EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian football player avoids handshake with Israeli team

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian football player avoids handshake with Israeli team
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EJP Updated: 26/Oct/2007 12:57

BRUSSELS (EJP)---An Egyptian player for Belgian football champion RSC Anderlecht refused to shake hands with Israeli players of Hapoel Tel Aviv at Thursday’s UEFA Cup match in Brussels, witnesses said.

Before the beginning of the match and at the end, 32-year-old midfielder Ahmad Hassan avoided any handshake with the Israeli team although the match took place correctly.

“He put himself on the side so as to avoid any handshake,” one witness," told EJP. "I was shocked," he said.

No one was available for a comment at the Brussels club.

Hapoel Tel Aviv, which is the sole Israeli representative in European competition, was beaten 2-0 by Anderlecht.

Argentinian Nicolas Frutos scoared the two goals.

Tel Aviv will play British Tottenham in two weeks.

http://www.ejpress.org/article/news/western_europe/21222

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This hateful little piece of shït needs to be kicked off the team permanently.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps he had a cold and didn't want to infect anyone. You know, it is the cold and flu season. [Razz]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mortimer
Member # 12475

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mortimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:

Absolutely [Mad]
Posts: 120 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egy_mada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ladies, as egyptians we still have a barrier between us and them.
The Israeli army is the israeli poeple who works and perform daily activity.
you know this country is a huge army ready to be packed for war.
Everyday, they are killing people who are our brothers and family.
I am 90% sure that the hand I am going to shake killed someone of my relatives or anyone I know.

If I crossed this barrier (My barrier) I can not cross their barrier --> Up to now they are wasting time and not ready to leave the plastinians to have their own state in 1967 line.
They make it difficult for plastinians to live.

I know they hate me and ready to kill me, why should I shakehand with them.
I have much to say, but words can not express my feeling.
It is not 100% hate. it is fear, suspect, untrust.

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still say it very kind of him to not want to transfer his cold...jeess you people assume the worst. [Razz]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egy_mada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ye, his cold might be another reason.
Posts: 55 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for all who were making fun of ahmed hassan ,if israelian killed some body in ur family ( which is the case 4 most egytians) i think the least response isnt to shake their hands

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Israelis & Arabs are from the same semitic stock.

The only time arabs bring up "brotherhood" is when it's time to hate on jews.

The prick in this article is incapable of suspending his hatred long enough to practice good sportsmanship and enjoy a competitive sport, that's what sports are suppposed to do, unite peolpe, not divide them.

What do you people think the Belgians think of this guy now? I can assure you they're not saying 'wow, egyptians are such progressive people" it's more like "wow, this tool really went out of his way to be a rude asshole".

Thank you ahmed asshole hassan for further cementing our reputation as hateful, ass-backward, neanderthals.

I hope you break both your legs next match, let's you play soccer then, bitch.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we dont care what people say ,he did what he wants ,better than people who acts they love u then try to harm u

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
The only time arabs bring up "brotherhood" is when it's time to hate on jews.
---------------------------------------------
It is not the only time, we have other common habits and believes.

The prick in this article is incapable of suspending his hatred long enough to practice good sportsmanship and enjoy a competitive sport, that's what sports are suppposed to do, unite peolpe, not divide them.
Practice sportsmanship and enjoy competitive sports with people who he likes and loves or at least poeple he does not hate.

it's more like "wow, this tool really went out of his way to be a rude asshole
Being rude asshole in Belgium better than being hateful asshole in Egypt.

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

You don't get to choose "people you like" to play soccer with, or in any sport.

There's no basis for anyone to hate anyone else based solely on what country they're from.

You're effectively lumping millions of people together and treating them as one collective entity, much like others have done here under different circumstances.

You = teh fail.

--------------------

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A stupid, embarrassing and overly emotional act. And I agree, he is just harming Egypt's reputation with this behaviour. If you're not willing to put aside national quarrels etc., you shouldn't join a sports team that will take part in international competitions.
[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I just remind you about the following on-going case:

Egyptian Actor Attacked for Film With Israeli as Saddam Hussein

By Daniel Williams

Oct. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Amr Waked, an Egyptian actor with a lean and hungry face, was thrilled at the idea of playing in a movie about Saddam Hussein.

As he understood the script, it would plot the family ties and intrigues of the Iraqi leader, who was overthrown by the U.S. army in 2003 and executed by hanging last year for mass killings of civilians. The role would be another step in a promising career for the 35-year-old actor, who made an international breakthrough by playing a recruiter of suicide bombers in ``Syriana,'' George Clooney's 2005 film about oil, politics and terrorism.

The made-for-TV Saddam Hussein film is still in production, and Waked is already buffeted by his own private Desert Storm. Because the movie features an Israeli in the role of Saddam Hussein, Waked has been criticized by Egypt's actors union and a few newspapers for ``normalizing'' with Israel, even though Egypt has had diplomatic relations with the country for 28 years.

``I liked the idea of looking at the Iraqis as human beings with human feelings,'' Waked, 35, said in an interview in Cairo. ``If I knew this was how it was going to turn out, I wouldn't have taken the part. I would have been too scared.''

The movie about Hussein, in production just 10 months after his death and four years after falling from power, was always likely to incite controversy. The film is jointly being made by the British Broadcasting Corp. and HBO, inadvertently reflecting the U.S.-British alliance that deposed the former Iraqi leader. Nigal Yaor, the Israeli who plays Hussein, is himself on the verge of stardom after playing a Palestinian in Steven Spielberg's ``Munich.''

Union Investigation

``Amr Waked will be investigated,'' actors union head Ashraf Zaki told reporters on Sept. 12. ``The union opposes normalization with Israel.'' The union, which has so far taken no action against Waked, could ban the actor from working in Egypt.

``I understand their political statement, but this is not an Israeli movie,'' Waked said.

Waked plays Hussein Kamel, the son-in-law of Hussein who defected to Jordan in 1995 and then became disillusioned because the Americans did not make him an opposition leader. Kamel returned to Iraq in 1996 and Hussein arranged for the errant in- law's relatives to kill him. Kamel was once in charge of Iraq's nuclear weapons program. When he defected, he told United Nations investigators he had ended the weapons program in 1991.

``I think this character sought power,'' Waked said. ``I think he saw that Iraq was doomed with Saddam.''

Arab screen actors are in demand. Egyptian-American Omar Metwally played a Palestinian in ``Munich'' and stars in ``Rendition,'' a film about an Arab engineer whisked off an airplane and flown to the Middle East to be tortured for information. Moroccan Ismail Kanater performed in ``Sleeper Cell,'' a Showtime TV production.

`Paradise Now'

Iraqi-American Yasmine Hanani acted in ``Over There,'' an FX Networks series about the Iraq war. Israeli-Arab actor Ashraf Barhoum played in ``Paradise Now,'' about Palestinian suicide bombers, and in ``The Kingdom,'' about an FBI agent who travels to Saudi Arabia to identify perpetrators of a terrorist attack.

Waked began his professional career on stage. Over the past decade he worked in a dozen Egyptian movies, including ``Lili,'' a short film made in 2001 about a Muslim imam preaching in a neighborhood of drug dealers, who is tempted by a local moll.

He is not the first Egyptian actor to run into controversy over taking a part in a foreign production. Omar Sharif, long Egypt's international leading man, was criticized in the Egyptian press for kissing Barbra Streisand in the 1969 musical ``Funny Girl'' because of her support for Israel. The film has never been shown in Egypt.

`It's Politics'

``I don't think this is about being anti-Jewish,'' said Waked. ``It's politics.'' He said he opposes Israel's policies toward the Palestinians.

The actors union also sidelined a proposed showing of the Israeli movie, ``The Band's Visit,'' at next month's Cairo International Film Festival. ``The Band's Visit'' is a comedy about a police orchestra that gets stranded in an Israeli backwater town during a cultural exchange. Palestinians are in the cast. The union threatened to boycott the festival.

``It's out of the question that an Israeli film plays here,'' said Soheir Abdel Kader, the event's vice president.

``The Band's Visit'' played at the Cannes and Munich film festivals and won best-film honors at Israel's Ophir awards last month, the country's Oscar equivalent. The motto of the Cairo festival is ``to advance understanding through the language of art between all the peoples of the world.''

To contact the reporter on this story: Daniel Williams in Cairo at dwilliams41@bloomberg.net .

Last Updated: October 23, 2007 01:37 EDT

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=akCHllXPjxhw&refer=muse

[Confused]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He doesn't have to shake his hand to Fkin play football with him!!
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Leito:
He doesn't have to shake his hand to Fkin play football with him!!

The point here young brotha, is that this cat went out of his way to avoid shaking his hand.

He effectively told all his teammates 'forget you guys, I'm going to display to the general public what a gigantic dildo I am by refusing to shake this Israeli person's hand, yes, that's right, fùck good sportsmanship, manifesting my petty hatred is more important".

That's extremely uncool.

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it shouldn't be required to shake hands in the first place.

It won't help with anything anyway!

Nice point though.

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalOne
Member # 13363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlobalOne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

He has the right to express his feelings just the same right you proclaimed when you called him a little piece of shiit. Most people in Egypt feel that Israeli hands are covered with the blood of innocent people in Palestine and they do not discriminate between Israelis in the same respect that Israelis when they bomb civil locations do not differentiate between Innocent and not.

Though I do not agree with his behaviour since it will not solve any problems but I command and respect him for being truthful to his feelings. He does not need to smile to one's face and shake his hands and there is a negative feeling in his heart towards what He associate this person with.

Posts: 176 | From: Proud to be Egyptian | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
But yeah, if he's not going to conform to the team he should leave!
GlobalOne
Member # 13363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlobalOne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a decision team manager has to take, in my view they see the value in keeping him and they will overlook this *childish* behaviour.
Posts: 176 | From: Proud to be Egyptian | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is coming back to Egypt.

"...His family has already returned to Egypt, where he will follow them next year, possibily in the January transfer window[6]. He has been linked to Egyptian giants Zamalek..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Hassan

seabreeze
Member # 10289

The other problem is that when you choose to play sports and once you become famous (even if somewhat) you become a role model to young children. Like it or not your actions are closely watched and children WILL imitate you, intended or not. This is part of the problem with so many celebrities in the world today, they seem to forget that children are watching.
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
The other problem is that when you choose to play sports and once you become famous (even if somewhat) you become a role model to young children. Like it or not your actions are closely watched and children WILL imitate you, intended or not. This is part of the problem with so many celebrities in the world today, they seem to forget that children are watching.

...and the message that this tool sent was "always hate on israelis every chance you get" - how very positive.

G.O. - I think you missed my point here, the whole team shouldn't have to suffer or look bad because one guy decides to have a hissy-boo fit.

Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
What the hell is that ...............
I am Ahmed Hassan, this people killed one or two of my family, I know one of this squad killed one of my family.
I am playing for living in this team, I can not refuse playing for my living.
At least I am going to avoid shakinghand with them. I do not want to touch these dirty hands.

I am forced to play, but I am not forced to shake hand.
I am not under any obligation to show a feeling which is not true.

I do not like them = I do not like them.

I am not saying I am going to kick or beat them, but I do not want to shake hand, smile at them.

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ?

Rommel
Member # 12971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rommel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi dear friends, with all respect to all opinions ...remember that reputation of Egypt or any other country will not be affected by an action made by one person ..., also if u believe in democracy then u have to respect his choice even if u do not like ... right ?? second isralis never paid attention to what people say about them , they just do whatever they want, no one can control ,un or even usa... so why u ask him to what they never did?? … remember Rachel corrie ……

http://www.ccmep.org/2003_articles/Palestine/031603_statement_on_the_murder_of_rache.htm

http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

--------------------
croconile

Posts: 16 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if we all decided not to shake hands or become friends of members of countries which through history we were at war with there would be 'No international games period!, Olympics, music and film festivals, EUROVISION!!!....well the Eurovision thing might be a blessing! [Big Grin]

So by your reasoning should I then refuse to shake the hand of Tigerlily coz SHE killed both my grandfathers and their brothers not so long ago in France?
Duh!
[Roll Eyes]

Ahmed Hassan 'tosser'

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reserved
Member # 14062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reserved         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GlobalOne:
quote:

Though I do not agree with his behaviour since it will not solve any problems but I command and respect him for being truthful to his feelings. He does not need to smile to one's face and shake his hands and there is a negative feeling in his heart towards what He associate this person with.
I fully agree with his behaviour. I heard of stories in Dahab and neighbouring cities where vendors refused to serve Israelis and kicked them out of their stores *thumbs up*
Posts: 173 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reserved
Member # 14062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reserved         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should do that to Americans too, ****-em all
Posts: 173 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Looks like many here DON'T share you views VB..ha ha I'm glad.

You've got your knickers all in a knot for nothing [Big Grin]

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egy_mada:
I am Ahmed Hassan, this people killed one or two of my family, I know one of this squad killed one of my family.
I am playing for living in this team, I can not refuse playing for my living.
At least I am going to avoid shakinghand with them. I do not want to touch these dirty hands.

I am forced to play, but I am not forced to shake hand.
I am not under any obligation to show a feeling which is not true.

I do not like them = I do not like them.

I am not saying I am going to kick or beat them, but I do not want to shake hand, smile at them.

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ?

The problem is your own football association is spreading out united brotherhood by doing sports without separations, discriminations and making differences.( as they should do IMO)
War cases victims, on both sides. There have been wars through the whole history, does that mean you have to hate all the people because of a nationality? The ones against you are not the ones who were ordered to kill.They could have lost familymembers during that same war, taken by Egyptians.
I live in Europe. History is telling me that we were occupied under Romanian, Spanish, French, and the Germans.Maybe more, but it was between tribes in that days.
Egypt has been losing lifes by tribes, by English, by French, by Israelian and maybe more.
They also took lifes, in that same wars.
That footballplayer is making a wrong statement.
The footballfield is not meant to make political statements. If he hates all israelians, it could be understandable ( but wrong), but he is a professional footballplayer, and he is getting payed by his Belgian club to play in the spirit of sports: together.
BTW, if I was his coach I should kick him out for a while. This is NOT sportive.

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
I am Ahmed Hassan,

LOL and I am the Queen of the Netherlands!!! [Big Grin]

Seriously it might take another generation of Egyptians and Israelis to overcome their difficulties with each other. Remember the last war between Egyptians and Israelis happened to be only 30 years ago so emotional and for some people physical wounds are still kind of fresh. And as it is right now I see hate propaganda from both sides. Although the peace treaty was signed between both countries anger is still existing in the hearts and minds of too many people.

Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey the Amricans didn't take part in Moscow Olympics!
Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It`s absurd.Ever heard of a footballplayer who refused to shake hands because he was German?
American? Iraqi? Japanese?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by reserved:

[Eek!] GULP [Frown]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:
Hey the Amricans didn't take part in Moscow Olympics!

Well the year was 1980 and the Cold War was still on. Four years later the Russians did boycott the Olympic Games in Los Angeles.
Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Egypt has been losing lifes by tribes, by English, by French, by Israelian and maybe more.
------------------------------------------------
The difference between England, France and Israel that our pain is still alive.
Israel is still up to minute killing arabs, Israel has not declared border, it is something like Jelly ready to expand whatever the price.
Israel never show sorrow for the people they killed.

The point why I should shake hand is different for israeli case.
you know that the israeli army is the israeli people(workers, engineer, doctors, football player ...etc.)

the percentage of the people serving in army to the whole population is very high in Israel compared to other countries.

That is why I am expecting every israeli man had a gun once and shoot an arabian.

Their hand is wet by arabian blood.

It is not the case in England or France or any other country who fought egypt before. [Roll Eyes]

reserved
Member # 14062

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:
Originally posted by reserved:

[Eek!] GULP [Frown]
Americans killed and are killing more people than Israel ever did.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
------------------------------------------------
The difference between England, France and Israel that our pain is still alive.
Israel is still up to minute killing arabs, Israel has not declared border, it is something like Jelly ready to expand whatever the price.
Israel never show sorrow for the people they killed.

The point why I should shake hand is different for israeli case.
you know that the israeli army is the israeli people(workers, engineer, doctors, football player ...etc.)

the percentage of the people serving in army to the whole population is very high in Israel compared to other countries.

That is why I am expecting every israeli man had a gun once and shoot an arabian.

Their hand is wet by arabian blood.

It is not the case in England or France or any other country who fought egypt before. [Roll Eyes]

Peace will never be reached if people, and I mean Arabs AND Israelians, won`t change their attitudes against each other. Because you may think you`re right, I think an Isrealy also will be convinced about his own right in this.

In fact it doesn`t matter who is right and who is wrong, who started this, and did that, etc.

The fact is that there is a big problem and that there must come a solution to solve this problem. All who are involved must have at least the intention to solve a problem, instead as getting their rights.

Conflicts are not easy getting solved by people who are wanting their rights, but they are getting solved when both WANT to solve it.
Refusing to shake a hand is only oil on the fire, it does NOT solve ONE THING.

We see a man who wants to get his right, and who is not prepared to co-operate in any way, who is provoking a long lasting conflict against a total stranger.
Above that, it is against all believes about how sports should be, AND you are showing yourself a bad employee against the one who pays your salary, AND a bad member of a team...

I am curious how the teammembers think about this personal act, representing a TEAM.
I really should keep you aside for a long time.
Your personal believes don`t have anything to do with the team you are working for.
Being a professional player also means you got to have a professional attitude and you certainly have NOT.

Anderlecht, the royal club, the club is representing Belgiums capital, will not be pleased if their players are fighting their own personal little wars out of their homeland on a Belgian field, while they just have to do what they are contracted for: play football.

If you refuse to play against Israelians, go back to one the anonymous amateur teams in Cairo.You will never have to shake hands with a Jew again, and you can keep your amateur attitude. [Confused]

GlobalOne
Member # 13363

Rate Member
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/isr11.jpg

http://216.177.7.126/archives/cat_israel.html

seabreeze
Member # 10289

I've seen that Global, there are definitely always two sides to every story. Nobody is innocent in the entire Israel/Palestine issue, everyone has made mistakes and has blood on their hands. The only real losers are the innocents on both sides as well as the basic concept of peace. [Frown]
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta love Arab hypocrisy. [Roll Eyes]

They all hate the Israelis whose "hand is wet by Arabian blood," yet wouldn't bat an eyelid at the MILLIONS that died under Saddam's despotic regime.

~Alistair

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

^^ Have to agree with you there PON, I've always found that a bit hypocritical. [Frown]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
What really happened doesn't have anything to do with this situation. I can place as many propagandistic websites from both sides as much as you want, IT DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM!!!
With an attitude like the Egyptian player has, we will not see any progression.
Ì'd like to tell him this: If you like to improve the world, start by yourself. Go on like you do, will not bring any improvement...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

seabreeze
Member # 10289

????? She just posted a website, nothing more, breathe! [Smile]
I agree improving the world starts with yourself, at home, with raising your own children, but this topic and the problems in that region are far more complex than that one simple idea.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com