EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » micro-torture (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: micro-torture
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some things to expect when commuting around in these disgusting little sardine cans on wheels:

-There will be either koran or shitty music playing on the stereo at a volume just loud enough to make your eardrums bleed.

-Old women always enter ass first, they use their ginormous behinds as a scout, this serves the dual purpose of knocking people out of the way real quick. Once they sit down they always take up 1.5 seats.

-At least 3-4 people will smell like they've been dead for six months. Unless you're dead yourself or you enjoy BO from the depths of hell, always carry a Vicks inhaler.

Add your own useful tips.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG...that has brightened up my day......wonderful description.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] I will add:

* At some point the greedy driver is going to insist to try to load 3 more people into the bus than it can safely/actually fit...these people will either squeeze in right next to you, step on your feet or be hanging out of the door.

* Whomever is sitting next to the window isn't hot, even if it is 39 degrees outside and they will not want to open the window. You have to physically lean over and put the window down yourself and have an argument about how you are cooking...

* Whomever is sitting next to the window IS going to be hot, even if it is 10 degrees outside and will open the window even though everyone can already see their own breath. No bother arguing, just bring a blanket.

* The driver will think he is on the Autobahn, his life is driving this stupid bus and has fun playing chicken with the other cars while you cringe in horror. IF there is almost an accident, he will shout out of the window at the other driver - all the while still driving not paying attention to the road... [Roll Eyes]

* Even if you are (a woman) sitting next to the door and it is time to get out, there will be SOME OVER ZEALOUS MAN who insists to jump in front of you, step on your very nice shoes and twist your hijab, giving a half 'sorry' as he runs to his more-than-important thing he must get to...

* There is always someone who can't count, so when it's time to pay up for the ride, there is some retard who either wants to pay with change or only has a 100 LE, something like that~

* Must the driver chain smoke? Cough cough - hack hack hack...gag. [Frown]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
makes me REALLY glad that I don't have a sense of smell.
always KNEW that it would come in handy some day!

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The few times I have had to take one of these death traps I have smelt the BO, and the same in the metro...gag. I never knew BO existed in such quantities than in the heat of summer in Egypt. [Big Grin] I guess I just never noticed it at home because nobody really walked anywhere and deodorant is used like water....
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He will have NO headlights but an assortment of disco light in various shades with strobes all along the back of the vehicle.

The rear window will be completely obscured ( see next point) to ensure that he cannot check when he pulls out in front of you so if there is a smash it will be YOUR fault.

His rear screen will have a collection of plastic english letters in an assortment of colours and fonts all stuck in little rows in an effort to make an English sounding word or sentence ie

I iS femail bodi ensBector
MetSubashY
dayhatsu
tyota
maY weEls is on fayr
Bolice Akadimy gradyuit
etc etc etc

He will also have stickers all over the bodywork advertising everything from Pampers to Hair dye!

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
LOL !!

Ok this made my day, thank you! [Big Grin]

BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs
Member # 14666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
since this topic is finally out...i have to add here something i long time hesitated to say it to anyone...coz obviously this is normal...and for Egyptians ..i`m the Egyptian guy who came home after so many years living abroad..and sees everything wrong in Egypt..and all the bullSSShit of why did you come back if all what you see is wrong ..and the rest of that crap..

- what is it with Egyptian drivers ( bus , sedan , suv ) and NOSE PICKING...i`ve seen this thousands of times....from so many people driving...like they are entertaining themselves while the road is stopped and the traffic is jammed...this is so sick...ahh once there was an ear picking for a change...and the guy was pulling things and checking it out...just like that...do they have any manners at all...?? [Frown]

- 6th of October bridge was built to make it easy for people to drive with no stop to and from downtown...but it is just amazing how many cars..very old cars..very new cars are broken or ran out of fuel or even water in their radiaters....that makes it the wrong option to go downtown if you come from Heliolois or New cairo..i advice the Azhar tunnel instead...

- they simply drive any where all directions...opposite backwords...in the night with no lights at all..and even once i saw a small bus in the middle pavement racing so fast while all cars on the road in both direction are stopped...he was the smart @ss who got his way through..
[Big Grin]
busses stop in the middle of the street to take more passengers...no bus stops working that is for sure...and you have to wait behind the bus in your car forever..till the bus is stuffed with passengers as mentioned b4.. [Big Grin]
- on Suez/Cairo road...those Micro and station wagon taxi are carrying piles of loggage and bags on top of their roof...no wonder how clever they pile that up..if they piled all the Pyramids stones this high... [Big Grin]
- in the same road...huge trucks and trailers behind them loaded with huge amounts of small stones that simply are spreading the road...and become like gun bullets because of their speed..and they drive on the left side of the road..and in the night you must wer infra red goggles...coz they have no back lights at all...and if you dare pass them over...the stones will be scratching your car...or breaking your windows and windshield...once i rcvd a round of these stones like a machine gun was fired 3 mtrs away from me...and i was driving so fast to over pass the truck...and the round was coming right in my face...in an instant reflection i turned the steering wheel and the round of stones hit the side mirror and was broken instantly...wonder if that hit the windshield...or if my side glass was opened by mistake...my face would look like a drainer now....!!!

- writing a book about wonders of traffic in Egypt is going to become a wonderful idea to make money if that book is published containing pictures from real life horror on the streets of Egypt..i may consider the idea one day.. [Wink]

Posts: 151 | From: hidden somewhere | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BIC RUNGA ROXX : is it true that your real name is Shereef El T.....?
Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by south_london_male:
BIC RUNGA ROXX : is it true that your real name is Shereef El T.....?

Shereef El T..is my partner...how do you know him...?
Posts: 151 | From: hidden somewhere | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not know him , but some members on this Forum pm me many information about him telling met hat the information and the details Shereef posted before about himself was just lots of Lies , including age , marriages,,wife ,,etc and I do not have any reason no to beleive them or to beleive them so I wanted first to make sure they were talking about the right person or not and you just confirmed to me that he is the right person they spoke about,, thanks
Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:
LOL !!

Ok this made my day, thank you! [Big Grin]

I swear this was on a rear screen 3 days ago [Big Grin]

Laughed my head off when I came alongside and saw the driver in all his glory!!! [Eek!]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14666

quote:
I do not know him , but some members on this Forum pm me many information about him telling met hat the information and the details Shereef posted before about himself was just lots of Lies , including age , marriages,,wife ,,etc and I do not have any reason no to beleive them or to beleive them so I wanted first to make sure they were talking about the right person or not and you just confirmed to me that he is the right person they spoke about,, thanks

well all i know is that he used this forum..i actually got here because it was in his favourites and i liked it when i clicked on it ,
the name is correct ,dunno if that was his name in the forum though..!!
but have no idea what lies did he say about himself , or which members think he lied to them , but he is not a bad person according to my judgment , no one is perfect anyway.
you are free to PM me and i will answer .

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Yea, the nose pickers make me want to puke, also the people who walk by you in the street, hock up a HUGE luggie and spit it right there...UGGH... don't these people carry napkins/kleenex/anything?? [Confused] I literally once saw a guy in Cairo walking and he put one finger over one nostril and blew the crap out of his nose through the other nostril! I swear I had to stop, because I thought I was going to throw up right there.

I have NEVER seen things like this before...my husband was rather amused and I just looked at him and said, 'if you ever do that it is grounds for divorce'. [Frown]

Member # 14666

quote:
Yea, the nose pickers make me want to puke, also the people who walk by you in the street, hock up a HUGE luggie and spit it right there...UGGH... don't these people carry napkins/kleenex/anything?? [Confused] I literally once saw a guy in Cairo walking and he put one finger over one nostril and blew the crap out of his nose through the other nostril! I swear I had to stop, because I thought I was going to throw up right there.

I have NEVER seen things like this before...my husband was rather amused and I just looked at him and said, 'if you ever do that it is grounds for divorce'. [Frown]

ROFL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW umm this is new news to me hmmmm

--------------------

Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Don't even get me started on the public pee'ers... [Frown]
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
I am not going to Pm you with anything , if you were not him ,, any way what I was told are some things he should not be proud of them ,, and I will not reveal the identities of those who know him in person and those who told me that he is not a good one and his is a big liar ( accoridng to them ) I have not met him in mylife or talked to him by any means exept when I commented on his views about Egypt and Egyptian ,, and I was surprised when I was told he was hust bgs of life in his real life ,, by the way let me ask you one question ,, and you do not have to answer me here .. you can pm if you want ,, what is the age differnces between you and him , I was told this is one of the things le lied about..
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
By the way are you really Brazilian as I was told? and been married to him for 4 years only and not 13 as he mentioned before! I have more information ,, may be they are true and may be not
Member # 14666

quote:
By the way are you really Brazilian as I was told? and been married to him for 4 years only and not 13 as he mentioned before! I have more information ,, may be they are true and may be not

Brazilian ?? married to him ?? looool do you think i am a woman ?
i am very much of a man sir , loool
my name is Ramy Serry , is that a female name to you ?

OHHH MY GOD
check your pms , obviously there is very big story i need to know

Member # 14666

quote:

better tell you that in private , this thread isn`t the place to discuss this.
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
I have replied to your first PM so have a look ,, and any way I am not going to say any more in public as long as you are going be honest in your PMs..
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ok this is getting weird, really PM each other...thanks. [Wink]
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Do not worry Smuckers ,, as I said above, as long as he is giving real honest answres then I would not bother to mention all the information I am getting from some members of the forum .. I am not intersted to cause him or any one problems ,, only I am intersted to shut those who makes lies and those who come and attack Egypt and say they ar enot happy to be egyptians
Member # 14666

i am sure now the Mystery is clear..at least for us...yeah don`t worry Smuckers..it was rather so funny.!!
Member # 14666

quote:
I am not intersted to cause him or any one problems ,,

i hope when you say him you should say him who..??!!
just to avoid confusion and mistaken us with some other members. [Smile]

Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yowza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused. [Confused]
Posts: 198 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14666

quote:
Originally posted by Yowza:
I'm confused. [Confused]

ok...it was a puzzle for us too..south london male ..was told somethings from a member here , now we only know the first name of that member , some lies about our friend and work partner Mr. Shereef and he accordingly was checking out if these things were true or false , simply seeking the truth ,but in the wrong place in our opinion ,
we told him what we have of info ,
it is not our business if he believes what we told him or not.
we are not involved in the whole matter .
and we don`t like to stick our noses in the wrong places ,
and again this thread wasn`t the right place to discuss this issue..we would have hoped if south london male have contacted us in PM regarding this matter..
end of story [Smile]
jenny & Ramy

Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, next time South London Male, keep these private issues to personal messages, you just came off appearing to be very rude and gossipy.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
alchmiest it is not your dam businss as well ,, you do not have to be rude and stupied
seabreeze
Member # 10289

hey hey hey! Be kind to the Ally girl, she's kuhl! [Big Grin]
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't really seem to be your business either until you put your nose into it with your "messages" from other mysterious members. By the way if you are going to call someone stupid you should at least know how to spell it. [Roll Eyes]

Signed,
Alchemist

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do these micro buses have designated routes or they just drive all over and the passengers decide where to go? They don´t seem to have any number or anything...
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they just shout where they are going to Anthropes! ie Tahir, Tahir, Tahir [Wink] I think you just have to use abit of luck that it is going to go the way you want it [Big Grin]

The lights though, they are so FUNNY! they have so many flashing lights all over the bus and like someone said they have no headlights - so funny.

The BO smell is so unlike any other i think, it is like a mix of garlic, onion and unwashed body parts [Wink] I can remember having to get off once to vomit [Eek!]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by happybunny:
The BO smell is so unlike any other i think, it is like a mix of garlic, onion and unwashed body parts [Wink] I can remember having to get off once to vomit [Eek!]

Strange, the only time I have had a similar experience was after riding a bus in the States; the clawing smell of unwashed bodies going to work in the morning made me nauseous and stayed with me all day.

I have ridden on buses in Egypt for 6 years and never had that experience. Funny how experiences differ [Wink]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Newcomer, has your nose been stuffed up from the Cairo smog, because...DAMN! [Eek!]

[Big Grin] [Razz]

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't say I hadn't smelled any bad smells...just not to that extent on buses [Wink]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14666

quote:
Newcomer, has your nose been stuffed up from the Cairo smog, because...DAMN! [Eek!]

[Big Grin] [Razz]

i know so many people arrived to live in Cairo and they got their nose BLOCKED...
sinositis allergy is a common thing in Cairo..
and i must say these ppl with no sence of smelling are very lucky when it comes to experiences like mentioned above..
[Big Grin]

anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sense of smell definitely changes in Cairo!

My husband used to smoke a lot, and I mean a lot, and I never smelled it on him or on my clothes in Cairo.

Now if he smokes one cigarette on the weekend I smell it immediately.

The city just has a strong BO herself so it suffocates all other smells...

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14666

ok...talking about the nose sensetivity...how to stop someone in this forum from digging his or her nose in private matters that doesn`t belong to them..( or even to us )and annoying us with PMS..??
Member # 14666

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist Shines On:
Didn't really seem to be your business either until you put your nose into it with your "messages" from other mysterious members. By the way if you are going to call someone stupid you should at least know how to spell it. [Roll Eyes]

Signed,
Alchemist

AMEN to all that...!!! we are suffering from harrasements on PMS..from people we don`t know..people who cann`t even write or read well..!!! [Eek!]
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BIC RUNGA ROXX:
quote:

Signed,
Alchemist

AMEN to all that...!!! we are suffering from harrasements on PMS..from people we don`t know..people who cann`t even write or read well..!!! [Eek!]
Why don't you block all PM's then?....I do.....
Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the nose picking...this is not exclusive to Egyptians. It seems that a car is the perfect place to go diggin' for gold. Not only do I see ppl picking the boogers, I see them EATING the boogers. [Eek!]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

What about the scratching of the crotch..... [Eek!]

Where ever you go males are scratching away with no embarrassment. Why do they wear trousers too tight, or is it they don't shower.....OR perhaps they had no toys when the were young?..... [Smile]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by CheezyPoof:
About the nose picking...this is not exclusive to Egyptians. It seems that a car is the perfect place to go diggin' for gold. Not only do I see ppl picking the boogers, I see them EATING the boogers. [Eek!]

[Eek!] WTF!!?? [Eek!]
Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yowza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
OR perhaps they had no toys when the were young?..... [Smile]
lol
Posts: 198 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
probably cos the hair is growing back [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14666

quote:
Originally posted by Pink cherry:
quote:
quote:

Signed,
Alchemist

Why don't you block all PM's then?....I do.....
we are new here and didn`t know that this is possible..till you stated that..so many great thanks...this is a great advice...working on it.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Member # 14666

quote:

YUCKKKKKKKKKK , sersiously..????? [Eek!] [Confused] !!!!!!!!
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, seriously. I've seen it happen more times than you can imagine. What is wrong with ppl? Boogers aren't snacks for Pete's sake.

quote:
quote:

YUCKKKKKKKKKK , sersiously..????? [Eek!] [Confused] !!!!!!!!

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com