EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Amusing misunderstanding :D

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amusing misunderstanding :D
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 10 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put on my FB status that my nose is "like a shining red beacon lighting our darkness" (because of my manflu you see).
One of my Egyptian friends (not an ESer!) has just messaged me to say 'well beacon is tasty'.

ROFL.

So anyway, I have written back to explain the difference [Big Grin]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beacon & eggs?

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
Beacon & eggs?

That will be colourful [Wink]
Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
microwave streaky beacon [Eek!]
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could wear it across your nose like one of those breatheasy strips OB! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhhh nothing like a tasty beacon of truth! [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
You could wear it across your nose like one of those breatheasy strips OB! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Right now it would dramatically improve my appearance [Big Grin]

I'm gutted that I'm gonna meet some people from here for the first time tomorrow night looking like The Elephant Man.

Anyone got a paper bag to spare?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chantlove
Member # 14871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chantlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI OB, hope you're feeling better. We're no longer at the Marriot, finally got ourselves moved into the house few days back. Now in the midst of major cleaning up, what with the consignment arriving this Saturday - guess i pass this time, although i would love to meet you [Smile] even with your "beacon" nose. Havent got internet connection yet, this one just a quick one from hubby's pc at work. Must dash now. Have a fab one tomorrow.
Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chantlove

some of our crowd (maybe) will be meeting at Cilantro next week so don't worry we will let you know if we arrange something [Smile]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we are meeting up?
and you didn't invite little ole me?????
boo hooooooo
pouting

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
we are meeting up?
boo hooooooo
pouting

celintro ? Haranksh ?
Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
we are meeting up?
boo hooooooo
pouting

News to me too!
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
quote:

I'm gutted that I'm gonna meet some people from here for the first time tomorrow night looking like The Elephant Man.

OldBeacon, you need a '300' style Gladiator mask, that way you can walk up to people and yell SPARTAAA!!
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
quote:

OldBeacon, you need a '300' style Gladiator mask, that way you can walk up to people and yell SPARTAAA!!
Well as long as noone expects me to wear the rest of a '300' style costume....
Cairo not ready for that I can tell you [Wink]

By the way OldBeacon is not going to the party tonight after all - feeling very unwell [Frown]

DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
get well soon!
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hope you feel better soon Oldbag!

Talking about misunderstandings. When i first left Egypt years ago, leaving my hubby behind [Frown] he would write loads of letters. He would always start them Dear sweat! i never told him for a while because i thought it was kinda cute (sad i know [Big Grin] )

Just thought, hope it was a misunderstanding [Big Grin] and didn't mean it [Big Grin]

Take care and get well OB!!!

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol!

when I was with a non-brit, many moons ago, his letters would start "Dear Angle"!

once, for his birthday, my mother sent a couple of shirts, he tried to write a thank you note, it went like this:
'thank you for the shits you sent me'!!

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev08:
lol!

when I was with a non-brit, many moons ago, his letters would start "Dear Angle"!

once, for his birthday, my mother sent a couple of shirts, he tried to write a thank you note, it went like this:
'thank you for the shits you sent me'!!

Angle, who does that remind me of. [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

LOL, thanks for the shits, they're wonderful. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com