EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » International phone calls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: International phone calls
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's the best home phone card to make international phone calls [to Europe] ?? which one gives the best rate/tarrif?
Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dunno...try SKYPE internet phone, cheap, fast and easy

--------------------
"It's very important to learn how to weasel out of things. It's what separates us from the animals...except the weasel." ~Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i use callingcardplus.com "African treasure" the best i have found
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs
Member # 14666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can always use skype , just sign in , buy prepaid credit online using your credit card . and use it from your pc...or your notebook , i use it all over the world...very wonderful connection , voice is better than regular phones...and it is so cheap and so safe ..and you can use it anywhere in the world..calling anywhere you want.
www.skype.com
good luck

Posts: 151 | From: hidden somewhere | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use skype as well but I don't think there is always a 'wonderful connection' [Frown] .
But ok, it is cheap. [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do u know what is the tarrif to phone Uk?
Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs
Member # 14666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
I use skype as well but I don't think there is always a 'wonderful connection' [Frown] .
But ok, it is cheap. [Smile]

the connection is in it`s best results if you are logged online DSL .
if you have Dial Up ; connection is poor .

Posts: 151 | From: hidden somewhere | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I had major problems with Skype tonight - I was supposed to make two long business calls, but the quality was dreadful - the internet speed was appalling on both my DSl and my USB thingy.

I had to ring one client on my mobile this evening to say I was sorry I couldn't call - cost me 15LE for just over a minute [Frown] instead of the 10pst a minute Skype costs me.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try Easycall.
You register with them by phone which just takes a few minutes, then you can make international calls from your landline for very good rates. The money will be collected at your door.
The number to register is 02 - 2448 4351

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Thankyou.
Skype is a rip-off in my opinion, they even have the nerve to charge some sort of connection fee - for what? bad connection?.
anyway, I ended up using some VOIP service, free calls to selected countries (landline), and I still have my money left

I also used Easy call, they were fast and easy - I think they changed there name to marhaba call?>

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What country are you calling from/to Paradise?

I have done several skype to skype calls (completely free - very good sound quality) in the past 4 days - and some where I've called a UK landline - and it works out at 1p a minute approx. Very good value. No connection fees paid. I won't call UK mobiles because that is very expensive (though cheaper than calling them from an Egyptian mob or landline)

Skype sound quality is highly dependent on the internet connection - if I have a bad broadband connection then the quality is terrible, but if I get a good connection its extremely good.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com