EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » November weather

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: November weather
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, people, it's here right now 10:20 a.m. in Germany where I am and the temperature outside is 7°C (about 45°F). It's very cold outside and foggy, no sunshine.

So who wants to be in my place??? [Big Grin]

How cold or warm is it right now where you are?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
32/90
clear sunny skies, slight breeze, low humidity
[Big Grin]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
52 degrees here no humidity and the sunrise is so beautiful, it all shades of pink, nice crisp fall air loving it :)and its 7:19 am
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice post Lilly [Smile] It is gorgeous. I’m wearing socks, shorts, and sweater (chilly indoors)

Outside my balcony @ 1:40 PM it’s 22c / 72F and breezy and at night it’s around 50-55F

Love it [Smile]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
beautiful weather to start cooking some pies ehhhh sob [Wink] ready to bake some?
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
beautiful weather to start cooking some pies ehhhh sob [Wink] ready to bake some?

Me and my big mouth [Smile] Okay you pick a day Saturday or Sunday – I partied last night and I am combating the result with screwdrivers today [Big Grin] … It’s a miracle I made it to class.

Saturday/Sunday good for you?

Damn i got a big mouth!

*praying you are busy saturday & sunday* [Big Grin]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
no i am not busy actually i am off [Big Grin] but if you just need to relax i will understand [Wink]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
no i am not busy actually i am off [Big Grin] but if you just need to relax i will understand [Wink]

No, no, no - I just need to relax today- and tomorrow we’re going out. I’m free Saturday and I have classes on Sunday but I remembered last week(or the week before)that you were busy on Saturdays and free on Sundays and so I wanted to give you that option.

Saturday works real good for me. So you free Saturday?

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
for sure what shall we make?
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Can you give me some options? Although if you have something in mind then we’ll do that.

What do you have in mind? [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
sounds easy enough hope you have a food precessor

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars

* 1/2 cup flour
* 1/4 cup quick oats
* 1/4 cup light brown sugar
* 2 T. finely chopped walnuts or pecans
* 1 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/4 cup melted butter
* 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
* 1/4 cup plus 2 T. milk
* 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 3 T. sugar
* 1/4 tsp. allspice
* 4 oz. cream cheese, regular or light - softened
* 2 T. orange marmalade

Preparation -
In a food processor, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, nuts and half of the cinnamon. Add the melted butter and process until the mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into the bottom of a 9" square baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven. Place on a wire rack. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°.

In a food processor, combine the pumpkin, milk, half of the vanilla, egg, sugar, allspice, salt and the remaining cinnamon. Pour over the crust and bake for at 325° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack. In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, remaining vanilla and the orange marmalade until smooth and spreadable. Spread this mixture evenly over the cooled pumpkin bars.

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Food processor is a blender right?

Pumpkin Puree – I have never used this and if I can’t find it, could I substitute fresh pumpkin – cook it and beat it?

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
yes on both questions [Razz]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 14 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yes on both questions [Razz]

Then we're good to go [Smile]

What time Saturday - Philly time?

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
a blender is not quite like a food processor but will work sorry for the misprint
i am up @ 5 am everyday but we can start 9 am if you want. 3 your time [Smile]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
a blender is not quite like a food processor but will work sorry for the misprint
i am up @ 5 am everyday but we can start 9 am if you want. 3 your time [Smile]

Perfect time - 3PM my time, it is then [Smile]

We'll manage food processor or not - i got a blender and a tool box [Big Grin] that should suffice [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
for sure have a good day and ill catch up with you later time for work [Frown]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TOOT Suite [Smile] :
32/90
clear sunny skies, slight breeze, low humidity
[Big Grin]

Now you just got me really MAD!!!! *stomping couple of times with both feet on the ground* [Mad]

At least the fog is gone for now and the sun came out finally.

I wonder how desertgirl is doing right now in Sharm... she must be sweating her b*tt off!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 12 noon here, temp is 8C/46 F.. so sucks, i am freezing to death. Clear sunny skies.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its 8.33am and its 8C partly sunny tho
Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

I wonder how desertgirl is doing right now in Sharm... she must be sweating her b*tt off!!! [Big Grin] [/QB]

Hey Tigerlily [Smile]

I am back from El Gouna [Smile] . It was perfect weather!! Some 30°C but I can handle some heat... [Wink]
I spent a day in the desert too (desertgirls always go back), it was more than 34°C there but I was driving a quad so there was some wind too.
Now I am back in Belgium [Frown] [Frown] , put away my summerclothes and took my scarf and winterjacket out of the closet.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was out with a friend for a meal yesterday and we actually sat outside! amazing for this time of the year.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's still very warm here in Egypt. Alexandria has been humid and warm, and I heard that Cairo was actually hot, though I haven't checked the temperature. Will find out tomorrow insha'Allah as we're headed back that way.
[Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satanschild
Member # 14268

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for satanschild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s cold here today. Yesterday it was really warm and I spent the day in a T-Shirt. I’m off to Firework display tonight so hopefully it won’t get much colder. I miss the gorgeous weather in Egypt  only another 20 something weeks to wait [Big Grin]
Posts: 39 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
We had a beautiful day here in Germany today. Although it was a little fresh the sun was shining most of the time. Nice weather to take the kids to the playground as they love so much the outdoors.

So far we had hardly rain (toi, toi, toi!!!) and hopefully it will stay like that for the next weeks to come.

Oh and snow for Christmas would be an essential wonderful asset so let's see! [Smile]

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Georgia its 72 deg .... just nice and warm. Evenings are starting to get chilly now.
Time for a trip to Hurghada, I think!!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Going to Egypt
Member # 14394

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Going to Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here, near Cologne in germany, today it's too dark to wake up. Rain, dark cloudes, and its cold, only 7 degrees C ... brrr...

In only two days i take a flight to Cairo, from there I visit friends in Hurghada. So I'm looking for the bus travel from Cairo to HRG and a good accommodation in Hurghada.

Posts: 1 | From: near Cologne / Germany | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Going to Egypt:
Here, near Cologne in germany, today it's too dark to wake up.

Hehe ... just been there a couple of days ago. Glad I escaped the awful grey sky and rainy weather. [Wink]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's currently 38F in SE MI and I'm lovin' it!
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com