EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Where did u eat out?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where did u eat out?
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I want to take my wife out to one of these places:
Chilis
Nile City
Johnny Carinos
Studio Misr Grill House
Le Notre
"Halakat Al Samak"
City Cruise

What are your reviews on them?

thx

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chilis
this place is a good place to eat!
the rest i never heard of sorry

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's the menu?
what do you order there normally?

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FAJITA TRIO
Tender grilled steak, marinated grilled chicken and spicy garlic & lime grilled shrimp. Served sizzling w/onions & bell peppers.

its really good
shrimp and steak with bellpeppers
i order mine special without onions!!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Is it too spicy and hot??? My wife is pregnant
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
It sounds like a big dish, is it a serving for one or two? and Is it too spicy and hot??? My wife is pregnant i dont think she's supposed to have very hot food
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
love Johnny Carino's
there Veal Piccata is fabulous, and they give you a hunk of great hot bread, with olive oil/spices to dip it into..yummm

Have been to Studio Misr too, and they have this mixed grill served on your own hibachi at your table...its good too.

Chili's - I order appetizers there - there is something called triple play that I love, and they have a hot fudge brownie ice cream thing that is great, and their burgers are good too.

If its for a romantic or special occasion - of those 3, I would go for Johnny Carino's on the Nile

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by paradise_seekers:
It sounds like a big dish, is it a serving for one or two? and Is it too spicy and hot??? My wife is pregnant i dont think she's supposed to have very hot food

no its not spicy
acturally its really good!

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what you're saying is that you're going to the Nile City Boat in Zamalek and you want to know WHICH of the restaurants on that boat we recommend, as a few of those are all on that boat?

Depends if it's special or you want to splurge a bit. My favorite is Dar Al-Amar on the Blue Nile Boat (lebanese food)- just a boat over.... or the Pasha 1901 boat...Piccolo Mondo and L'Asiatique. downstairs are both nice (though a bit on the pricier side for the last one)

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i always wanted to try the pasha 1901...never did, though..maybe one day, it's good, huh?

--------------------
"It's very important to learn how to weasel out of things. It's what separates us from the animals...except the weasel." ~Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're all nice except Le Notre, expensive for nothing. I've never been to 7alat el samak but I would avoid fish in Cairo.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Hello thanks everyone

we ended up in chilies [Smile] was great - and close by
h

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really miss Saltgrass Steak House in the states, I wish they were in Cairo, I might make the trip more often. [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Have you tried Chilis in Fathallah Montaza I thought you lived in Alex rather than Cairo.
Try filling in those suggestion cards too next time you visit - I'll write it down the next time I visit [Smile]

encrypted
Member # 13625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for encrypted         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I really miss Saltgrass Steak House in the states, I wish they were in Cairo, I might make the trip more often. [Frown]

Go to a place called Hosney in Medinet Nasr right in front of Sarag Mall. Skip the entire menu and just order Kabab and Koftah. You will never speak of steak again.
Posts: 147 | From: Auto's World | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pothead_Barbie
Member # 15091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pothead_Barbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like my little arabic dive in brooklyn.
any kind of arabic food u want to go.

Posts: 460 | From: philly | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by encrypted:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Go to a place called Hosney in Medinet Nasr right in front of Sarag Mall. Skip the entire menu and just order Kabab and Koftah. You will never speak of steak again.
Go to Chili's and order a Sirloin Steak, you'll never speak of kebob or kofta again.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would never travel as far as Egypt to lunch or dine in an American fast food,in this case,Chilis.Wherever i go to visit i prefer local gastronomy or cuisine. [Cool]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
since I eat a lot of different styles of cuisine while in the States, I find that I do get tired of the local stuff while in Cairo . . . . for example, I love baba ghanouj and order it everytime I go to an ME restaurant in Dallas . . . . while in Cairo, I actually get tired of it, LOL!!!

Best falafel I had on this last trip was in Alexandria at a local place downtown . . . can't tell you the name because I don't think anyone told me but it was an extremely popular place!!

I probably wouldnt go to Chili's in Cairo only because I can just go down the street here to get to it and I wouldnt order a steak there anyway (because I don't do that here) . . . . but I ate so many times on the Nile dinner cruise boats (all for the sake of seeing a dancer, hehe), that I think I had my fill of bad western food, lol.

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When i crave the best of steaks,i try to locate an Argentinian restaurant or steakhouse.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
i like me who eat at the y!!!!

--------------------

Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm fond of the Grand Cafe. We like to go there early evening and get a good seat to watch the sunset, and just relax. The food is pretty good too. I wouldn't go when there is a game on TV though, can get a bit annoying if your not into sports, or want a more romantic/quiet setting.
Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it Mohamed Ahmed the name of the shop.

quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:
since I eat a lot of different styles of cuisine while in the States, I find that I do get tired of the local stuff while in Cairo . . . . for example, I love baba ghanouj and order it everytime I go to an ME restaurant in Dallas . . . . while in Cairo, I actually get tired of it, LOL!!!

Best falafel I had on this last trip was in Alexandria at a local place downtown . . . can't tell you the name because I don't think anyone told me but it was an extremely popular place!!

I probably wouldnt go to Chili's in Cairo only because I can just go down the street here to get to it and I wouldnt order a steak there anyway (because I don't do that here) . . . . but I ate so many times on the Nile dinner cruise boats (all for the sake of seeing a dancer, hehe), that I think I had my fill of bad western food, lol.

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is Argentinian resturant in Rehab and there is two steakhouse resturants one in JW Marriot other in Four Seasons Hotel.

quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
When i crave the best of steaks,i try to locate an Argentinian restaurant or steakhouse.

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
el_ka
Member # 15174

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for el_ka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the best food i ate in egypt was in mohandessin at cortigiano restaurant, crave in zamalek and the best grilled chicken ataturk mohandessin.
Posts: 103 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karim:
Is it Mohamed Ahmed the name of the shop.

quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:

I don't know and I don't even know what street we were on as our tour guide just took as down the street, hehe . . . but it was out of Koshary and baba ghanouj when we went in late afternoon. We were going for the Koshary, lol!
Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by karim:
There is Argentinian resturant in Rehab and there is two steakhouse resturants one in JW Marriot other in Four Seasons Hotel.

quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:

Thanks for the info,Karim [Smile]

*waves hand at cbrbddd*

cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Chili's, food at Carino's I found a bit tasteless except I like their Chicken Caesar salad.

Chili's menu is here:
http://www.chilis.com/menu/default.asp?Unit_ID=701%2E058%2E0001&tierID=88&menuType=Dine+In&menu=1

(Those links on the right side don't work for me, try the links under the picture)

Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
has anyone ever eattin at the outback steak house?
every other commercial is about the outback lol
now they have one for mothersday!
i like howard johnsons
they have good chicken fried steaks!
when i was a kid mom worked there!!
my fav. food is chicken tamales with gree chili sauce!!!

Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they have johnny carinos in egypt? how random. is chilis spelt with a sheen, so its like, shilis? [Smile]
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com