EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Free nosh up in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Free nosh up in Cairo
Member # 14248

Icon 6 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks
I know this sounds too good to be true but it is genuine.

A company called Mysterydining from the UK are looking for diners to eat at Cairo restaurants for FREE and all you do is this.

Register with them.
They will send you all the details.
A lady called Leanna is the Cairo contact who sets your dines up since we are not in the UK.

Then what happens is they will e mail you available dines.

I have one for the new Wagamama in City Stars.

You then e mail them back and say if you can attend.

If you can you go there as a regular diner and the restaurant staff do not know you are there.

You take a friend and are allowed an allowance for food and drinks.
You order and whilst you are there observe the service, environment, staff, food etc.
You then pay for the meal and keep the receipt.
Next day before 12 midday you scan the receipt and fill in an online questionaire which takes about 5 mins and send it off.

They then deposit the amount on the receipt into your bank account, paypal etc taking into consideration exchange rates so that you are not out of pocket. The money is paid on the 10th of each month.
For drinkers you have an alcohol allowance too.

They have just started in Cairo and are looking for diners to go to the restaurants around town so you can all join up if you fancy a free meal for 2 and sometimes 4.
All types of restaurants to choose from.

If you are in other countries they have plenty other venues to choose from and some in airports too if you are travelling.

Its easy to join and to set up.

If you are interested just follow the link here.

http://www.mysterydining.co.uk/Pages/index.aspx

[Cool]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds brilliant! Free meals out what could be better.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you tried it yet, and gotten paid for it yet?
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harankash, I remember you (or someone else?) posted this before and I found it very interesting, but the whole registering process seemed to be a bit tedious and complicated.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I've seen this before.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntonD
Member # 11376

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AntonD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funnily enough I've been a member of this for way over a year as a mystery diner in Cairo.
Guess what, I've never been asked to visit anywhere at all and I check the web site regularly for this specific purpose.
And I've never heard of this Leanne. Maybe harankash can get her to contact me to I can find out what the score is.
How about it harankash, either get to contact me or pm me with her details and I'll contact her.

Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it took me about 10 mins to fill it all in with my details. Its not complicated at all.

Its actually easier I think being in Egypt because you dont have to login to check for venues. Leanna contacts you by e mail to let you know whats available and you just e mail her back what date and time you want and she does it for you.

The main thing is you have to download a receipt form. It takes seconds. Then attach your receipt to it and scan it back to her before midday next day.
Once you are registered and have login details you can open the questionaire and all you do is type your observations on it and e mail that to her along with the receipt form.
Its short and it has little boxes for comments. Some are yes/no. That part would take about 5-10 mins.
Its quite straightforward really.

They are looking for feedback on service so you can comment on the restaurants service and make recommendations if you like.

Ive passed it to someone as I dont want to travel across to the other side of Cairo so will let you know what happens if they manage to go.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anton they have just this month started in Cairo.

The venue is NOT on the site because Leanna contacts you direct as its new here.

Just ask her for wagamama at city stars for your first dine. They need folk 21st to 27th April after 7pm.

her e mail is

leanna@mysterydining.com

she replies quickly to any inquiries just say I gave her e mail to you incase she wonders how you got it.
Allison

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember they did not only want your personal details and preferences but also a sample review consisting of a particular number of words. And that was the thing that put me off.

OK, I checked it now ... here it is:

The reports we send to our clients need to be observant, comprehensive, balanced and articulate. We need to be sure that you can produce reports of a high quality. Please write a minimum of 250 words describing a recent dining experience. You may include information such as the welcome you received, the quality of service at various points, the appearance of the restaurant and how the bill was processed.*

How long did it take you to write that, harankash? You said the whole thing took you less than ten minutes ... am I being daft?
[Confused]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Hi Anton

when I wrote it I had just that week had a bad experience in a restaurant near city stars and it only took me about 10 mins to jot it down.
What I done was describe location, little about surroundings and staff and then wrote about the problem. I then made suggestions and that was about it really.
Maybe because it was all fresh in my mind it was easy......
250 words is not much.

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have given it a try, but I'm not that good at describing... + I don't hold a grudge for long, so if they serve good food I'll forget about anything else that sucked, like delayed service and so on. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Vader and Dalia
I have PM'd you both.

I wrote this in about 15 mins and it is 410 words and what they are after.

The thing is this is just a test. The questionaire you actually do is much easier and quicker. This is just to see if you can describe clearly events and surroundings.

[Wink]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
You've pm'd me twice. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com