EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » allergies in egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: allergies in egypt?
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stupid question probably but do people get allergies in Egypt? Are there times of the year where pollen is abound and people sneeze? My husband swears I have a cold but I really have nasty springtime allergies and when I try to explain it he just looks at me funny so I don't think I'm explaining it properly.

Just curious. Thanks!

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptians are well aware of allergies.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there's a normal allergy season over there like we get here in the spring and fall? That was really the question.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are probably allergic to something here. It really affected me a month or two ago. Try Claritine from the pharmacy, it really helps. Explain (kindly) to your husband the differences between cold and allergy symptoms. When I did the same everyone looked at me like I was from another planet. Thank God the pharmacist validated my points and symptoms...and since any sort of doctorate here is considered nothing shy of GOD I have been given honorary validation as well. [Big Grin]

Tell him you need allergy meds, ask for Clairitine and watch your symptoms improve within 48 hours~

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep my hubby has hay fever this week from the garden pollen and the blossom from the trees. The palm pollen is rife at the moment in Cairo too.
All our fruit trees are in blossom and fruiting so the garden is amass of pollen.
Claritine is great as Smuckers said.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Smucks - I'm in boston but our pollen level is through the roof. I already take Claritin daily but this season is worse than any season I've ever experienced so I'm sneezing all day everyday for the past few days. Maybe I'll double up on my dose, though hubby swears I just need to drink hot lemonade.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not living there so that's a non issue. The question is more, are Egyptians aware of allergies or do they all think it's just a cold?

The answer is, no they don't *all* think it's just a cold. Some of them experience allergies due to certain triggers or seasonal allergies. Just like any other human on this Earth.

quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
So there's a normal allergy season over there like we get here in the spring and fall? That was really the question.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

So because I'm not living there I'm not allowed to be curious about the allergies that exist in my husband's country? Geesh Cheezy are you ok today? LOL
perpetually late
Member # 15192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for perpetually late     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Stupid question probably but do people get allergies in Egypt? Are there times of the year where pollen is abound and people sneeze? My husband swears I have a cold but I really have nasty springtime allergies and when I try to explain it he just looks at me funny so I don't think I'm explaining it properly.

Just curious. Thanks!

Stupid question indeed. Do people get cancer in Egypt too?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cocoa
Member # 15068

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocoa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe try using emoticons so he can understand you better, k?
Posts: 47 | From: PA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

awww cheezy's friends are here! I missed you guys!!! Especially you, Sarah! ((((Hugs)))))
cocoa
Member # 15068

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocoa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So now not only have you made yourself look like a total dumbass (again) but you managed to also let everyone know that you think your husband isn't too bright either. Hooray!
Posts: 47 | From: PA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs
Member # 14666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe I'll double up on my dose,

you cann`t double up the dose hun , Claritine works with one pill a day...if you take two it will work exactly the same , if you take three same result. good luck ,
i`m in Egypt now , and it is allergy season and i`m also sneezing , an Egyptian friend of ours told us that he has this every year starting from March till end of june .

Posts: 151 | From: hidden somewhere | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com