EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » high schools in egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: high schools in egypt
dsaa
Member # 15063

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dsaa   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is the best schools for American Diploma in Egypt any idea how much it will cost any idea
Posts: 26 | From: usa | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the American Diploma students I've met never even went to school, and when they did they usually just hanged out and made silly videos.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GM44
Member # 13971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GM44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IGCSE (British) is of more value in Egypt as well in Europe!
Posts: 264 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dsaa
Member # 15063

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dsaa   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for your answer
but i have 2 boys in high American school and we must have to go back i am away from Egypt for 10 years so i do not have info about schools and i am worried about them if they can deal with this situation

Posts: 26 | From: usa | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
topoftheworld
Member # 15107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for topoftheworld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i Cairo there is sun rise America its OK the one in hurghada its very expensive not good At all only the name America diploma
Posts: 38 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dsaa
Member # 15063

Rate Member
thank you topoftheworld i am going to live in Naser city acutely i am very worried about my boys and i am asking my self if they can live in Egypt after this long time in USA i am sorry to share my mood with you but i find Egyptsearch a very good site and helpful people can give me some useful info even i am far away from my country.
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question. Why take your teenagers to Egypt? Why not let to finish their schooling in the USA?

and who is going to pay the fees for American High School in Egypt? Its extremely expensive.

Did you discuss the possible move with them?

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have they ever been to egypt? if they have not, this will be extremly difficult for them to adapt to the new country, i wish u best of luck

--------------------

Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dsaa
Member # 15063

Rate Member
my boys went 2007 and they used to visit their grand ma when we can for vacation but there is a big different from vacation and life and study in Egypt but i have to do that i heard about school called Rajac schools and Nafertari did you know any thing about these school
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
these two schools will be considered average ,i suggest choueifat or ais or cace but they are really very very expensive so it depends on ur budget

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAC is by far the best american school in egypt...hands down...it is also the most expensive (upwards of $12,000 USD a year!!!!)...i have worked at a few schools here and ones like AIS, NAC, Choueifat, MAC-Orouba, etc...are not that great...the administration changes grades, the kids are out of control and the teachers get blamed for everything...the curriculum is also low and most of the classtime is spent on discipline...

don't be fooled by fast-talking superintendents and fancy campuses...all they are interested in is the bottom line and they will say anything to get new students...out in new cairo city (which is somewhat close to nasr city) the only half decent school i would recommend is MES...

the british system is good and worth taking a look into (i have a friend with 3 kids there and she loves it) and there is at least one good alternative school: Desert's Edge Cairo which is in Sakkara...that's well worth looking into as well - it's run by a South African and his American wife, who have been living in egypt for decades!

good luck!

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by walkingathinline:
CAC is by far the best american school in egypt...hands down...it is also the most expensive (upwards of $12,000 USD a year!!!!)...i have worked at a few schools here and ones like AIS, NAC, Choueifat, MAC-Orouba, etc...are not that great...the administration changes grades, the kids are out of control and the teachers get blamed for everything...the curriculum is also low and most of the classtime is spent on discipline...

don't be fooled by fast-talking superintendents and fancy campuses...all they are interested in is the bottom line and they will say anything to get new students...out in new cairo city (which is somewhat close to nasr city) the only half decent school i would recommend is MES...

the british system is good and worth taking a look into (i have a friend with 3 kids there and she loves it) and there is at least one good alternative school: Desert's Edge Cairo which is in Sakkara...that's well worth looking into as well - it's run by a South African and his American wife, who have been living in egypt for decades!

good luck!

unfortunately most of schools do that its the system in egypt but these schools are the best of the worst ,number 1 is CAC
Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dsaa
Member # 15063

Rate Member
thank you for your help and support
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
u welecome ,good luck

--------------------
islam

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Owascom welecome
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doaa
Member # 14727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a website that provide all the American accredited schools in Egypt or any other country
just choose from the country combo box "EGYPT"
http://www.accreditedschools.org/school-search/index?profasn=&city=&state=&type=&distance%5fed%5fp=&postal=&zip%5fcode=&zip%5fdistance=&expired%5fdate=&name=&district%5fid=&status= Accredited&territory=&country=&public%5fp=

and this website provide the CITA Accredited schools
http://www.citaschools.org/index.php?option=com_civicrm&task=civicrm/profile&_qf_Search_display=true

A list of some of the Int'l schools in Egypt
http://www.english-schools.org/egypt/american-international-school-egypt.htm

Some schools provide the American system
http://hais.nefertariinternationalschools.com/
http://www.aisegypt.com/home.htm
http://www.mseschools.com/docs/aschool.asp
http://www.cacegypt.org/

Posts: 5 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doaa
Member # 14727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and there is at least one good alternative school: Desert's Edge Cairo which is in Sakkara...that's well worth looking into as well - it's run by a South African and his American wife, who have been living in egypt for decades!

quote:
I visited their website , this is not a traditional school , it is more like a craft and activity one , do they have a traditional school based on any education system they don't provide info about on their website, please enlight

Posts: 5 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gillan yaser
Member # 18399

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gillan yaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am searching for agood biritish schools in new cairo or in masr-ismailia desert road.....can anyone help
and give me an opinion about
egyptian international school
MES international school
MSE 2000 international school
BBC international school
nafrtari international school
really iam so cofused plz help me

Posts: 2 | From: cairo | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dsaa
Member # 15063

Rate Member
Hi gillan
for biritish schools in Egypt i heared about nafrtari internation school is ok my sister has her boys in St. fatima school for IGCSA in Nasr city she likes it

MaryTodd
Member # 17841

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryTodd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dsaa, I would not recommend Cairo American College. It is considered by many the best but if you have experienced what I have you should avoid this so called elite school. They will bail on you in a heartbeat if your child is not learning at the pace of others in their grade they seem to lack any learning support program that will help your struggling child especially in the middle or high school of which learning support is non existent. For me American International School seems to have a better program and very similar to what is offered in the U.S.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try to avoid taking teens out of the country to finish their education unless you KNOW the system is the same and they have LOTS of time to settle after the move. I moved from the US to the UK when I was 16-17 and was trapped between systems and it was a disaster, I am still sorting out the mess now (after ten years) and Im not the only person who will say this...think VERY hard before you move!
Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com