EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Anyone live in El Rehab?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone live in El Rehab?
AntonD
Member # 11376

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AntonD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know where I pay my phone bill in Rehab? I can't seem to do it online, wrong credit card.
Also, Electric Bill? Does someone come to the house like I had it in my last place?

Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this was posted on Oldbags thread a week ago

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=016064;p=1#000029

was it in Heliopolis Jean?

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that is where ya pay the phone bill, and the electric man will be knocking on your door to get his money.
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just got some more info bout phone bill from a friend that lives in Rehab - she said that its close to City Stars - the central phone company.

and she got an electric bill after living there for 4 months - took them a while to come and collect it from her.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend kindly paid my phone bill online (and I reimbursed them) so the online thing can be made to work - just don't ask me how [Big Grin]

If you want to estimate your electric bill - read the meters and then estimate 11.5pst per unit used - sometimes they seem to charge me 10 per unit and other times add a bit more (I think there's some kind of banding depending on how much you use but I haven't figured it out yet - only had one bill where they did that) but 11.5pst per unit should cover it (well it works in 6th October anyway, so don't know if they charge differently in different areas).

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntonD
Member # 11376

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AntonD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all your answers. I might just let the phone bill lapse anyway, I don't really need it.
More important is the electricity. If they come round then I'll sort it out then.
Thanks for the way to estimate it.

Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eshtadiva
Member # 13742

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eshtadiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The phone company is on the Suez Rd going towards town either the first intersection or the second (big) after the street to City Stars. The street name changes but it's the street that goes right to Korba with Chili's on it. It on the left corner of the intersection El Rehab side..if that makes sense. lol
Phone bills can be paid online but only with an Egyptian credit card.

The last time I went to set up my electric in my new villa the office was on the back side of the new mall up some stairs. This was before the mall opened. I'll ask my driver when he comes in a few days.

Once they collect your first electric bill, then they will come each month but only if you're home..Then they average it out if the bill is high from not paying a few months until you catch up. lol

Oh, an the more you use, the higher the price is per unit.

Posts: 68 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I double checked my last couple of bills and its around 15pst per unit for something like 500 units per month.
Its not exact.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntonD
Member # 11376

Rate Member
eshtadiva - thanks for that. By the "new Mall" I presume you mean Mall 2 with Metro underneath it. It's just round the corner from me, easy enough to get to.

One of my cats has run off now so I'll have to have a walk round to find it anyway.

Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
I think that is where ya pay the phone bill, and the electric man will be knocking on your door to get his money.

so I take then that the "electric man" comes to "charge" you!! for consumption that is
Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com