EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Rehab is out of Water

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rehab is out of Water
Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egy_mada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rehab City is out of water since this morning, Nobody knows when it will come back.
Anybody in Rehab knows when water will come back.
!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this a common problem in Al Rehab?

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess Rehab ain't all it cracked up to be.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of water for 1/2 a day and the whole city's image goes down the drain..LOL

Allah forbid the electricity goes out too.

BTW is the electricity working?..If not then sure I will join you in saying Rehab ain't all it cracked up to be..LOL

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Big Mango
Member # 14254

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Big Mango     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha, ya my sister is coming to stay with us with here baby.
kata

Posts: 6 | From: Egypt | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend had a flood in her villa the other day, when a pipe upstairs burst. Good plumbers ya got there !
anyways, its all her fault !

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egy_mada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally the water came back, the main pipe feeds El Rehab was burst, it is fixed, water came back.
It is the 1st time since I came to Al Rehab (4 yrs.
No Problem, that may happen in Egypt. the point which frustrated me that nowbody knows anything, nobody can tell you a piece of information.
The City Service Center phone had a voice message that the water will be off since this morning UNTIL FURTHER NOTIFICATION.

I can not imagine that nobody knows why the water is off and until when.
even the story of the burst pipe was told after the water come back.

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh great that the problem is fixed for now but for how long?!

I remember six months or so ago people complained that something similar happened in Maadi - residents there had to live for several days without any water!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

I guess Al Rehab the city of money and power does offer fast restoration service unlike other cities in Egpyt.

A few friends of mine live in Madina Nasr and a few weeks ago they didn't have water for 4 days straight!

Not a drop of water!

--------------------

Bahlol elmasry
Member # 14256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bahlol elmasry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the water came back but I had my tissues for emergency
Posts: 19 | From: CA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Yes, the case of Nasr City was in our mind, now I am at home at 12:00 midnight, the parking area is empty compared to a normal day.
I believe many people are out until they are sure it is stable.

Yes, again, Al Rehab City is a place where the power and money are gathered here, if the water was cut in the whole Cairo, 1st place will restore water will be Al Rehab

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I never noticed the depletion of our water store [Big Grin] .
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is horrible, how can people go without water for days!?? [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a water cut for 5 days here in Medinet Nasr a couple of years ago and my building was without water for a couple of days recently due to a water pump failure. It certainly teaches you to value water and also can bring out a community spirit.

It also means that you always have some water as a standby for the next time [Smile]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The water was cut before in Rehab.
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I guess water shortage was/is experienced in all areas of Cairo at one point.... it's a serious ongoing problem.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

No matter where you live in Egypt you're bound to experience water issue if you stay her long enough

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I lived in Egypt for three years but I always had water. Sometime it was low pressure but it was still good enough to take a shower. I had more concerns about that the toilet couldn't handle well less water. [Wink]
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:

It also means that you always have some water as a standby for the next time [Smile]

Agreed! First thing I do in any new flat in Cairo is start filling water bottles! As soon as I finish a bottle of mineral water, it gets filled with tap water as a back up.

An idea for anyone living permanently in Cairo and receiving water through a pipe is to purchase a water tank (Khizan sp?) as back up. This means you will always have a source of water. I believe a tank costs around 1500-2000 LE downtown and of course the cost of a plumber to install it... the tank is stored on the roof of the building.

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking of doing that in Rehab.

quote:
Originally posted by NotSleeplessInCairo:
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:

Agreed! First thing I do in any new flat in Cairo is start filling water bottles! As soon as I finish a bottle of mineral water, it gets filled with tap water as a back up.

An idea for anyone living permanently in Cairo and receiving water through a pipe is to purchase a water tank (Khizan sp?) as back up. This means you will always have a source of water. I believe a tank costs around 1500-2000 LE downtown and of course the cost of a plumber to install it... the tank is stored on the roof of the building.

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bahlol elmasry
Member # 14256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bahlol elmasry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
barmeel mayyah aw khazzan mayyah
Posts: 19 | From: CA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Today at 6am the water pressure was little but now is ok.
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
I don't think the main pipe got burst, because on that day some people had water in Rehab, especially 4th section.

quote:
Originally posted by Egy_mada:
Finally the water came back, the main pipe feeds El Rehab was burst, it is fixed, water came back.
It is the 1st time since I came to Al Rehab (4 yrs.
No Problem, that may happen in Egypt. the point which frustrated me that nowbody knows anything, nobody can tell you a piece of information.
The City Service Center phone had a voice message that the water will be off since this morning UNTIL FURTHER NOTIFICATION.

I can not imagine that nobody knows why the water is off and until when.
even the story of the burst pipe was told after the water come back.

Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Karim, I am in 4th section, I had water cut either.
I doubt it is pipe burst, because my prevoius experience tells me not to trust any said word by the City Service Center, I know they are big liars

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com