EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » It's Our One Year Anniversary!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Our One Year Anniversary!
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One year ago today, I joined ES. [Smile]

And what a long strange trip its been(name that song!). [Razz]

I've laughed, I've cried, I've wanted some of you to eat shiit and die. [Embarrassed]

I've made some good friends, seen the best and worst in people. This day I want to thank you all and EgyptSearch.

This one is for you:

And now, the end is near, and so I face, the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.
I've lived, a life that's full, I've traveled each and every highway.
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention.
I did, what I had to do, and saw it through, without exemption.
I planned, each charted course, each careful step, along the byway,
and more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew,
When I bit off, more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up, and spit it out.
I faced it all, and I stood tall,
and did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried,
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing.
To think, I did all that, and may I say --- not in a shy way,
"Oh no, oh no not me,
I did it my way".

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things, he truly feels,
And not the words, of one who kneels.
The record shows, I took the blows ---
And did it my way!

I did it my way.

Please share your memories of the last year.

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My Way"- Frank Sinatra.

Nice choice, Alchemist. [Smile]

And to answer your first question, "Truckin"-The Grateful Dead. [Wink]

Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*applause*

In the last year I've downloaded many, many movies.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 year ago. almost to the day, I bit the bullet and bought my flat near 6th October City and my 'limiting self belief' that it takes 2 years minimum to make good friends was proved false when 2 people I hardly knew at the time proved to be 2 of the most good-hearted people I have the priviledge to know.

Since then, I got very sick, decided 'life's too short for this' and quit my job, have recently started training for a new career and so far had excellent testimonials from all my clients - albeit they are pro bono while I'm officially in training!

I broke up with my Egy boyfriend (who I met almost exactly 2 years ago to the day!) earlier this year, but we stay in touch because actually we are incredibly fond of each other, even though he is not the right man for me.

My mother recovered from breast cancer and my dad's skin cancer was diagnosed and cured rapidly, and for the first time in many years I was able to be physically affectionate with my parents at the realisation that they will not be here forever.

I have begun to help my family and others realise that women in Egypt don't go round in burqas being subjugated and to crown it all, this week saw a photo of an egyptian girl at a metal gig in Egypt wearing a hijab with skulls on it [Eek!]

I have met some wonderful new people out in 6O and can't wait to spend more time with them.

I have also made a very dear, precious and special friend who my Inner Xena wants to wave her big sword to protect and keep safe. [Big Grin]

my inner me [Smile]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lost one of the most precious things in my life.
I finally left home.
I learned what envy is, and got over it.
I learned how to deal with someone that hurt me.

MY DINGDONG LIKE GREW 18 INCHES OR SO ?! WOOHOO [Wink] .

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ He is such a liar!!
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good God, I've been here that long too?! Almost!
Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Huna:
Good God, I've been here that long too?!

Yours is coming up babe!

How are you doing? [Big Grin]

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marbrook Alchemist! I can't remember when I FIRST joined - at least four years ago....
but in the last year on ES we have seen:

Fights
Flaps
Romances
Break Ups
Predators
Births
Pregnancies

The list goes on, looking forward to another year with you here Ally! [Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mortimer
Member # 12475

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mortimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just had our first anniversary (wedding) [Smile]
Posts: 120 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh crap....now ya did it !
I am gonna be humming that song alllllll damn day now !
grrrrrrrr

and it ain't been a year for me, though it seems like a lifetime - I am just a rookie here.
Have met some great great people from here, and as with most lists, some have made me laugh, some I have wanted to strangle, some have educated me, and some I have stared at the computer, trying to figure out if they have any active brain cells functioning whatsoever.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like a lot of us joined ES in november 2006.
I did too [Smile] [Smile]
Good luck to all of you.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leito:
I finally left home.

[Big Grin] Hahaha, Leito...that made me laugh! Should I call you Pinocchio from now on?
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Huna:
Good God, I've been here that long too?!

Yours is coming up babe!

How are you doing? [Big Grin]

Good! [Big Grin] Homework is kicking my arse, though!! [Eek!]
Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
quote:
I finally left home.

[Big Grin] Hahaha, Leito...that made me laugh! Should I call you Pinocchio from now on?
Not if you want free juice [Smile] .
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

MY DINGDONG

You call THAT a 'dingdong' too?? Because I teached my boys the same word for their you know what..... INTERESTING!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

MY DINGDONG

You call THAT a 'dingdong' too?? Because I teached my boys the same word for their you know what..... INTERESTING!!! [Big Grin]
How loud do you say it [Big Grin] ??
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep your hands off your dingdong!!!! [Mad] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Oh and to come back to the original topic it's the FIRST ANNIVERSARY today for the mysterious woman with the five question marks!

CONGRATS!!!!! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh really?? Ok, congratulations from me too...
(mysterious woman ????? [Wink] [Wink] )

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
I finally left home.

Not if you want free juice [Smile] .
'Juice' comments remind me of tree swinging freaks. [Eek!] Leito, please, scrap the juice jokes. [Smile] The 'dingdong' quip worked well on its own. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when a man / guy / kid talk so much about there privet parts means there is a problem
said by wise guy
me [Big Grin]

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
Seems like a lot of us joined ES in november 2006.
I did too [Smile] [Smile]
Good luck to all of you.

i joined june 2006. wow its been that long? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
[QUOTE]'Juice' comments remind me of tree swinging freaks. [Eek!] Leito, please, scrap the juice jokes. [Smile] The 'dingdong' quip worked well on its own. [Big Grin]

Orange juice ? International fruit juice [Smile] . No tree swinging freaks, mind you.

Sorry, no dingdong available at the moment [Wink] . You can always have a cookie [Smile] .

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joined this board September 2006. [Cool]

*tousles Leito's hair in place*

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Sashyra, you're daydreaming a lot these days [Big Grin] .

That so does not happen!!

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sashyra, you're daydreaming a lot these days [Big Grin] .

That so does not happen!!

Even online moms fix up their online son's hair. [Razz]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
I was talking about my hair being fixed, that is an disillusioning fact!
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everytime I log on to ES and see all the crazy things, I cant help but think about this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4qrBtavjEQ

[Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]'Juice' comments remind me of tree swinging freaks. [Eek!] Leito, please, scrap the juice jokes. [Smile] The 'dingdong' quip worked well on its own. [Big Grin]

Orange juice ? International fruit juice [Smile] . No tree swinging freaks, mind you.

Sorry, no dingdong available at the moment [Wink] . You can always have a cookie [Smile] .

''International fruit juice'' is funny. I like the zany aspects to your humour, Leito. [Big Grin]
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I've laughed, I've cried, I've wanted some of you to eat shiit and die. [Embarrassed]

You are so mad at me, Oh God !!!
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
''International fruit juice'' is funny. I like the zany aspects to your humour, Leito. [Big Grin]

Well, blame the shop owners! Amr and I were out one night and he took us to this place called International fruit juice.

I was laughing all the time but Amr couldn't see what was funny [Big Grin] . I mean, wtf is international fruit ??

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] Amr, international fruit is just plain wrong! Please stop trying to corrupt Leito with your high-flying, continental juice bars. [Razz]
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Korvin's:
quote:

You are so mad at me, Oh God !!!
So, I ceased to exist to you ...

Farewell ...

Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adios Korvie.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

O/

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com