'm coming in December and would like to meet up.

Please can everyone send me their e-mail addresses so I can contact you all when I'm in rehab.

waslaam

Ifty.Saiyed@gmail.com

Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egy_mada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Egypt, hope you enjoy your stay in Al Rehab.
my email is ahmed_sam@yahoo.com

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kimo@tedata.net.eg
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T8PRA
Member # 13513

Rate Member
Jazakallh for your e-mail addresses and your kind advice. Insha Allah looking forward to meeting you when I'm back in Al Rehab.

T8PRA

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com