EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » ur plans 4 christmas and new year

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ur plans 4 christmas and new year
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
????
Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which Christmas? Can you be a little bit more specific? Are you talking about the Coptic or Non-Coptic Christmas? The Santa Claus and Rudolph the red-nose raindeer Christams?

The same hold true for New Year. The Islaamic New Year or the New Year Celebrated on Jan 1st? Or the Chinese New Year?

Or does it really matter which Christmas or New Year?

They all fall on different days and I just want to make sure we are all on the same page.

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it doesnt matter which christmas ,my question is just how woud u spend ur holiday

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by esso7:
it doesnt matter which christmas ,my question is just how woud u spend ur holiday

Well okay.

I don't celebrate Christmas in any form or fashion. So I will treat that day like any other.

Concerning the New Year. It will just be another day as well. There is not religious to be celebrated on the New Year. Out with the old one and in with the new one.

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Somewhere in the sands:
The Santa Claus and Rudolph the red-nose raindeer Christams?

[Big Grin]

We just gonna hang out as a family at home on Christmas and enjoy our company together. I already put out all kind of Christmas decorations, the tree is set up, the children wrote their wish list to Santa Claus (the mailman probably smiled when he found them in the box [Big Grin] ) and I think I'll make rabbit for Christmas Eve dinner.

Now all what I wish for is snow for this special time of the year! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
hehe wish u all a happy christmas

--------------------
islam

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I would like to wish you the same but I know you don't celebrate!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
lol i celebrate in any holiday

--------------------
islam

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'll be in Egypt for both Christmas and New Year. It's great I'm watching the Christmas advertisements on tv, without throwing something! It'll be nice to be away from it all.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xmas has become all about sucking as much cash outta people as possible in a completely mercenary fashion.

Here they sell "Xmas trees" for upwards of 400LE.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:

Here they sell "Xmas trees" for upwards of 400LE.

Artificial ones imported from China???
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably yea, they look like crap too.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be in Egypt going to a church service on Christmas Eve and going to Sinai.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimberley
Member # 5179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimberley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Family get together great food on the 25th...
Then speding amonth in Luxor [Wink]

Lifes wonderful at this moment.

Posts: 206 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katiamisa
Member # 13751

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiamisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year i bought a christmas tree in Egypt,wasnt nice at all,but was far the best i hv found,and it was also 300 Le.Thank God this year im back home,so i can celebrate normally with a real tree and probably with some snow..Ya Rab [Smile]
K

Posts: 46 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
at work [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Micky! [Frown]

I'll be at home with my family and friends. Good food and company - I love Christmas! [Smile]
Merry Christmas all!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kimberley:

Then speding amonth in Luxor [Wink]

get in touch!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com