EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Internet in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Internet in Cairo
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the options available for getting the internet in your flat in Cairo? Does anyone know price ranges? Is it like one company or a bunch of them that offer it?
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, you can do straight dial up from your phone line for free, but if ya go over the allowed regular phone usage amount, you are charged extra.

then there are companies like Link DSL, and TE Data, and I believe the phone company has a DSL service too.
the cheapest is 45 LE and on up from there, depending on usage, and speed.
They all have websites you can check out.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! My husband was looking into a few of the service providers but I wanted to know what is out there too. Unfortunately he didn't realize that you need a landline in order to have the internet and since that would take a long time for him to get that's now out of the picture. Oh well. [Frown]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GM44
Member # 13971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GM44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe you can share a internet connection with neighbors.
Posts: 264 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a bad neighbour and won't share [Razz]
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for I heart Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doodlebug-

It seems apparent that the reason you keep prodding for prices for things in Egypt is because your awesome husband is asking you to pay for them and clearly you don't trust him when he tells you how much money he will need. That sounds like a pretty shitty deal for you, however for him he's in heaven. You're probably supporting him and sending money on a regular basis. You probably even paid for his sheep for Eid. He's one smart guy to whine to you cause you're so desperate that you'll send as much money as needed to keep him happy. Way to be.

Posts: 39 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by I heart Egypt:
Doodlebug-

It seems apparent that the reason you keep prodding for prices for things in Egypt is because your awesome husband is asking you to pay for them and clearly you don't trust him when he tells you how much money he will need. That sounds like a pretty shitty deal for you, however for him he's in heaven. You're probably supporting him and sending money on a regular basis. You probably even paid for his sheep for Eid. He's one smart guy to whine to you cause you're so desperate that you'll send as much money as needed to keep him happy. Way to be.

I like you already [Cool] too bad she will be another greencard marriage gone bad
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

may God forgive you.
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doodlebug: if you are renting a furnished flat then you might get one with a phone line ,, and you will need the approval of the landlord to have membership for DSL .. but you would not ned him for dialup.. if you have your own flat or renting a flat without phone line then getting phonelines in Cairo is very quick and I think you can have speed connection for some extra money .
Jean bean .. dial up is not free .. as you have to pay to the phone company ( not sure about the exact cost ).. but you do not have to pay to the ISP.

Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good!!!
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for I heart Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bokragirl:
quote:
Originally posted by I heart Egypt:
Doodlebug-

I like you already [Cool] too bad she will be another greencard marriage gone bad
Of course it's a greencard marriage. What else would it be? Love? Well, luckily for her husband she thinks he's in love with her. I guess that's what keeps her sending him money all the time. Doodlebug is paying a man to pretend to love her. I would bet anything that he'll leave her pretty soon, as long as he can wait to get so America. If she doesn't realize that he is using her by now, then no one can help her and she'll just have to find out herself.
Posts: 39 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
may God forgive you.

Forgive me for what? Telling you the truth? May God protect you from your dope smoking con for a husband. Doods, if you were my best friend, which you are not I would want to warn you of what Usama is doing. You are a smart chick and all the signs are smacking you right between the eyes. If my husband had done a fraction of what yours is doing he would not be my husband now. Please think about your girls in this matter. you don't want them growing up holding a grudge on you.
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

You know absolutely nothing about me or my husband and I would appreciate it if you and your buddy would stop attacking me on this forum. I realize that this gives you some sort of satisfaction but I am asking politely now to please stop these slanderous remarks.

Please if there is a mod here please remove the posts of these two who have only signed on to slander both me and my husband for whatever reason.

Again, my God forgive you for what you are doing here.

bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
yeah right, you have only advertised everything about the both of you here as well as on other forums. not attacking, only stating the obvious
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
Doodlebug- seriously, I do know about you and your husband. It's really sad. I don't know how to get you to see the light. There are so many signs from your husband that he is using you- seriously think about it, please. I hate to see anyone get hurt but your husband's intentions are SO OBVIOUS that it's hard to watch anymore. You can stop the process now you don't have to move on with him. It isn't worth it I can promise you that. You are making such a huge mistake that is going to ruin your life and your kids lives if you carry on with this. It's not too late to cancel your petition- please consider it. This is a very sincere request and I hope you think things over.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com