EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Addiction (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Addiction
Abracadabra
Member # 15031

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abracadabra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Don't even get me started on getting addicted to pain pills...you break a leg, get a bad back, have a surgery and you start the pills and get totally hooked on them. It's said to be one of the worst addictions to break (pills) because you also get so psychologically depedant upon them.

Most pain killer pills are Opiates which is another form of laboratory created heroin and it has same withdrawal effects of Herion although at a lesser degree of pain.
Posts: 19 | From: Khartoum City | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
SLM no matter how much you try Dalia and I wont be sending you admiring pms and its YOU thats following US here as we were replying to this poster before you decided to waste so much time telling us you dont believe it. So, if you dont believe it and we are not falling into your admiring pm club, why dont you go find something useful to do instead of bugging us?

SLM is the guy who said that the streets of Cairo do not have rubbish on them a few weeks back [Big Grin]

I would take what he says with a LARGE pinch of salt.

SLM if you are interested I can post you some pics of Cairo sidewalks from 2008. [Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by harankash:
SLM if you are interested I can post you some pics of Cairo sidewalks from 2008. [Wink]

Fifty quid says he'll cry "zionist conspiracy" lol
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh this is so my area...
my cuz was addicted to heroin real bad.
ya wana know what i did to him?
i emptied out a room and boarded up the windows after nailing them shut and locked him in that room for 2 weeks.
i forced him to use a bucket to go to the bathroom in,
i would bring his meals and if he tried to sneak away, i would literally clock him in the back of the head with my shoe...
but most of the time he was too weak from withdrawal to try.
they wanted to give him meds to ease it but i wouldnt allow it. instead i would slide h im a joint once in a while and it did the trick.
i told him, 'hay sammy, you wanna act like a dirty animal out there on the street? you gonna get treated like one here until you learn to get off that ****'.
of course i had his mom, who is an RN come and check his stats and all each day, but he was fine. withdrawal wont kill you...it just hurts a lot.

2 weeks later, i let him out and he was so beat lookini but you know what, me kickin his azz like that cleaned him up.
rehabs and mommies are too nice...you have to treat them worse than they get it on the street.
its called tough love.

and lets be real people...prayer dont work for it.
you can sit with that whiney dawg amr khaled and it wil probably do more harm than good. in fact i dont think its safe for anyone crashin on heroin to watch amr khaled...hes a freak and it might set them off.

i suggest you start smoking lots of weed.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How are you doing now Abracadabra? Any better?
Have you made any positive steps to figure out how you will try to get clean?

I know it is very, very hard but if you want it bad enough you can do it.
Hang in there and let us know how you're doing.
All the best to you..

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss jolie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i worked in london as a drugs coucelor,until he manage his life for us is not an addict,for us you have to addmitt you have a probleme ,and you can manage ur life addiction on eroin is incrase by body tolreance so you need to use more to buse and use to feel no pain and normal for me 7g i saw it before
Posts: 122 | From: hurgada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss jolie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i worked in London as a drugs coucelor,until he manage his life for us is not an addict,for us you have to admit you have a problem ,and you can manage Ur life addiction on heroin is increase by body tolerance so you need to use more to feel the bze and use moderate dose no pain and feel normal for me 7g i saw it before,more than 7g if he manage is life ,controle paid bills put foods in table
Posts: 122 | From: hurgada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by miss jolie:
i worked in London as a drugs coucelor,until he manage his life for us is not an addict us you have to admit you have a problem ,and you can manage Ur life addiction on heroin is increase by body tolerance so you need to use more to buses and use to feel no pain and normal for me 7g i saw it before

miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
no rock bottom yet , when you feel it you will look for treatment rock bottom can be no more money to buy our dose so you will go to crime or prostitution and the end its always the same jail institution dead. try to go to detox or if you want to do at home the physique pain its only 3days,after its the craving feeling empty will forget about the bad thing when using only good memories to quit its easy the hard part its to stay clean
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
body tolerance you need 7g to feel normale and more to get hight
when someone with small amount can died

Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeaceAtLast:
i emptied out a room and boarded up the windows after nailing them shut and locked him in that room for 2 weeks.
i would bring his meals and if he tried to sneak away, i would literally clock him in the back of the head with my shoe...
[/QB]

This sounds like a scene from 'Trainspotting'.
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was some movie Lumos.
Good sound track

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, YR.. some interesting Edinburgh scenes too. I remember the 'locking up in the room' scenes best.
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brilliant topic.

Fabricated though.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LD5sahXoj0U

[Big Grin]

Sorry, couldn't help it. I just love that corpse!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abracadabra
Member # 15031

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abracadabra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Down to three grams daily, and will cut down to two grams this week.

I have no other alternative but to clean myself as soon as possible. or else, I should have the courage to end this lousy depressing life with my hand. I'm only worried that I'm too coward to commit suicide.

Cutting my daily dose by more than half is not a big achievement when I still do three grams a day.

Quarter a gram is like 10 grams, no big difference, same addiction problems and complete dependence on the smack. Really the worst thing to happen to anyone. You do not wish it to your worst enemy. Self destruction obsession or say a killer curse.

Posts: 19 | From: Khartoum City | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
^^ ehe ehe ehe. Heeee.

I'd say someone is talking out of her Tooz! LOL

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.narconon-egypt.com/indexe.asp

Just saw this advertised on Facebook

Narconon Egypt is a drug rehab that is dedicated to eliminate drug abuse and drug addiction through drug prevention, education and rehabilitation.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pothead_Barbie
Member # 15091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pothead_Barbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumos:
quote:
Originally posted by PeaceAtLast:

This sounds like a scene from 'Trainspotting'. [/QB]
sorry to bust ur bubble but i never saw the movie....in fact, i dont even watch movies because i go crazy if i have to sit on my ass for more than an hour.
Posts: 460 | From: philly | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stellathomas
Member # 16020

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stellathomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drug addiction treatment can include behavioral therapy (such as counseling, cognitive therapy, or psychotherapy), medications, or their combination. Behavioral therapies offer people strategies for coping with their drug cravings, teach them ways to avoid drugs and prevent relapse, and help them deal with relapse if it occurs.
--------------------
Stellathomas

Addiction Treatment

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam2008
Member # 16036

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam2008     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Addiction is generally associated with increased drug tolerance. In physiological terms, addiction is not necessarily associated with substance abuse since this form of addiction can result from using medication as prescribed by a doctor.
=========================================
Sam
Drug Rehab

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
williamgeorge
Member # 16508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for williamgeorge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drug addiction is a treatable disorder. Through treatment that is tailored to individual needs, patients can learn to control their condition and live normal, productive lives. Like people with diabetes or heart disease, people in treatment for drug addiction learn behavioral changes and often take medications as part of their treatment regimen.
----------
george
Substance Abuse Center

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love opiates... can't wait to go to the UK to stock up on my Codeine [Big Grin]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's digging up ancient threads??
nothing exciting enough happening in today's threads???

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kings2301
Member # 16520

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kings2301     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alcohol is a Drug... Alcohol is a depressant, which slows down thinking and actions. It acts on the brain and affects all parts of the body. An average-size person's liver can break down about one drink per hour; the rest of the alcohol circulates throughout the body, affecting behavior, judgment, perception, and motor skills - such as driving and operating machinery.
==================
kings
Drug Treatment Centers

Posts: 1 | From: dgh | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NARCONON: A NEW LIFE FOR DRUG ADDICTS

Narconon drug rehabilitation and drug education is a secular social betterment program with highly effective results. It is a separate and autonomous charitable program that is independent of the churches of Scientology. It is supported by Scientologists around the world who volunteer their time and talents. The Narconon program is open to people of all races and creeds....

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamasue:
Who's digging up ancient threads??
nothing exciting enough happening in today's threads???

NOOOOOOOOOOO [Roll Eyes] to boring here, mamasue i have to agree with you [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abracadabra
Member # 15031

Rate Member
Good day members,

Im just out of my detox period and this is the 6th day for me since the last heroin shot.

What happened to me during the past few months is that after going down to 3 grams a day, I shot rocketed to 10 grams a day.

.... 10 Grams of shitty stuff as the dealers started cheating in the mixture of the heroin in the market, meaning the percent of the pure heroin is less and less over time instead of 50-50, they now do it like 20-80.

The problem here is that you will have to provide extra money to cover the bad habit.

10 grams per day costs at best 1700 to 2000 pounds daily .. a simple basic need i have to take care of first before even thinking of food.

I'm feeling I'm being reborn again with a new life if I will be able to keep up,
But I did one very big step for such along time addict who can hardly think of any days lived without being intoxicated at least with Hashish, is that i Capsulated myself with a Revia Capsule, which was implanted under my skin and will make any use of opiates during the coming 3 months useless, without any effect and therefore, im now unable to go back to heroin or opium for at least the coming three months.

Inshallah I will never get back to that ****.
It is the wooorst and hardest experience in all my life.

I would like to thank all those who gave me encouraging comments and offered help and support through emails and private messages as well as people who also misjudged me or thought im making up this thing...

Now among you few who do know me in reality and they know all what i said here is absolutely true.

Thank you again and again.
Especially for Tina Kamal is Aien Harra

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alf Mabruk to you!!

Just one little note I have to make on your post:

"I'm feeling I'm being reborn again with a new life if I will be able to keep up,"

get rid of that negative IF, you no longer need it, change your whole thought process to WILL and leave off the IF.

You can do it, you DID do it, you WILL stay clean. Again Alf Mabruk. InshaAllah life will be enough for you in the future.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abracadabra
Member # 15031

Rate Member
Thanks Ayisha,

Wish me well because im still under the withdrawal effects, however, improving day after another. Bur still painful and also the cravings for the Sh*t is now at the highest level.

I pray I can be able to go work on Sunday,

Thanks again Ayisha you are so sweet to encourage me.

Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Abracadabra:

however, improving day after another. [/QB

Sweetie good for you ! One day at a time eh? i will say a prayer for you at church today [Smile]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abracadabra
Member # 15031

Rate Member
Kalila

Thanks, this is so sweet of you.

I have a feeling you are someone I knew before for long years.

If your real name starts with Y or J, then I guess I know you.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abracadabra:

Now among you few who do know me in reality and they know all what i said here is absolutely true.

Indeed.
Alf Mabrouk and you know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abracadabra:
Kalila

Thanks, this is so sweet of you.

I have a feeling you are someone I knew before for long years.

If your real name starts with Y or J, then I guess I know you.

No sweetie it doesn't and you don't [Smile]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abracadabra, I want to encourage you to stay clean after the three months period. I will remember you in my prayers as well. I was going to tell you about a close friend of mine who had the same problem but I am not sure if it will be an encouragement or not.

Peace be with you. [Smile]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just need to know who is supplying the food for tomorrow, ya gotta celebrate the full week clean [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abracadabra
Member # 15031

Rate Member
I'll supply all food and drinks in an ET Party at a feluka all inclusive invitation in the coming couple of weeks celebrating my cleaned soul.
Abracadabra
Member # 15031

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
Abracadabra, I want to encourage you to stay clean after the three months period. I will remember you in my prayers as well. I was going to tell you about a close friend of mine who had the same problem but I am not sure if it will be an encouragement or not.

Peace be with you. [Smile]

Please tell the story, for it might be encouraging for others in the problem as well as myself.
of_gold
Member # 13418

Well,I was married, and Jack and Kim were our best couple friends. We did everything with them. We each has a son and daughter about the same age so it was a good situation. This was actually the best time of my marriage. Personally, I think the four of us together had a good marriage.

Jack was a recovered alcoholic. Very successful and very likable. At first I didn't want to drink in front of him but his wife always did and said that he has to be around it with his job and all so he has to be use to it. Eventually when we went out the three of us would drink and Jack would drive.

A couple of years went by and all was well. Then one night we were at a comedy club and Jack ordered a beer. I said "no Jack". He looked at me and said, "it will be ok, I just want to have one beer". I was the only one objecting and I pleaded for him not to have it but he insisted, he would be ok and not to worry. My husband and his wife did not say a word. It probably would not of mattered anyway but it was odd to me that they didn't object.

Well, it was ok.....that night. He had one beer and everything was fine.

Shortly after this my daughter became very ill. We didn't go out anymore. Jack and Kim began hanging out with people from his work. He began drinking on the weekends, then after work.

Things got worse. Jack got tickets, wrecked his car, spent all his money and, ended up in jail. He had graduated to heroin. He lost his home, his wife and kids. His boss bailed him out of jail and put him in rehab at least twice.

Last that I saw him he looked good. He had been clean for over a year.

Then I get a call at work. Jack was found slumped over his table with a belt around his arm. It was not suicide, it was an over dose. It turns out that what he had done after being clean for so long was to go back to the same dosage that he had stopped using at. His tolerance had not been built up like before and it killed him.

Later, his wife told me that it all started that night at the comedy club. [Frown]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com