EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Expats in Hurghada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Expats in Hurghada
Austin Powers
Member # 14590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Austin Powers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am moving to Hurghada at the end of January after spending 15 years in Eastern Europe and am wondering which are the biggest groups of expats there at the moment.

I'm guessing that Russians are the biggest group, am I right? I read on a Russian site that there are 'several thousand' Russians in Hurghada.

What other big groups of expats are there? Polish? German? Dutch? Any idea as to numbers?

Posts: 39 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garfield
Member # 10258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for garfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only 4 Americans in Hurghada and 1 in El Gouna that I know of. Yes many Russians here.
Posts: 91 | From: Egypt/Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure you will be able to receive more info from there!

Topic: Russian Community Center
NotSleeplessInCairo

Member # 8452

posted 13 February, 2007 07:03 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Russian Community Center of Hurghada offers the following services:

Medical service: " The school for Future Mothers"- every Monday 12.00-14.00

General check up program for children and mothers – every Wednesday 12.00-15.00. Free consultations – every last Wednesday 12.00-15.00

Educational service:

* For children: Play room for children from 2 years old – every day from 14.00– 20.00, Classes for children from 4 years old and up, Russian Language, Sport, Art and Craft.
* Classes for adults: Arabic language for beginners, Russian language for beginners, English language for beginners.
* Cultural events: Public library- Sundays 11.30-14.00, Wednesdays 18.00-20.00, Parties for children, fairs, entertainment programs – every Saturday 13.00-16.00, Exhibitions, festivals, seminars.
* Legal service: Consultations of Egyptian lawyer - Thursdays 17.00-22.00, Consultations of Russian Lawyer - Tuesdays 11.00-14.00.
* Translation service: Translation of official documents from Arabic to Russian, English, German, French, translations into Arabic – every Monday 12.00- 14.00.

Consultations about work of Consular Department of the Embassy of Russian Federation in ARE every Tuesday 11.00-14.00.You are welcome in our office: Hurghada, Tourist center, villa 9036.
For more information contact Fatima Bazieva 0127676219 or Elena Chernikova 0109844241

(From spotreadsea.com)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 729 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005 | IP: Logged |

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redseaschool1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your guess is correct, the largest group of expats are Russians, followed by Germans, then other Eastern Europeans.

In El Gouna, the largest group of expats are British. I think this will also be the case when Sahl Hashish is complete, as I hear many British citizens are investing in that project as well.

Garfield is correct in that you can count the number of Americans on your hand. [Smile]

Posts: 86 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Austin Powers
Member # 14590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Austin Powers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information.

Tigerlily, is the Russian Community Centre you mentioned the same as the one at http://www.russianhouse-hrg.narod.ru/ ?

Redseaschool - yes, Sahl Hasheesh is showing all of he signs of becoming a British ghetto. The reason I'm moving there is to try and help get it to that stage as quickly as possible!

--------------------
htp://www.egypt-real.com

Posts: 39 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:

Tigerlily, is the Russian Community Centre you mentioned the same as the one at http://www.russianhouse-hrg.narod.ru/ ?

Yes, I believe it's the same although a different villa no. is stated on the link you provided. Maybe they moved buildings, just contact them to confirm their correct location.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com