EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » WHAT IS WRONG WITH EGYPT? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WHAT IS WRONG WITH EGYPT?
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 5 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt is not a country without resources, or indeed, without brains. However, for brains to function properly, they need a fee environment. Brains simply can't function in an environment dominated by despotism, tyranny and authoritarianism. Dictatorship can only produce human robots that obey orders, but don't think.

http://desertpeace.wordpress.com/2008/04/14/what-is-wrong-with-egypt/

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops meant to put this under EGYPT NEWS. [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fifty years ago, Egypt and South Korea were more or less at the same socio-economic level. However, while the latter succeeded in becoming an industrial and economic giant, the former is still languishing in poverty, perennially awaiting grain shipments from abroad, especially from the US.

One doesn’t have to be a great authority in economics to understand the reasons for Egypt’s failure and enduring backwardness.

Egypt, since the Camp David Accords in the late 1970s, effectively lost its free will to the United States and therefore to Israel. Indeed, instead of aspiring to make Egypt the “China” or “India” or even “Malaysia” of the Arab world, the Egyptian regime opted to surrender Egypt’s national will to the US, all in order to maintain its own power!

Egypt is not a country without resources, or indeed, without brains. However, for brains to function properly, they need a fee environment. Brains simply can’t function in an environment dominated by despotism, tyranny and authoritarianism. Dictatorship can only produce human robots that obey orders, but don’t think.

Unfortunately, Egypt is still among the most authoritarian states in the contemporary world. People are arrested and tortured for their conscience and thought. Political opponents spend more time in the regime’s dungeons than they do with their families, and voters deemed “non-conformists” are beaten savagely for daring to exercise their democratic rights.
web page

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no reason why Egypt should be a third world country. It's got resources, tourism, and a good economy. One of my husband's investment magazines actually encourged investors to put their money in Egypt. However, because of the dictatorship govrnment, the passive citiznes, the ignornace, the country is stuck in the third world category.

My dad tells me that Tunisia gets more tourists than Egypt. Why? Egypt's got so much more, why don't we use what god gave us to improve this country?

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally agree with you 7ayat, Tourism seems to be Egypt's main industry and there should be a way to use this to the country's advantage. I would start by charging a higher admission to the historical sites.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
instead of charging higher prices, they should start by cleaning the place up...i've met so many tourists who have complained about the trash everywhere, they said they would never return and not recommend that others visit

--------------------
"It's very important to learn how to weasel out of things. It's what separates us from the animals...except the weasel." ~Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, Luxor is an embarrasment. How can the city that has a 1/4 of the world's monuments be like that? It's bloody primitive and there's garbage everywhere? It breaks my heart.

And what's up with the tourists, especially the Egyptian ones, hugging the monuments while taking pictures? You are NOT supposed to touch this, there's should be more surveillence to protect our heritage.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Luxor is great compared to the scheisshole called Hurghada. When I lived In Luxor back in the 90s it wasn't dirty with garbage everywhere. Is this a new disaster that I hadn't witnessed? In my opinion, the major cleanliness problem in Luxor is the horse manure that gives one a runny nose with thick green sticky snot for several months before one's system finally gives up and adapts to it.

Luxor's magic is in its primitiveness. It's like you travel back in time! While Hurghada is a modern resort lacking any beauty and is a typical example of the miserable planning and 3'aw3'a2eya of the modern Egyptians.

Ayisha?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
^^ Luxor is great compared to the scheisshole called Hurghada. When I lived In Luxor back in the 90s it wasn't dirty with garbage everywhere. Is this a new disaster that I hadn't witnessed? In my opinion, the major cleanliness problem in Luxor is the horse manure that gives one a runny nose with thick green sticky snot for several months before one's system finally gives up and adapts to it.

Luxor's magic is in its primitiveness. It's like you travel back in time! While Hurghada is a modern resort lacking any beauty and is a typical example of the miserable planning and 3'aw3'a2eya of the modern Egyptians.

Ayisha?

That's what I thought while reading 7ayat's post.
And Luxor is getting better. I havent seen those garbages either. Only in some rural part of Cairo there are some of them.

There is a city called Varanasi in India, the holliest city for Hindus and one of the holliest cities of Budists. Luxor is like London when comparing with Varanasi. The dirtiness, misery, mess... those words are not enough to express it. BUT what makes it charming for the people is the combination of those things.

And I don't understand people calling EGYPT dirty and won't recommend it because of it the trash everywhere... Funny yanii... [Smile]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt needs a nude-beach,somebody said in a column. Not because she feeld the need to walk around naked, but because it should prove that Egypt knows tolerance, Muslim Brotherhood finally would understand that Islam is not about pointing fingers and making judgements to those who are different, the gouvernment should understand the meaning of true democracy, people should understand they have a choice in deciding what to exposure and what to hide,and men should know that "being a good girl", has nothing to do with dresscodes.
I agree with that.
All problems are related to the lack of freedom and the narrwominded opinions brought in by old religious MEN.
It are the MEN who are ruling the country as it is, and they have all benefits by letting it stay as it is, or going backwards in times to give them even more power.
The shortness of food, the raising prices, they all should taken in a different way as there was more equality and tolerance between people.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme
Member # 13852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Egypt needs a nude-beach,somebody said in a column. Not because she feeld the need to walk around naked, but because it should prove that Egypt knows tolerance, Muslim Brotherhood finally would understand that Islam is not about pointing fingers and making judgements to those who are different, the gouvernment should understand the meaning of true democracy, people should understand they have a choice in deciding what to exposure and what to hide,and men should know that "being a good girl", has nothing to do with dresscodes.
I agree with that.
All problems are related to the lack of freedom and the narrwominded opinions brought in by old religious MEN.
It are the MEN who are ruling the country as it is, and they have all benefits by letting it stay as it is, or going backwards in times to give them even more power.
The shortness of food, the raising prices, they all should taken in a different way as there was more equality and tolerance between people.

I've never read more moronic nonsense in my life. Nude beaches to show tolerance [Eek!]
Posts: 35 | From: Rising From The Ashes | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may think so, everybody is free to have an opinion. Are there also arguments based on your opinion or do you prefer to just name it moronic nonsense????

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
There is no reason why Egypt should be a third world country. It's got resources, tourism, and a good economy. One of my husband's investment magazines actually encourged investors to put their money in Egypt. However, because of the dictatorship govrnment, the passive citiznes, the ignornace, the country is stuck in the third world category.

It doesn't matter WHY, the fact is that it IS a 3rd world (I refuse to call it developing...especially when it gets progressively worse) country and the economy is going to pot. Hence, the article. [Wink] I do think the government is a lot to blame - I see the people want more/better. But the reasons why don't bump the country up any further from being in a pretty bad situation.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
The gouvernment is to blame... and who is allowing the gouvernment to do so??? The people!!! We are back to the old expression: People get the gouvernment they deserve...

--------------------

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:

Ayisha?

Yeah I know that the primitiveness is part of the character of Luxor, but I actually don't like it. I wish they would modernise it just a bit. And my god yeah there is garbage everywhere! I was there in March 2007 so not too long ago.
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
The gouvernment is to blame... and who is allowing the gouvernment to do so??? The people!!! We are back to the old expression: People get the gouvernment they deserve...

Exactly, the Egyptians are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo passive! I think part of it is ignorance, if you don't read and write, if you don't know what's happening in the rest of the world, then you won't know that you have rights. Most Egyptians don't know what "human rights" even mean.

The second thing is the poverty. If you are so poor that your entire day is filled with worrying about putting food on the table, the last thing on your mind will be democracy and rights. I think the government keeps the people poor and ignorant so that it can stay in power.

But again I think EVEn if the Egyptians were educated and not poor they would still be passive. It's part of our bloody mentality. A leader is treated like God. Just think of Ancient Egypt and how the Pharoes were worsipped. And it's not just the President, any leader is worshipped. Egyptians just like to suck up to anyone who is above them, weather it's their boss or their president. It's just the way we are raised, and it's awful.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
quote:

The second thing is the poverty. If you are so poor that your entire day is filled with worrying about putting food on the table, the last thing on your mind will be democracy and rights. I think the government keeps the people poor and ignorant so that it can stay in power.

I think there's a lot of truth in this.
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You're right. This is a sad reality when people are poor and when they work just for food...we lived in this way in Ceausescu time's.
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme:
quote:
I agree with that.

I've never read more moronic nonsense in my life. Nude beaches to show tolerance [Eek!]
I prefer to call it retarded bullshit.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Nude Beach!? [Confused]
????? are you drinking today? [Confused]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Nude Beach!? [Confused]
????? are you drinking today? [Confused]

Water, as always. It is not about the nude-beach, it's about the backlaying intentions and thoughts.
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shahrazat:
quote:

Ayisha?

And Luxor is getting better. I havent seen those garbages either. Only in some rural part of Cairo there are some of them.

There is a city called Varanasi in India, the holliest city for Hindus and one of the holliest cities of Budists. Luxor is like London when comparing with Varanasi. The dirtiness, misery, mess... those words are not enough to express it. BUT what makes it charming for the people is the combination of those things.

And I don't understand people calling EGYPT dirty and won't recommend it because of it the trash everywhere... Funny yanii... [Smile]

HUH??? you haven't seen garbage anywhere??? do you have an eye sight problem?
or are you just talking about in Luxor???

it's not just in the rural areas! it's everywhere - even in Maadi, ex-pat heaven! people don't want to see a bunch of trash sitting next to the pyramids or lying on the ground around all the beautiful mosques in islamic cairo or on the beaches of marsa matruh or in the Nile - it's gross!!! it takes away the beauty...i don't think it's so hard to understand people not wanting to go to a dirty, trash-ridden place!!!! people pay thousands of dollars to visit some of the world's most amazing, historical sites and this garbage thing is a real turn off for people...i just met this british woman last month in NYC and when she learned i had been living in egypt, the first thing she commented on was the trash! now, i haven't been to Luxor since last march and on the main streets there, it is pretty clean...but the minute we went off wandering just a few blocks off the corniche, there was trash everywhere!

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
''...A leader is treated like God...''
This is right 7ayat. And if we have a look at the general situation in Arab countries they always prefer to be ruled by 1 man until his death. And if that man dies the son goes on.
Look at this;
Mubarak since 1981 (maybe his son will go on after his death), Hafiz Essad (1971-2000 and son goes on since 2000), Kaddafi since 1979, Saddam Hussein (1979-2003 if things were normal, most probably he was going to go on), Arafat (1969-2004, untill death)
And Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Jordon are kingdoms, UAE is an emirate...

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by walkingathinline:
instead of charging higher prices, they should start by cleaning the place up...i've met so many tourists who have complained about the trash everywhere, they said they would never return and not recommend that others visit

Agree. Nobody is indifferent after visiting Egypt: people either love it or ... are very disappointed. It has A HUGE heritage, one of the most impressive sights to visit on this planet. 'The surroundings' might be a bit disappointing though. Some people are simply put off by this. [Frown]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I had a friend that visited and she remarked that they were not happy with visiting because of the state of how they saw the people living and the trash everywhere (and that was in Cairo).
We can talk all we want about how primitive some people are in Egypt according to where they live but how people see the country overall is how you all get labeled, unfortunately.
Cleaning the country and controlling the harrassment would probably help tourism IN A HUGE WAY. As far as helping the regular people who are having difficulties feeding their family bread, well, that's another story.

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
quote:

You're right. This is a sad reality when people are poor and when they work just for food...we lived in this way in Ceausescu time's.
I know what you are talking about Karla. We had it too. It's all in the name of keeping people 'obedient'. Most weren't though. Fortunately. [Wink]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

quote:
Originally posted by walkingathinline:
quote:
quote:

Ayisha?

HUH??? you haven't seen garbage anywhere??? do you have an eye sight problem?
or are you just talking about in Luxor???

it's not just in the rural areas! it's everywhere - even in Maadi, ex-pat heaven! people don't want to see a bunch of trash sitting next to the pyramids or lying on the ground around all the beautiful mosques in islamic cairo or on the beaches of marsa matruh or in the Nile - it's gross!!! it takes away the beauty...i don't think it's so hard to understand people not wanting to go to a dirty, trash-ridden place!!!! people pay thousands of dollars to visit some of the world's most amazing, historical sites and this garbage thing is a real turn off for people...i just met this british woman last month in NYC and when she learned i had been living in egypt, the first thing she commented on was the trash! now, i haven't been to Luxor since last march and on the main streets there, it is pretty clean...but the minute we went off wandering just a few blocks off the corniche, there was trash everywhere!

Elhamdulillah I dont have a serious problem with my eyes.
Nobody makes them to sleep or walk in these garbages. They only pass by them by bus.
IF those trashes were IN Pyramids area or Temples, it s okey to complain.
IF the woman you saw on the street commented about the trash first, I don't have anything to say.
I have been Egypt for many times, and that garbage problem wasn't mentioned about my groups.

walkingathinline
Member # 11504

well, i guess i'm just hallucinating then. [Roll Eyes]
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Walkingathinline, of course you know Egypt better than me. I m just trying to say it s not a big thing which can effect your visit to Egypt. I wish it was cleaner of course but I just dont think it bothers everybody who visits this country.
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt has the most amazing tourism potential. Tunisia was mentioned earlier... and I like it too, but it can't begin to match Egypt's worldwide pull. The figures I looked at last showed that tourism in Egypt is higher in numbers than Tunisia... but I haven't looked at revenue earned. I completely agree that entry prices are far too cheap, generally.

Egyptians are great at hospitality and there is the potential to be so much better. Many visitors are uncomfortable with Egypt's extremes and don't quite know what to make of them. Egypt provides a bubble for most visitors, where they are cushioned from the harsh realities of the political, social and economic system. Understanding the complex layers can be difficult, as ordinary Egyptians are cautious about talking too freely.

I've spent time in Luxor every single year, apart from the last few, since I first went there with my family. It is beautiful and litter there doesn't seem as bad as I've seen in other parts of Egypt. Litter pickers are visible on the Corniche and in other areas. Move further from the main areas and it's not so good. I understand that a lot of reconstruction work has happened since our last visit and I'm keen to see it, although concerned for the displaced traders. If anyone has recent photos of the changes, or links to sites showing them, I'd appreciate it.

Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

quote:
Walkingathinline, of course you know Egypt better than me. I m just trying to say it s not a big thing which can effect your visit to Egypt. I wish it was cleaner of course but I just dont think it bothers everybody who visits this country.

i wouldn't say i'm an expert on the place - i only lived in cairo for less than 3 years - i'm hardly an expert...

i didn't say it bothers EVERYBODY...i don't know every single person in the world who has visited egypt...however, apparently it does affect some people so much that they would not come back and would talk about it with such disgust...it also bothers people on this forum; trash is almost always in the top 3 complaints that people have about the place...

more and more people are becoming ecologically conscious and when you see such a blatant disregard for Mother Earth, some people do get upset...as you or someone posted earlier, India, in places, is trashy as well...so is America in places, so is Cambodia in many places, etc etc... so i'm not dogging Egypt out...i'm just trying to say that before they go raising prices, they should consider cleaning it up a bit...sure, they keep the parts of the Corniche clean and around the nicer hotels and the IMMEDIATE area near some of the sites...but if you go to the stables out by the Pyramids and take a hour or so camel ride through the desert to the Pyramids, you will see a long line of trash along the way...not to mention many guides just throwing their empty bottles, cigarette packs, candy wrappers, etc. right on the ground!

i talked to my ESL students this past December about forming a group to go out to a specific area and clean it up one day...i explained to them that in the States, volunteers from churches, schools, (and prisons, haha) will often go out to the streets and pick up litter...they laughed at me.

just so you know...i encourage people to visit Egypt all the time and my family didn't comment on the trash at all...they loved it, (egypt, not the trash [Wink] ) and would love to visit again and see even more...

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Shahrazat there is trash around the pyramids and temples. That street next to the pyramids where tourists hire cameles or horses is filthy.
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree *7ayat*, the streets around the pyramids are full of rubbish. [Frown]

I agree also walkingtheline, most people i speak to say the rubbish put them off Egypt. When i was teaching, i told the children about that (picking up trash) and asked them if they would help. My school was in the pyramids area they also looked at me like i was mad. The headteacher even commented that the childrens parents would be in uproar about it. [Frown] So it was just me and 2 other wierd foriegn women doing it [Big Grin] We got some wierd looks believe me but really after alittle time the surrounding area was alittle cleaner, people tended to be alittle more careful. So small steps is the way [Wink]

I wonder what it looks like now? I wonder if they kept it up [Frown]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Shahrazat there is trash around the pyramids and temples. That street next to the pyramids where tourists hire cameles or horses is filthy.

Anyone else know this street [Big Grin] ??
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Oh come on you know what I mean [Smile]
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

quote:

okey for my next trip I will open my eyes wide to see those trashes [Smile]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Oh come on you know what I mean [Smile]

What did I say ?

The street stinks and there are garbage dumps there, I was just joking with people that have been there with me before.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
mashi ya ma3allem [Smile] or is it ma3allema? I'm not sure [Smile]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
You haven't been paying much attention here, have you [Big Grin] ?
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Btw, there's nothing even remotely exciting about nude beaches. [Wink]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Dalia, please stop saying NUDE or VB will show up again with another 'you had me with...'. [Big Grin] [Razz]

BTW, I've also been to a nude beach and I agree. It's not a bunch of big breasted models, it's mostly a lot of flappy sagging skin and leathery skin...yuk. I was scarred for life. [Frown]

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

quote:
Dalia, please stop saying NUDE or VB will show up again with another 'you had me with...'. [Big Grin] [Razz]

BTW, I've also been to a nude beach and I agree. It's not a bunch of big breasted models, it's mostly a lot of flappy sagging skin and leathery skin...yuk. I was scarred for life. [Frown]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I never have been on a nude-beach. There is a kind of naturism-cult, where people spend their holiday/free time together, all naked. The back-laying thought in it is that we are all the same, and as soon as we take off our clothes, cultural aspects as status, social class, wealth, etc. are taken away.
I knew some of these people, but I don't believe in their intentions, the ones who I have met, I don't feel comfrotable with, even when I didn't know about the way they spend their free time.
The kind of people that are standing to close to you...

--------------------

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Oh ok. I'll try to keep any suggestive expressions out of my posts. [Big Grin]

quote:

I didn't mean to say that people there are necessarily ugly or offputting (although some are, of course). I think it's more the general atmosphere, same thing as in mixed saunas, for example. People don't go there to stare or get turned on, and if you did you'd get kicked out 3alatool, it is simply not expected or tolerated in those places. And also, I guess, if everyone is naked, it becomes kind of normal, there is nothing remotely erotic about it.

Btw, here's an interesting article about nudity in Germany:
Get Naked with the Germans

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I'm afraid to open it. [Frown] Is it nude??
Dalia*
Member # 10593

There's a tiny picture of two nude people lying on their bellies accompanying the article, so if you can handle that you'll be ok I guess. [Cool]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Times indeed must have changed. I lived in Munich 12 years ago, I've also been to the English Garden in the summertime there and haven't seen any naked people enjoying themselves.

I do not think it's the right place to be nude when families are around.

PS: I loved Angela's latest pics where she showed some cleavage, she looked very elegant and not at all cheap. Two thumbs up! [Wink]

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/lena_semaan/2008/04/leading_from_the_front.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Eek!] WOW she was showing MORE than 'some cleavage'.

Thanks Dalia, as long as there ARE some nudes I'll be sure to open it (just kidding). [Wink] [Razz]

Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The UAE has a sovereign fund of approximately 900 billion dollars(that's 900 billion cash), 10% of that to Egypt by way of non-interest loan and payable over 90 years could literally transform Egypt and eliminate any problems discussed here.
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Exiled: could you please explain further how money is going to solve those problems that are in the original article, which I interpreted as being problems with the authoritarian government? Thanks!

--------------------
"It's very important to learn how to weasel out of things. It's what separates us from the animals...except the weasel." ~Homer J. Simpson

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com