EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Need ur opinion on Hyundai Elantra (new shape

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need ur opinion on Hyundai Elantra (new shape
Micia
Member # 2907

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Micia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey fellas..
Need to change my car..and was thinking of the New shape of Elantra..
have tried to ask around and check how good/ bad that car is but could not get enuf info..

Can any1 help me with his/ her comment / opinion on that car? or even any other recommendations b4 i have all my money spent on sum lousy vehicle?

Thanks alot
ciao

Micia

Posts: 155 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
encrypted
Member # 13625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for encrypted         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy a tank
Posts: 147 | From: Auto's World | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Micia
Member # 2907

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Micia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by encrypted:
Buy a tank

I need ur help not ur sarcam babe
Posts: 155 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
encrypted
Member # 13625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for encrypted         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got no sarcam buddy boy....you got sarcam?
Posts: 147 | From: Auto's World | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Micia:
Hey fellas..
have tried to ask around and check how good/ bad that car is but could not get enuf info..

Can any1 help me with his/ her comment / opinion on that car? or even any other recommendations b4 i have all my money spent on sum lousy vehicle?

Thanks alot
ciao

Micia

full of fabrics totally weak and engine doesn't live that much

i would go with lancer better its really up to money limit you wanna put on a car

cheers
amr
amr

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lancer is better but with the price of Lancer 2008, will go with Civic.
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
elantra is a good car. still a kia. Civics interior is crap and cheap. Lancer is ok. isnt this in egypt and the motor is gona be a 1.8L any way?

--------------------

Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey fellas..

Thanks alot
ciao

Micia

It’s a nice car, and looks good too. If it’s a 1.8 or even a 1.6 it is well worth it because despite oil subsidy in Egypt, you never know what will occur tomorrow. It is expected that a barrel of oil will reach $150 by the end of the year. A 1.6 will give you more than enough power to go up and down all of egypt at any speed and with the A/C on full blast, what more could you ask for?

There are many happy owners who bought this car: http://www.carsurvey.org/model_Hyundai_Elantra.html

Read their opinions and judge for yourself, I have ridden in elantras several times (taxis) and they are comfortable.

This is one of the cars I looked at, but I opted for a Peugeot as I preferred an either French manufactured car (poissy) or a Japanese manufactured car, the Peugeot also fits my style [Big Grin] , Good luck with your car shopping and if you have any additional questions simply PM me.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually own an Elantra, but it's a 2001.
I've been totally happy with it though. No problems to speak of except now things are starting to need replacing. After 7 years it can't be like new though yeah?
I think it's a great car for the price, at least here in the states. Not sure what the cost is in Egypt.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drove a new Verna the last two months while in Egypt. It got around great, had plenty of power and car was small enough to fit down tight streets. I was able to squeeze it into tight parking spots pretty easy too.

The Elantra body is a little bit bigger and more fancy options I think, but handles better on the highway (note that I didnt have any problems in Verna but I wasn't racing either heh). Our neighbor in Egypt had a new Elantra, very nice looking car. You probably cant go wrong getting one, just keep in mind where you'll be parking most of the time in relation to the size of the car is all.

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
After 7 years it can't be like new though yeah?

I think it's a great car for the price, at least here in the states. Not sure what the cost is in Egypt.

I think you take good care of your car [Smile] Many cars start to experience more than minor problems after 100,000 miles or after 5 years. This is just an estimate because Saab at one point boasted about one of its car owners who put 1,000,000 miles on his Saab.

Cars in Egypt are pricey, especially ones with more powerful engines.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by Ford Prefect:
I drove a new Verna the last two months while in Egypt. It got around great, had plenty of power and car was small enough to fit down tight streets. I was able to squeeze it into tight parking spots pretty easy too.

The Elantra body is a little bit bigger and more fancy options I think, but handles better on the highway (note that I didnt have any problems in Verna but I wasn't racing either heh). Our neighbor in Egypt had a new Elantra, very nice looking car. You probably cant go wrong getting one, just keep in mind where you'll be parking most of the time in relation to the size of the car is all.

Good point, as we all know that cars in Egypt age in dog years, the bigger the body the more likely it will be bumped into, scratched and simply harassed [Big Grin]

One thing about the verna and other cars in general is to find out where the car was actually manufactured. The same model is not simply the same model, a car manufactured in an advanced country and preferably in the original plant tends to be of superior quality than one that is manufactured in a third world country under license. The verna is a good example because it is manufactured in several countries even though it is Korean. You don't have to worry about the elantra because it is manufactured in Korea. Just think about it, would someone want the same model that is manufactured in a car plant that pays employees $20+ an hour or one that pays employees $3 an hour?

Get your money's worth!

tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an elantra and i really like it. I have not had many problems- just basic replacement. very depenable car for the money. I use to drive an SUV- the elantra is so much better on gas. I will never go back to an SUV.

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Civic interior is crap and cheap, where do you live man.

quote:
Originally posted by Egypt_TaeKwonDo:
elantra is a good car. still a kia. Civics interior is crap and cheap. Lancer is ok. isnt this in egypt and the motor is gona be a 1.8L any way?

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey fellas..

Thanks alot
ciao

Micia

Dear Micia,
Elantra is a nice car but why dont you try to get a Mitsubishi, Still Elantra is a Korean car and the Japanese cars are known for better performance and durability.
I think the Elantra is a nice car and its shape is cool too, i like it and i think its the best you can get within this budget, its much better than the Toyota yaris, KIA or the Chinese cars in the market
best of luck and keep us posted

What color are you getting?

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
It is nice car but very low in the back, so a tall guy has to bend.

quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
I actually own an Elantra, but it's a 2001.
I've been totally happy with it though. No problems to speak of except now things are starting to need replacing. After 7 years it can't be like new though yeah?

Exiled
Member # 14410

and no matter what kind of car you buy, make sure you give your bowab a sponge large enough to clean your car (they sell these somewhere). you would'nt want him cleaning your new car with the tiny kitchen rag he cleans everything and anything with [Big Grin]

Tell him ezzayak ya 3am al hag, ista3mil deh L'tentheef sayarati (how you doing dude, use this to clean my car) [Big Grin]

Viasue
Member # 12253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viasue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey..
As the owner of new elantra..
I purchased it July 2007, by the way.
Reasonable price compare with others which has simiral options.
Compare with lancer, elantra has much better ability to react instantly while you're driving in high speed.
But weak in cornering and littlebit unstable handle touch specially over the 100km/h.
Actually in states, reserch shows that new elantra get much more higher grade than lancer.
But in egypt, if you think about the prices for the auto parts, lancer is cheaper than new elantra.

Posts: 20 | From: Maadi | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muby
Member # 12717

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as sue said, the new elantra is very cool , but it's not stable at all over 100km/h, i recommend for you Brilliance Splendor, it's very wonderfull car Assembled by BMW, as well as BMW techniques apply on it, it's very stable & smooth on the High Speed, it's Motor 1600 CC, Full Option, Super Sallon, u must try this car 1st & see it before taking any decision & buy any car, u'll not regret, ah it's price range from 105,000 to 110,000 L.E
Posts: 51 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com