EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cheer Up Oldbag Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheer Up Oldbag Day
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a sad day for Oldbag today, her beloved cats are going to the airport for a week, waiting to be transported there next week when Oldbag leaves this cold, miserable country for pastures new....namely 6th October.

So I think this thread should be used to cheer up Oldbag today especially as I am sure she will miss her babies very much. [Frown]

So anything amusing, jokes, cat stories, moving stories, anthing you think would bring a smile to her face on this sad day. [Big Grin] [Smile]

(Yes I know the cats won't be gone forever but she will still miss them until she sees them next week! [Wink] )

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh thank you Advocate. I am sitting here stressing.
They should have gone between 9 and 11 this morning but we are still here.
We are all stressed. They know something is wrong and keep trying to hide in inaccessible places.
Much as I will miss them, it means I can't get on with my packing because they will hide in the store room.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Old bag - Sorry if I haven't followed you well enough. But may I ask: Why are you moving to Cairo? Any special reason?
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
Hi Old bag - Sorry if I haven't followed you well enough. But may I ask: Why are you moving to Cairo? Any special reason?

Everyone asks me that and I haven't thought of a good answer yet! Love it, want/need to change my life! Want to experience a completely different culture, ...

Still here waiting for the cat people [Frown]
Cat's beginning to 'de-suspiciousize' and coming out of hiding... oh deary deary me...

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just keep an eye on those cats, they may look peaceful, but is that the truth ?

http://www.veryfunnycats.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/funny_cat_pictures_05.jpeg

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is yr husband gonna move to cario with u?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol r u married old bag without telling me

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes indeed - that seems to have totally gone unnoticed by many here!

Where is this mysterious man?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no mystery man for Oldbag, she is simply a confident, independent and adventurous female.....GO OLDBAG!!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I'm cryin' now, the babies have gone off in the van, they were cryin' and howlin' and my arms are covered in deep scratches and I'm drippin' blood [Frown] [Frown]
How could I explain to them what is happening?
I just hope they love Cairo

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, don't worry. They'll be just fine!
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by Leito:
Awww, don't worry. They'll be just fine!

I hope so, I feel so guilty, but they just don't know anyone in the world but me - for more than 11 years and are not friendly. The only thing is that one of my cousin's has agreed that he and his GF will take them if the vet at Heathrow doesn't allow them to fly.

This is definately a day for chocolate to blunt the senses [Frown] I will go to the shop now and indulge.

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
They are going to love Egypt. With all the mice and cockroaches [Razz] .

Hope you enjoy your chocolate.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
I hope so, I feel so guilty, but they just don't know anyone in the world but me - for more than 11 years and are not friendly. The only thing is that one of my cousin's has agreed that he and his GF will take them if the vet at Heathrow doesn't allow them to fly.

I felt guilty too when I took my cat on the plane. He clearly did not like it -- of course, nobody likes to be stuck in a small space not being allowed to get out and not knowing what's going on while being surrounded by strange sounds and smells. I couldn't even get up to go to the bathroom without him raising a fuss and crying and moving around.

But the minute I let him out in my apartment he was his nosy sassy old self and all suffering seemed to be forgotten, he felt at home immediately. So apparently no long-term damage was done to his little cat soul. [Cool]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Ahhh Leito you are soooo sweet!!

Poor you Oldbag, I'm sure everything will be fine with them, try not to worry.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Well I am in the process of anaesthetizing my hurting heart with chocolate.

This is the first time I have been alone in my flat without my kitties - even when 1 had to spend a few nights in the vets - for over 11 years.

I'm lookin' with sadness at their litter tray, remains of their breakfast and the trail of destruction they generally leave about the place [Frown]

7 days from now though, I will be at Heathrow myself and will not be living here anymore - its suddenly getting real!

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Now I miss jacky, blacky, snowbell, scarface, and mikey.

Cats are so nice!

7 days is no time, wanna play a multiplayer game [Razz] ?

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just think how ecstatic your kitties will be to able to lick themselves while lounging in the sun 24/7/365!

Hope you touch down safe & get settelled in ASAP [Smile]

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
Well I am in the process of anaesthetizing my hurting heart with chocolate.

This is the first time I have been alone in my flat without my kitties - even when 1 had to spend a few nights in the vets - for over 11 years.

I'm lookin' with sadness at their litter tray, remains of their breakfast and the trail of destruction they generally leave about the place [Frown]

7 days from now though, I will be at Heathrow myself and will not be living here anymore - its suddenly getting real!

Oh come on, Oldbag, it's not that bad! That's what you wanted, remember? Now get busy with packing, cleaning and everything else.

You know the cats are in great care and everything will be arranged so that they are with you on the same flight.

So throw that box of chocolates away and finish up with everything what still needs to be done.

BTW, I can imagine family and friends must be storming your place and occupy your phone right now to wish you well!

All the best for the few remaining days in England. Soon a completely new chapter in your book of life will open up - an incredibly interesting and adventurous one! [Wink]

Keep us posted.....

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Too late to chuck the choccies away - I'm afraid I just polished off the last one [Big Grin]

Sister and hubby on the way with the lorry to take most of my stuff away tomorrow!

web page

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
So throw that box of chocolates away
She meant, throw that box of chocolates Leito's way [Razz] .
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
funny pic

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

LOL Leito and VB - I love lolcats [Smile]

If ur on facebook there's a group for them [Big Grin]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

OK, this isn't getting the packing done so I shall get off the 'puter now and plan how I'm gonna finish this lot off.
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck Oldbag - I know how you feel about the cats! I've got to give my 2 up early next year, and its gonna break my heart!

It'll be worth it for you though!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leito:
quote:
So throw that box of chocolates away
She meant, throw that box of chocolates Leito's way [Razz] .
And how is Leito`s way?

*runs to hide away from Leito*

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Not throw them the way Leito does, throw them the way Leito takes xD.
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
* throw them TOWARDS Leito (like these ones)

http://www.redbows.co.uk/Images/sweets/belgianChocolates.gif

To Oldbag: Hold on, don't lose courage. You are almost there. Good luck! [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
* throw them TOWARDS Leito (like these ones)

http://www.redbows.co.uk/Images/sweets/belgianChocolates.gif

To Oldbag: Hold on, don't lose courage. You are almost there. Good luck! [Smile]

Ohhhh,those are expensive here,desertgirl.Dont throw those at him!!! [Eek!]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, you are right. He would probably eat them all in 5 minutes and drink a liter of Bepsi [Big Grin] afterwards.
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink] B x
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
yes, you are right. He would probably eat them all in 5 minutes and drink a liter of Bepsi [Big Grin] afterwards.

5 minutes ? Why ? Are they more than a thousand or what ? [Razz]

Where is our lady anyway ? Oldbag come out of your hiding hole or we're gonna throw chocolate at you till you come out!

jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait to meet up with you, oldbag !
and to meet those cutie pie kitties too [Big Grin]

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I'm here people - I had 2 days moving stuff about and spent today with the old folks. My mum's gonna come up on Tuesday to help me with more stuff - she's one of these little powerhouses that can actually work non-stop for hours without needing a little rest every 45 mins.
Saw dad for the last time until February ISA - funny thing is over the past few years I've gone months and months between seeing them - esp. dad - because I was always working. I reckon I'll see more of them now!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com