EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » The price of love?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The price of love?
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Why are you raising your eyebrows in surprise?” asked Mahbub. “The taxi I am working on was gifted to my brother by his French wife. She is 10 years older than my brother Alam who is 19.
“She goes back to her country for six weeks and comes here for a fresh honeymoon before she leaves again...She’s also got us a boat that we operate between the east and west banks,” said Mahbub.

“There is no future here other than tying the knot with a blonde woman,” stressed Mahbub. “My diploma in agriculture is useless and I can’t keep driving a vehicle owned by my brother. You know the way out so why wait? One is already falling for me but I won’t give her the time of day until I am sure she’s ready to meet all my requirements.”

ROFLMAO [Big Grin]

Khawagaat reshape Luxor

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huge age difference is a definite alarm. Luckily I have a man who is 4 years older than me, of same nationality and same religion as well. We also have same educational level and economical background. [Smile]
Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this demonstrate how stupid the woman is or that the man is a Gigolo who sells himself to the highest bidder?
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are 2 different evaluations on this:

- from western perspective, and
- from egyptian perspective

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Habeeby:
Does this demonstrate how stupid the woman is or that the man is a Gigolo who sells himself to the highest bidder?

Women that buy themselves a man, know exactly what they are doing.

They buy themselves a man/men.

Whether in Egypt, in Brazil, In Barbados or anywhere, many older women enjoy shopping for local 'boys'.

If you travel a bit around the world, you will surely notice the older women tourists, with local boys/gigolos.

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote:
There are 2 different evaluations on this:

- from western perspective, and
- from egyptian perspective

From either perspective it is not a pretty sight...

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Age difference is most commonly but not always a factor. My husband has an uncle who married an Italian woman 25 years ago. She is 17 years older than he is. They never had children, he never married another and he is happily still with her and they have always lived in her town back in Italy. It does happen but God knows that is not the norm.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait for Sono to appear on this thread!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

We could give opinions based on what people in general approve and dissaprove according to our cultures but so many times people have stigmas about so many things, so our observations are rarely valid.

I often notice how people react so angry to different stories because people are conditioned to have such standing.

For instance if the guy tells the story about wife he left because he all along made wrong choice and actually has been in love with someone else, many ladies who identify with 'wife' will jump on him and get angry at him, "as if" he left them!

( and perhaps experience some pain as well just through identification with 'her' )

This doesn't help anyone, what helps us to grow is to understand why such relationship ( younger Egyptian man + older western woman ) took place, what led 2 people to this, how it happened, and what it's like to be in such relationship.

Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it applicable for half Egyptian-half Iraqi man with Southern Asian woman?

Age doesn't matter for some people as long as they have maturity, good mind and soul.

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Culture Club:

Age doesn't matter for some people as long as they have maturity, good mind and soul.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=004148;p=1#000000

What I mean here by "Examination" is that near the time for marriage seem such obstacle come out.

Is it an examination for strengthen our love to each other?

Possibly you should go back to your love interest and ask exactly how this examination will be performed.

Just ask him.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Are you having that much of an age difference? I doubt it.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lapislazuli14
Member # 14313

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lapislazuli14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find these stories quite disturbing and potentially disruptive to happy relationships (as things may begin to be questioned that never would otherwise have been). I actually happen to be 25, blonde and Western, and my fiance is 20, Egyptian, (living here but raised in the West). After having relationships with Western older men in the past, I truly have never been happier than now. He is the first guy that I am certain I want to spend the rest of my life with, and he genuinely feels the same way. And I'm not basing this on his words, but on the small yet significant things he does on a daily basis. Despite the fact that it is long distance, we are both doing everything we can to be together when we both complete our respective educations. It is a very equally loving, respectful and absolutley amazing relationship where both people contribute in every way. Anyway, I just wanted to side with the Western women out there who also believe that their relationship with an Egyptian man really is *different* <3<3 It can happen despite vast age, cultural and religious differences, and it can very much be a fairy tale come true [Smile]
Posts: 9 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lovingmylife:
Luckily I have a man who is 4 years older than me, of same nationality and same religion as well. We also have same educational level and economical background. [Smile]

What have you got to do with this? I find you are quite irrelvant to the topic. Like really, for the love f God, who wants t know the maths n economics of yr relationship if it has nothing to do with the topic!!!
Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
quote:
Luckily I have a man who is 4 years older than me, of same nationality and same religion as well. We also have same educational level and economical background. [Smile]

What have you got to do with this? I find you are quite irrelvant to the topic. Like really, for the love f God, who wants t know the maths n economics of yr relationship if it has nothing to do with the topic!!!
I like to talk about him because I am in love with him. [Razz] And when I talk about him I feel happy.

I am not old and wrinkled. [Big Grin] I am l o v i n g my life.

lovingmylife
Member # 13695

quote:

It doesn't matter to us individually when it comes to our own age, but it would matter for example to someone who is in early teens like 15-16 and the guy is 35.

Or a woman is in her 20's and the man is in his late 50's?

What these two people have in common? Not much.

Based on this - such relationships are unusual, therefore people are often curious to know what these two people brought together?

Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

It doesn't matter to us individually when it comes to our own age, but it would matter for example to someone who is in early teens like 15-16 and the guy is 35.

Or a woman is in her 20's and the man is in his late 50's?

What these two people have in common? Not much.

Based on this - such relationships are unusual, therefore people are often curious to know what these two people brought together?

Lust and Greed [Wink]
Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com