EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » feeling depressed ,alone suicidal (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: feeling depressed ,alone suicidal
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss jolie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
being in hurgada without work i find it very difficult left my family in UK after a tragique accident where i lose my husband and it was our dream to have a house in Egypt.Im blessed i don't need to work for money but to feel my emptiness feeling useful i want to be active in the society feeling good about myself my family are over protective in a sweet way ,really i feel like a child again when I'm back home's not attracted to Egyptian man or i steel healing the lost of my Alf.Any suggestion, i have hobbies diving beach ect i find it difficult to do this things alone I been a victim by people i suppose they are my friend Egyptian and foreigners
for me its only small crime boring max 500le and never see the friend and this happened with small amount as 30le no more friend god bless you all

Posts: 122 | From: hurgada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What what what ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try to do some volunteer work, to make yourself feel useful.
My rule of thumb when any friend of mine needs a little extra money, I tell them that it is a gift, that way i do not expect it back, and they do not have to feel pressure to pay me back. That way I can keep my friend. If people are continually asking you for money- then that is another problem.

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootsie:
Try to do some volunteer work, to make yourself feel useful.
My rule of thumb when any friend of mine needs a little extra money, I tell them that it is a gift, that way i do not expect it back, and they do not have to feel pressure to pay me back. That way I can keep my friend. If people are continually asking you for money- then that is another problem.

Yes, golden rule which has stood me in good stead - never lend what you can't afford to lose.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont worry ur not alone, iv been alone wit no friends for about 8 years, yep am a time bomb, but i hope youd be alright
Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try to look on the bright side of life.
There are so much more badly off than yourself.
get out and have fun.
Dont try to find love, find yourself, find wht makes you happy.
Good luck.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss jolie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks all ,
i can do voluntary work maybe in Cairo or luxor ,nothing in hurgada.
anyway maybe sure its stupid i take sleeping pills to pass the time by sleeping.
what i mean by friend who have interest in relationship not real friend I'm so naive that my bad experience make closing myself toward stranger i can say I'm scare of pepoles now.

Posts: 122 | From: hurgada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matron
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What nationality are you? I only ask because there are groups in Hurghada for different nationalities who meet regularly.
Posts: 155 | From: Planet Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
im french born grow up in uk
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
miss jolie, I'd be glad to help but I really don't understand what you're saying at all.

I don't know how other people figured it out but can anyone help me out here ?

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
miss jolie, I'd be glad to help but I really don't understand what you're saying at all.

I don't know how other people figured it out but can anyone help me out here ?

Its really really hard for normal people to even know what being lonley and depressed feels like, so most people wouldnt know. joile, you need one of those doctors i dont know what they are called but that is the best way because i tried to change myself alone and i failed. i am just like you actually, scared of being around people, anti-social, i wasnt like that when i was back in egypt, but ama just live with it
Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
basically I'm depressed, alone and scare to get close to people, boring feeling that my life is empty need to be protective member of society. meaning working, to be busy i feel useful.
i have to help myself but chatting it helps
got it now vader

miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
i know they see we got it all and they don't understand why I'm depressed I'm blessed don't need to work crap job to survive.
thanks god

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Jolie, I don't wanna rattle your cage but I believe you in need of some therapy.

I do wonder why you stay in Hurghada when obviously you don't have anything to do there??

I also believe you should find a fulfilling job which keeps you busy during the day and makes you tired in the evening so you might don't have to resort to sleeping pills in order to beat time.

You are young so enjoy your life!!

PS: Yes you can do voluntary work even in Hurghada. Let me give you two links just as a start. One is for the local animal shelter:

http://www.bluemoon-animalcenter.com/englisch.html

and one is for an organization which tries to protect the environment:

http://www.hepca.com/index.aspx

Then again maybe it's time that you change scenery, move and start doing something new.

You have it all in your hands, you decide if and what you want to do. Good luck! [Smile]

Oh and I am very sorry about the loss of your husband. No one can imagine what you feel but you can't forget yourself because life goes on for you. Please seek medical treatment - and I am certain Hurghada is the wrong place to do that.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
Thanks tirgelly for our concern, i have fews option one to go study in alexandria but in Mai,or take a crap job also i will check this web that you send to me.
what i really enjoy its working with kid's last job it was a bad experience no with my kids with the owner,nervous loosing his temper we have no tools so i bring mine and some of them been stolen by him.
all the foreigner teacher left bcz he ask us 5000le in cash for the working visa??????????????
i was feeling good and well appreciate by the parents if by him always saying I'm impressed about our performances its heart broken that i left my kids but he dint give me any choice's salary was only 1500le and want us to paid for work still didn't get it
to seek treatment i been there already, i just need to be busy and it will pass inshalah

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Hey, we all get depressed and lonely every once in a while. You should have seen me when I first left my family to study in Cairo.

You know what you need to do, so go out and do it...

miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
that's true vader i know ,what to do, my motivation its so low I'm not confident at all to be by myself outside dealing with peoples.
i will try diving today.
thanks all for your support

Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by miss jolie:
i know they see we got it all and they don't understand why I'm depressed I'm blessed don't need to work crap job to survive.
thanks god

Thats what funny about depression- you can have it all, money, looks, family, friends, and you can still feel like life is hopeless. Why don't you visit a psychiatrist or a psychologist and see if they can't help you figure out a way to start feeling better?

Do you think maybe moving back to the UK might help you feel better?

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
i do knowledge's that nothing keeping me in hurgada what else going back to my mum and dad house at 38years old? i rent my flat in UK I'm not allowed to work for 5years , in UK bcz of the tragique car crash i lost my husband also i get burn it took me one year in hospital to have my skin recovered.
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
I do knowledge's that nothing keeping me in hurgada ,what else going back to my mum and dad house at 38years old? i rent my flat in UK I'm not allowed to work for 5years in UK ,bcz of the tragic car crash i lost my husband also i get burn it took me one year in hospital to have my skin recovered.
If you know my family you will understand they lovely i just cant breath at all, its like I'm 4 years old again.

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
So go stay in cairo, there's lots of volunteer work to be done here.
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
Why not and i can meet some member olb she been so nice to me ,invite me to come also to Cairo .
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I do knowledge's that nothing keeping me in hurgada ,what else going back to my mum and dad house at 38years old? i rent my flat in UK I'm not allowed to work for 5years in UK ,bcz of the tragic car crash i lost my husband also i get burn it took me one year in hospital to have my skin recovered.
If you know my family you will understand they lovely i just cant breath at all, its like I'm 4 years old again.

i understand what you're saying, i doubt many people have family which is more smothering than my own- but maybe at this point in your life you need to be around people like your family, or friends whom you've grown up. People you can depend on. You could always stay in a flat far away enough from your family, but close enough so that you could see them if you needed to. Do you have anyone in hurghada? do you have anyone in Egypt? I understand you're here out of respect for your husbands love of the place, but what is there here for you that can make you a happier person?
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
You mean OldBag ?
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
I don't have any one close here in Egypt, again i live in UK and it was worse ,i put the mattress on the floor front of TV ,by the way the TV watching me mean i didn't care at all about any program i could stay weeks without moving, only to the toilette at least here i have to look after myself to go out buy food water ,paying bill's I can work ,when I was busy I was OK .
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss jolie if you like working with children you could try "cheeky monkey" or "Fred Swim Academy"... you may even contact the local international nurceries...
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GM44
Member # 13971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GM44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this group: Lotus is something for you, here is the flyer: http://www.spotredsea.com/newsletter/issue247/img/lotus%20flyer.jpg
Posts: 264 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redseaschool1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I'm amazed that you can put all of your business on the internet, when soooo many people in Hurghada reads this site! Hurghada is like a small village, and people talk.

I really feel that you need therapy as others have suggested. You can not hide your emotional instability behind children. Kids need someone emotionally stable to care for them, not someone having suicidal thoughts.

There are people here that like you and want to be your friend, but sometimes you can be an emotional burden, waking people up at 3:00 in the morning talking about you can't sleep, its a bit too much for the average person to deal with.

I like to be there for my friends, but some people need a therapist on speed dial, someone who is equipped to deal with situations like this.

BTW, aren't you supposed to have a PhD in Psychology, you were once a therapist yourself weren't you? I don't think anyone needs to tell you what you need, I think you know, and you're avoiding it.

No matter if you move to Cairo or wherever, your problems will follow you there sweety. Try to get help please, I'm saying this out of sincerity.

Posts: 86 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
a tailor doesn't need a suit ,a doctor doesn't need to see an other doctor if his sick'
i don't know why you surprise that I'm using this web side to seek help sense i have no friend,and on in Internet you call me sweaty ,as a brave women on the phone you call me bitch
I'm barely go out and you manage to get into me,you didn't like the facts I'm more talents
ed with the kids, and some of my friend take there kids off your flat where you do private lesson bcz its to dangerous to have 10 kids on kitchen floor in very small room.

miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
this pole suppose to be anonymously you know me personaly that pseudo i will log off ,you so imposing ,and always right that i cant competed in chat with you
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tequila is the answer.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tango
Member # 10829

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tango     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why dont you go back to your family in UK, I think they will give you support, and being home is much safer than suffering here, meet up with your home friends, or the other option if you dont wanna move back home is to struggle and fight over your stress and boredom, work and make friends, do any activities,meet up with new ppl, dont stay alone.
Posts: 108 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is why Tango.

quote:
I don't have any one close here in Egypt, again i live in UK and it was worse ,i put the mattress on the floor front of TV ,by the way the TV watching me mean i didn't care at all about any program i could stay weeks without moving, only to the toilette at least here i have to look after myself to go out buy food water ,paying bill's I can work ,when I was busy I was OK .

You should see a doctor MJ. He can prescribe medicine to help you overcome this. Or try asking at the healthfood store, they should able to give you some suggestions.

You are going to have to help yourself jolie, you can do it... [Smile]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
thank you all regarding the post of red sea ,i thought she was Friend's small excuse she make drama the excuse basically she open a nursery in 2 months, and she send me the web side ,i was only joking saying i could send it to the owner of the school, if its not a joke explain me how you will open a nursery in secret way you advertise in red sea magazine most of the kids after school are in your small flat, i find hard to watch for the safety of the kids ,apparently money is more important 200le per kids say 10 kids,
after that she want to scare me that she will put me in jail for benefit fraud's I'm a window I'm untiled to this benefit who is that to much but with the money of the assurance i paid my mortgage to rent my flat
its what friend in Egypt behave she knows i'm not well so she impose here strong character to scare me.she is going to UK to grass me to put me in jail ,i cant wait to see that its with the consent of doctor to be in a sun to Bose my serotonin sun give you a vitamin d impossible to find it in food or to make it chemically will suit here in the court ,for false declaration looking at my private life what I'm until to and for menace band i will ask compensation maximum i can at least i will be busy and give all the money for charity

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In all seriousness MJ, simply changing the way you think to a positive outlook can be very beneficial to your mental state.

Depression tends to spiral downwards quickly, don't let that happen.

Pick yourself up and do whatever it takes, alone, for now.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
I'm not that ugly to post all the gossip about red sea, you know having a fitting make me feel good actuality least better she is confuse kindness mean stupid piece of **** and shout at me telling me i make here mad i didn't call at 3am bcz i couldn't sleep bcz of here text when i wake up i want it an explanation straight away.
that lady i liked here and admire here she built the school where we are i was very impressed , she have to make drama with peoples who she feel are weak , to show she got power really I'm happy in my skin thanks red sea i need it to wake up and that fight make me feel alive again mean i care about myself

miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
red sea if you my friend as you pretend on our post.
why you didn't call or pm me
but you want to play the kind women to show how good friend you are when stranger pm me

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Good point.
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
thanks vader she really hurt me she was a women i loved,looking at here as a model
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
red sea what do you mean hurgada its small mean if i have trouble to buy food or paid my rent somebody will be here for me i doubt or even just be here to listen i don't give a dame about peoples in hurgada or elsewhere I'm in my pain alone this forum help me to share the first step in therapy its to be able to speak how you fell and take action.
what you did in our flat in kitchen floor with the kids for money , i was surprised that you craving about money i thought you are healthy financially i was in sock what amaze me more how parent pay you for the work you do i will say baby sitting no more 200le?????????//
i don't have kids for sure i will never let him in a cage what our flat look very small and not safe for the kids

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How would you feel iff you had nothing and didnt know how you will survive the next month, pay rent eat whtever.
You have to think yourself as blessed, you have to be positive and iff you are not happy move on, you can afford to go and find your dream.
I know you lost alot but its time to be positive and iff you cant see that then you have to seek proffessional help.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
i feel much better rose
just for today and it will pass

miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
thanks all i learn something today sometime stranger are more supportive than peoples you think they are our friend
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Egypt_TaeKwonDo:
Its really really hard for normal people to even know what being lonley and depressed feels like, so most people wouldnt know. joile, you need one of those doctors i dont know what they are called but that is the best way because i tried to change myself alone and i failed. i am just like you actually, scared of being around people, anti-social, i wasnt like that when i was back in egypt, but ama just live with it

You my friend are a ticking bomb waiting to go off.

If your parents have broken your spirit & will, you need to struggle like a demon to get that back.

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think some people are just prone to depression. I was like that when I was very young but I've learned how to cope with this dark, overwhelming state of mind. I don't want to go into details, but it was a very very hard work for me.
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
I understand very well ,me i never recovered the lost of my husband, keeping busy its OK i can forget got problems with peoples i guess i'm not a bad girl ,bcz of my mental state if i feel attack i can be very nasty.Im scare of peoples they see me weak maybe i am but i can defend myself still that's positive someone who more depressed will no respond, on any attack .
god bless you all i feel much better

Hibbah
Member # 12156

quote:
I understand very well ,me i never recovered the lost of my husband, keeping busy its OK i can forget got problems with peoples i guess i'm not a bad girl ,bcz of my mental state if i feel attack i can be very nasty.Im scare of peoples they see me weak maybe i am but i can defend myself still that's positive someone who more depressed will no respond, on any attack .
god bless you all i feel much better

You know, the title of this topic includes that you are "suicidal". Why don't you think that you need to see a physician about how you're feeling? Are you embarassed by the idea of seeing a pychiatrist?

If you really are going through depression (And you're not just sad, or going through a tough time, but are genuinely depressed) I think it'd be much more beneficial for you to seek professional help.

miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
you right I'm not embarrassed i been treating before i didn't like it taking pills to seek professional help with someone i can open my mouth tel all my feelings maybe i feel much better ,i Carry a lot of guilt i was driving,?????????
so time to time emptiness plus guilt is not good combination.
i know to share help you help me maybe you don't realise how much you help me.
what not kill us make you more strong person, i do believe that , it will pass .

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Jolie, you will not heal from just talking away. Who are you kidding with the phrase "...what not kill us make you more strong person, i do believe that , it will pass..." and before you mentioned that you take sleeping pills to pass time?? All what you've been writing so far is very worrisome to me and also others here.

You clearly state that you are depressed, sad, guilty, even suicidal, you feel your life is boring (perhaps 'worthless' what you meant to say), you shun yourself from other people, you wanna get away from daily life activities by taking medication.

Have you ever thought of taking an overdose??

May I ask how many years ago this accident occured?

How long do you live in this state of mind?

YOU KNOW that you have a serious problem, you are aware that you in dire need of psychological councelling - even if you try to play down the whole issue right now - which will most likely involve also medication but only a health professional can figure this out.

Seriously as I said before Hurghada is the wrong place for you to heal, no professionals, too many memories..... please think about moving back to England where you are not alone. You got family waiting for you there.

Once you feel mentally and emotionally more stable again you can start something new in life careerwise, find a new partner and perhaps have a family on your own.

Remember life goes on for you so just don't waste it. You need to accept help in this hard time. But you can only be helped if you want to be helped.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
It happened 5years ago spend one year in hospital and 4 years in and out of Egypt don't want a man in my life i don't want family on my own,got already loving family,of course i think of taking an overdose that's its the easy way. I have my family one the phone 20times a days just come back 10 days in UK one week in Cairo, nothing changes if i not willing to change.
thanks tirgerly for our concern

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com