EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » New in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New in Cairo
chantlove
Member # 14871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chantlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read several threads in this forum and found Oldbag's posts are particularly helpful. My husband and i are just moving into the city last week. We havent got a place to live yet and at the moment in Zamalek area. I am looking to make new friends, any ladies out there?
Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OLdbag is the best ...
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oldbag is in the UK for 2 weeks more but she might pop in here if you want to ask her anything.

We have a group in 6th October but everyone is welcome to join us. Jean Bean (here) started it.

We have quite a circle now of ES'rs both in 6th elsewhere.
Contact Jean for the next coffee meet up, but will most likely be in 2 weeks time......

Welcome and as Korv say's.
If you want to know anything about Cairo ask the 'bag', she is very very helpful and friendly.

[Wink]

One day Korv will surprise us and turn up too eh

[Cool]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 weeks???????
do we gotta wait that long???

been in the mood for some good ole fashioned girl talk aka blabbing nonstop [Razz]

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would like to meet you guys as well as i will be living in cairo from end of march.
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where abouts will you guys be living?
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jean_bean in maadi
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doha you already met with B so next time she can bring you along to coffe with the rest of us at Cilantro or our houses.

Jean you know you can come here anyday of the week for some home made basboosa [Big Grin]
I just said 2 weeks coz B will be back then and hopefully S will have arrived and Satan will also be joining us [Big Grin]
Fancy a walk along the golf course? if you do we are going each day. Takes around 2 hours and is a beautiful walk with lovely scenery, fountains, open stretches of green.
We are setting off in an hour so if you want to come call on the mobile and we will meet you over at the Dreamland entrance and take you there.

[Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
well count me in on that meeting. offering my house if ya like - or anywhere is good with me..lol. I am easy...
and thanks for the Dreamland offer,but hubby has to go to doc soon, and I am trying to catch up on sleep. I woke up at 4 am today. Dunno why...eyes just popped open. [Wink]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

thanks folks for the votes of confidence

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
hey i cant wait to see ya again b!!!! lots of love
chantlove
Member # 14871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chantlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, welcome back Oldbag, i havent been around much lately (busy hunting house) - we finally signed contract and will move in on March 6th, to a place called Sheikh Zayed City very near Hyper One. I'm looking forward to join your get together - i guess 6th oct is ideal for me. I'd keep an eye on Jean Bean's post. Thanks all x
Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
well cool !
hi new neighbor.
Sheikh Zayed is really nice and pretty convenient.
Let me know when you are settled in, and then PM me and we can plan some kind of a coffee meeting up.

anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all you girls, Oldbag, jean bean and more who live in cairo and are good friends, how old are you?

Can somebody reveal that? I read about you girls and I have no idea about your age, appearance or anything. So how about it?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

we dont bother about ages so everyone is welcome.

We meet for coffee in Cilantro once in a while but meet often in each other homes as we are friends not just neighbours.
Cilantro is just to check out members and meet them initially or for meeting those further afield.
For instance Oldbag is here at my house most days and early into the morning a lot too gabbing [Big Grin]

See Jean often at her place and spent the day yesterday with her. Vanilla, and the others we just hook up whenever.
Male and female, old and young, ugly and beautiful, all are welcome except 'nutters' [Big Grin]

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this "nutter" was invited [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
Well this "nutter" was invited [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

True True
Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

hey you 2 [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

little bird told me we may be close to a little soiree........... [Wink]

shhhhhh..........

dont mention to Vader but we can tell him it is fancy dress!

maybe a Louis the XVIth theme or something grand but mums the word..........shhhhhhhhhh [Razz]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something tells me I need new clothes. [Confused] lol
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by harankash:
hey you 2 [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

little bird told me we may be close to a little soiree........... [Wink]

shhhhhh..........

dont mention to Vader but we can tell him it is fancy dress!

maybe a Louis the XVIth theme or something grand but mums the word..........shhhhhhhhhh [Razz]

the one who have flu i know that bird
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
well, Advocate...you are a special kind of a nutter !
I am just the plain old garden variety kind of one. [Big Grin]

Member # 14248

so have you all RSVP'd?

for the vernal equinox Beeza and Bips?

Vader it IS fancy dress

Theme apparently is Naked Pagan??? whatever that means so you dont have to splash out on a new outfit [Wink]

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amr I thought I behaved quite civilised for a "nutter" actually!, well except for the headbanging hey B?! [Wink]

Maybe being a Welsh "nutter" makes me a harmless one jean_bean?? [Big Grin]

Theme apparently is Naked Pagan??? whatever that means so you dont have to splash out on a new outfit

The Emperor's New Clothes spring to mind!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Amr I thought I behaved quite civilised for a "nutter" actually!, well except for the headbanging hey B?! [Wink]

Theme apparently is Naked Pagan??? whatever that means so you dont have to splash out on a new outfit

heh heh, that was fun wasn't it Advocate - doing that 'Waynes World' headbanging to - blimey its gone again - scaramouche thingy by queen. Oh yes, Bohemian Rhapsody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTheG--2NE0

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
heh heh, that was fun wasn't it Advocate - doing that 'Waynes World' headbanging to - blimey its gone again - scaramouche thingy by queen. Oh yes, Bohemian Rhapsody

....do you think the memory lapse has anything to do with the headbanging?!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:

....somehow I don't think my hair was quite long enough to do the song justice [Big Grin]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was too stuck up. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
quote:

[Big Grin] My husband loves this song! [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
It was too stuck up.

Vader I think you had plenty of reason to be jealous of my lovely locks at the time if my memory serves me correctly! [Big Grin]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Hair that you can't bang with is useless. [Razz]

Like mine, hehehe.

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
But I tried I tried!! [Smile]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Aww, it's okay I forgive you. [Razz]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com