EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Places to go and things to do for the Eid...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Places to go and things to do for the Eid...
CoffeeAddict&Not looking for a cure
Member # 11183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoffeeAddict&Not looking for a cure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ES, what is everyone doing for the eid?

Besides being with your families what are some things to do on the eid? Not looking to go to dream park since it will be overly crowded.

Got any tips, let me know.

Posts: 173 | From: In you're coffee pot | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have my cousin's wedding 1st day then i might be in sharm but not sure abt it ,what abt u

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We get 10 days publik holiday for Eid, so I plan to reconstruct my bedroom and managing my blog again. [Smile]
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoffeeAddict&Not looking for a cure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh a wedding sounds like fun, my aunt and little cousin ( she's nine years old ) are here from america. Looking for somethings to do for her and her little friends...

I might go to the haram and ride something, not sure yet though...

After the sun goes down I have a party planned but before then is the problem...

--------------------
Drinkin Coffee Like the Lunatic I am.

Posts: 173 | From: In you're coffee pot | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess everyone can go to hell and do whatever they may like there....
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Heart:
We get 10 days publik holiday for Eid, so I plan to reconstruct my bedroom and managing my blog again. [Smile]

10 daysssssssss ?! [Eek!]

We got a year... untill the next eid ... [Big Grin]

Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am thinking of doing a small party at my house ,there is a very small pool and we can have some barbecue but i will still c who will be interested

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to make a small party too, and visit some friends and families who invited me.
Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was thinking maybe go out cinema iam avoiding to go out in the morning though too crowded

esso did u get eid ka2ak yet ? i still need to buy some
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first day of Eid was beyond wonderful. I had a feeling it was going to be special but I never knew it would turn out the way it did. I’ll start from the beginning – which was the announcement of Eid on Thursday evening. It was totally unexpected because like most of you I was somewhat influenced by the so-called moon sighting experts and their calculations. I mean I thought okay there was a 5-10% chance that the Eid would fall on Friday but even our imsak cards stated that Eid was on October 13.

So this announcement sent me into jubilation and after jumping up and down like a clown to my wife’s amusement I fell asleep. This brings us to this morning when I awoke shortly before 5am to a cup of delicious tea with cardamom, something I hadn’t enjoyed during Ramadan. Afterwards it was off to the Mosque and as time was winding down we decided to perform Eid prayers in our neighborhood Mosque. That’s when it felt real festive. It was so wonderful and welcoming; in the courtyard they were offering worshippers Arabian coffee, which I was more than happy to drink. They also had a table full of sweets, although I passed on such sweets. The takbeer was great and we performed it from around 6:45am until the Eid prayer which started exactly at 7:15 am. Afterwards it was a short khutbah and since this Eid fell on a Friday, everyone performing Eid Prayers in the Mosque is excused from having to attend Friday’s congregational prayer – a sunnah act. [Big Grin]

Wonderful – wonderful and just wonderful because now we could go on with our trip without worrying about Dhur prayer or attending Jumm3ah. The Khutbah finished and it only got better and this is attributed to the wonderful Queen Rania. She started some initiative/program which was basically ‘toys for every child for the Eid’ and I witnessed this as children were handed out toys. May Allah bless this wonderful woman and her husband King Abdullah. The children were so happy and saying “3mo 3mo ana ana” to the men and women giving out the toys. The men and women were also given gifts but as I am too proud I declined but that didn’t stop my wife from getting a couple of plaques with Quranic verses on them. The atmosphere was festive in every way possible and I was happy to be a part of it. Oh and the Eid Zakat, Alhamdulillah we went because the deadline was before the actual Eid prayer … It wasn’t much, simply 75 piasters for every person or approximately $1.05 – that’s right only 1 Dollar and 5 cents per person.

Afterwards we drove north and it was blissful. The scenes were beautiful and I’ll post some pics in the food section in a little while. Driving and listening to Arabic music was amazing, especially with listeners calling stations to give their shout outs to friends and relatives and wishing everyone a happy Eid. The takbeer coming on during commercial breaks was also a nice touch. Then like an hour outside Amman the radio transmission started to get weak but only for us to pick up transmission from 105.7 which was transmitting pop songs from Damascus. It was nice to hear the Syrian taste in music and hearing them talk in their dialect about the Eid they’ll celebrate on Saturday [Razz] . This trip was festive and romantic [Smile] I mean there was a point when we drove up a mountain in Dibben forest and it was just soooo quiet. That quietness along with nature’s beauty was love, romance and happiness rolled into one.

I’m not sure what we’ll do tomorrow – probably go to the Dead Sea and just drive along the King’s Highway. Now though, I’ll enjoy another cup of tea, chill, upload you guys some pics and relax some more. [Smile]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sobriquet nice to see you here where have you been? missed ya عيد مبارك
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
Sobriquet nice to see you here where have you been? missed ya عيد مبارك

I’ve been here and there Mickey and a Happy Eid to you too - Missed you too boo [Smile]
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenie
Member # 14221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all happy Eid to you all - can someone explain what this is though please as I am English - is it the celebration after Ramadam?

--------------------
www.sierraresortnabq.co.uk

Posts: 124 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by queenie:
Hi all happy Eid to you all - can someone explain what this is though please as I am English - is it the celebration after Ramadam?

yep thats about it and you get to eat again and smoke dope in the morning [Big Grin]
Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11183

Member Rated:
{lol}

ES is crazy... smoke dope in the morning huh?

--------------------
Drinkin Coffee Like the Lunatic I am.

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by CoffeeAddict&Not looking for a cure:
{lol}

ES is crazy... smoke dope in the morning huh?

http://www.topplebush.com/humor/bushsmoking.jpg

explanation of what dope is if that what you ment [Razz]

it was joke so chill take a pill

amr

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com