EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Quiz (just for fun)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quiz (just for fun)
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There have been different questionnaires on this forum, which is nice.
But... I wonder if you know the answers to the following questions (about Europe).

I'll check your answers in the evening cause I have to work all day.
Good luck everyone! [Smile]

1 Which river can be seen from your hotelroom if you are staying at the Hilton Boedapest Hotel?

2 Which European city has got the most bridges?

3 Which sea is situated between Ireland and England and borders to one of the oceans?

4 What's the name of the longest river of Western Europe?

5 In which European city is the biggest company of waste incineration (garbage) in the world situated?

And 3 questions just for fun about the WORLD;

1 Which country has got the most sheep?
2 Which city in Mexico is famous because of its beaches?
3 What's the name of the only country that gets crossed by the equator and the tropic of Capricorn?

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The answers for the world are:

1- China

2- Cancun or maybe Acapulco but my money is on Cancun

3- Brazil

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Danube

2. Hamburg

3. Irish Sea

4. Danube (again)

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the world:
1 maybe I should have added 'in terms of wool production' [Wink]
2 Acapulco = correct
3 Brazil =correct

Bravo!

About Europe:

1 Danube = correct
(Danube is the SECOND longest river of Western Europe, so take another guess for number 4, Newcomer) [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it depends whether you include Russia in western Europe or not [Wink] ...in that case it would be the Volga
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most sheep in either Australia or New Zealand?
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Australia is correct Soozi. [Smile]

Newcomer, Russia is not included in Western Europe (at least not in this question)... so no, it isn't the Volga either. Try again!

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bridges=Venice?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Rhine is the longest river in Western Europe
The Irish Sea is located between Ireland and England.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
yes, Venice is correct! [Smile]

The Rhine is indeed the longest river in Western Europe. [Smile]

About question n° 3: The Celtic Sea borders to one of the oceans.

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_Sea

(see picture)

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
So far:
1 Danube
2 Venice
3 Celtic Sea
4 The Rhine
5 ???

1 Australia
2 Acapulco
3 Brazil

mmm, maybe the quiz was too easy [Wink] [Wink] or maybe you are all very smart. [Wink]

Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5) Paris
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
(Danube is the SECOND longest river of Western Europe, so take another guess for number 4, Newcomer) [Wink]

Hmm, the Danube is 2850 km (1771 miles) and the Rhine is 1,320 kilometres (820 miles). So I guess it depends where western and eastern Europe are.

Also, you may be interested in this: "Far up north in Germany the city of Hamburg lays like an emerald surrounded by hundreds of waters in the middle of Europe. Most people do think that Venice in Italy is the city with the most bridges, but it's not - it's Hamburg! There is water wherever you look at. Small cute canals run like veins inside the city centre." http://www.globosapiens.net/travel-information/Hamburg-755.html

It seems that someone is questioning Venice's long -held claim [Wink]

Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
errrrrrrrr China has most sheep and cows [Razz]

Baaaaaaaaaa
Moooooooooo
Baaaaaaaaaa
Moooooooooo

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
ok Exiled, if you have counted them [Big Grin] I feel obliged to say your answer is correct too.

Newcomer, you are right about the distinction between western and eastern Europe.

And the answer to n°5 = Rotterdam (in the Netherlands).

Thanks for taking part! [Smile] Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
ok Exiled, if you have counted them [Big Grin] I feel obliged to say your answer is correct too.

That's all i wanted to hear [Big Grin]

Thank you [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com