EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » My Son is coming! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Son is coming!
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally my son has booked a flight and is coming on Weds. It will be the first time any of my family have been to Egypt and the first time any will have met hubby [Big Grin] Anyone got any tips? [Confused]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, I'll bet you're nervous and happy at the same time! [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well since hes not use to the egyptian culture take it slow with him!!
make sure he knows he cant flirt with the women like he can in his country...like if my son was goin he couldnt survive he likes women too much and drinkin!!!
i cant speak too much on yr son cas i know nothin about him his age or culture!!!but anyways im happy hes visitin ya so u will be more relaxed and happy.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks guys. I am nervous as hell but really excited too. Hes not one to be flirting anyway and rarely drinks, might have a beer but thats about it. He's only ever been round Europe so this will be a culture shock for him even though hes seen pics and videos of mine before, its not the same as being here [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long does he plan to stay?
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u know alot of people that travel learn to adapt!!
so maybe hes as nervous as u are??
i know yr his mom and for that he will cherish his visit more!!!
just show him a good time and never forget!!!
if he messes up ur mom and u can still spank his hiney!!!!!
jokin

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, no one has visited you so far in Egypt? Has anyone of your family ever visit Egypt?

I had numerous times people visiting me and I remember my mom came within a year three times and stayed for a couple of weeks which was great because someone cooked for me!! [Big Grin]

Enjoy your time with your son, Ayisha!! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hes staying 2 weeks. None of my family have ever been to Egypt TL, there are so many grandkids it would cost a small fortune for them all to come [Big Grin] My daughters have never travelled out of UK! My son is the only one thats ever travelled anywhere, he caught the travel bug a while back after I did. Im glad its him thats coming and not the girls though to be honest. He is more adaptable whereas my eldest would be trying to clean everything in sight, the dust would do her head in and the youngest has a food thing, everything has to be spotless and untouched, can you imagine that in Egypt [Big Grin]

My son knows all about Egypt though as his 2 daughters have been doing it at school [Roll Eyes]

Friends have been here and I have a couple coming back for a week the same day my son goes home so looks like I will be doing tourist stuff for 3 weeks! [Eek!]

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it looks like you gonna be pretty busy for the next few weeks. Ayisha the tour guide!! [Wink] Let us know how your son adapted to Egypt and what his thoughts are. Don't force him up on a camel the very first day, take it slowly with him! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I thought we would start with a donkey and work up to a camel [Big Grin]

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Present him a tent upon sleeping time and watch his eyes!! [Big Grin]
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Finally my son has booked a flight and is coming on Weds. It will be the first time any of my family have been to Egypt and the first time any will have met hubby [Big Grin] Anyone got any tips? [Confused]

That's great!

It was similar for us during our wedding, my parents came, but my brother could not make it. My wife's side of the family helped a lot! Outside of wedding prep, her brother and cousins showed them all around Cairo [Smile]

I don't have any tips other than, don't panic, smile, have fun, and enjoy your time with them [Big Grin]

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He's only ever been round Europe so this will be a culture shock for him even though hes seen pics and videos of mine before, its not the same as being here [Big Grin]

Pharahonic splendour is one hell of a cultural shock [Eek!]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

He'll be happy to see you happy and who knows he might like it for himself (egypt that is). I have no tips for Luxor, call Shareen or MD if that hag is still alive [Big Grin]

Have a lovely time with your boy [Smile]

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

inshalah all goes for the best and i hope your son enjoy Egypt i know luxor would be a night mare in summer
Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Exiled:
quote:

He'll be happy to see you happy and who knows he might like it for himself (egypt that is). I have no tips for Luxor, call Shareen or MD if that hag is still alive [Big Grin]

He knows Shareen from back home, we will probably sail with her or certainly with her boat [Big Grin] MD is alive and well thank you and not a hag [Mad]

He now has my shopping list so the flight may be a little heavy on one side [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha,
I hope you have a nice time with your son and hope he enjoys Egypt! [Smile]

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Exiled:
quote:

He knows Shareen from back home, we will probably sail with her or certainly with her boat [Big Grin] MD is alive and well thank you and not a hag [Mad]

He now has my shopping list so the flight may be a little heavy on one side [Big Grin]

Shareen has a boat to take your boy on, that's nice and tell her I said hi – even though I know she reads ES [Wink] So you ladies have a little entrepreneurship experience going on, how about a genuine English pub down there, with real draft beer, real food and continuous supply of a variety of imported beer? Or is one available already? Just an idea that i think could be lucrative considering the expat population and tourists.
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
dunes there are pubs here! There is Kings Head, a Bob Marley pub that is exactly like being in a pub back home, I remember that far back [Big Grin] They do a cracking burger though [Big Grin] Pub2000 we go regular for egg chips and beans [Big Grin]

The draft beer I dont think would work, the imported ANYTHING costs a fortune so its Stella, Luxor or Sakkara beer. To get any shorts you have to mug every tourist on arrival and drag them to the duty free or plead with them to bring it over, soooo not worth the hassle, I dont need booze to get rich on [Wink]

I will tell shareen you said hi if she misses this thread though.

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Two more days until your son arrives Ayisha?
I guess we won't hear from you for a couple of weeks. Have a great visit!! [Smile]

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
dunes there are pubs here! There is Kings Head, a Bob Marley pub that is exactly like being in a pub back home, I remember that far back [Big Grin] They do a cracking burger though [Big Grin] Pub2000 we go regular for egg chips and beans [Big Grin]

The draft beer I dont think would work, the imported ANYTHING costs a fortune so its Stella, Luxor or Sakkara beer. To get any shorts you have to mug every tourist on arrival and drag them to the duty free or plead with them to bring it over, soooo not worth the hassle, I dont need booze to get rich on [Wink]

I will tell shareen you said hi if she misses this thread though.

I agree there are many business options that are more or less halal. I was being objective and didn't have you specifically in mind but rather in general. I think the imported beer could work if the supply is continuous because the reputation of a place takes a hit when the supply is erratic. There are people who will be willing to buy imported beer at thirty L.E a pint. And even if not many the availability and option to buy it adds value to the a pub. Anyway though, you are right there are many other options. It just seems that such a business as this given planning, proper management and quality service would be a low risk endeavor in luxor. They might have King head, bob marley pub and whatever else but a geniuine pub is one that actually serves a variety of international beers.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I guess we won't hear from you for a couple of weeks. Have a great visit!! [Smile]

lands 6.40pm weds! am wading in water these past 2 nights cleaning [Roll Eyes] where does the sludge come from in less than a week [Frown]

Dunes I think there have been a few try, there are other pubs but not been in them, it depends what they serve as food to get me in them [Big Grin]

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But of course I read the board, just not as often as I would like to Dunes!
Entrepreneurial skills are very much in evidence here in sunny Luxor. Ayisha is busy with her own business and I have branched out of anything to do with tourism and hardly have a minute to myself now.
But my felucca will busy I expect, and if Ayisha thinks she is sailing without me, she has another think coming!

Ayisha, I will be round once the cleaning is all done!!

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:

Ayisha, I will be round once the cleaning is all done!!

saving the cooker for you mate, come quick [Big Grin]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
quote:

lands 6.40pm weds! am wading in water these past 2 nights cleaning [Roll Eyes] where does the sludge come from in less than a week [Frown]

Dunes I think there have been a few try, there are other pubs but not been in them, it depends what they serve as food to get me in them [Big Grin]

I feel for you, I'll be doing the same on Thursday for the babys bd party. I hope he has a nice time, I'm sure you'll cry to see him go so enjoy everyday and let us know how it went. [Wink]
Tibe-at-work
Member # 14907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe-at-work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhh how exciting. Have a super nice holiday togther with your son,- Ayisha. He will love it there and a woman that is happy has a special glow even a son will notice.
Posts: 281 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha, have a wonderful time with your son and don't worry about the cleaning too much,,,boys don't notice LOL. Mine will be coming in June as well but has been many times before but still will be lovely to have him with us.

Enjoy you time and hope it will be the start of many visits in the future.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[

I feel for you, I'll be doing the same on Thursday for the babys bd party. I hope he has a nice time, I'm sure you'll cry to see him go so enjoy everyday and let us know how it went. [Wink] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Smucks you have alot to learn! you leave the house exactly as it is then clean AFTER the party LOL
Have a lovely first birthday party, nothing quite like the first time they try to blow out the candle [Smile]
Now I have to find 20 candles from somewhere for my sons birthday when he is with us in June but I can remember that 1st candle like it was just yesterday.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
but I can remember that 1st candle like it was just yesterday.

Yup, I remember that so well too especially about our first child. [Smile]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

You guys are going to make me cry. [Frown]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Penny is right!! clean up AFTER!

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Well then, Ayisha, tomorrow is the day! Have a wonderful time with your son!! [Smile]
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great time, Ayisha. I'm sure your son will love Luxor. How could he not?
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha, have a great time with your son. I am sure he will fall in love with Egypt [Smile] Hope he has packed all your items you miss from the UK....if he must remember 1 item it has to be that Warburtons bread [Big Grin]

Can you imagine the man at customs if he opened the case and found it packed with Warburtons bread? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

See you back here in 2 weeks Ayisha [Smile]

Amanda x x

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Congratulations
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB] dunes there are pubs here! There is Kings Head, a Bob Marley pub that is exactly like being in a pub back home, I remember that far back [Big Grin] They do a cracking burger though [Big Grin] Pub2000 we go regular for egg chips and beans [Big Grin]

Various places in Luxor have had draft beer, over the years, but high prices, fluctuating availability and inconsistent demand meant that the quality was often poor. My husband tells me that our favourite hotel once sold draft beer at around 40/50 LE a pint. For indifferent quality fizz, it didn't attract many takers. The Irish pub also had Guinness on draft.

The pubs in Luxor have to be the most miserable on the face of the earth. The King's Head is probably the closest to a 'British' pub, in theory! To me, the pub type bars in Luxor have absolutely no appeal. Even the company of good friends and 'egg and chips' wouldn't convince me otherwise. Sorry, Ayisha!

Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I dont normally do pubs anyway Lumos, but Pub2000 is only round the corner to me so handy for meeting up and its the beans of egg chips and beans that does it [Big Grin] My idea of a decent pub is the country ones back home with the open fire going in the winter and the tables outside in the summer. Not on my list of things I miss though, im happier sat at Kababjy watching the boats, which I will have a bit of time for as from tomorrow [Big Grin]

flat is spick and span, just gotta haul him and his cases of Warburtons up the 69 steps now [Big Grin] oh and keep fingers crossed he doesnt miss the flight [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Oh don't get nervous now; he's gonna be with you very shortly! [Smile]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
I dont normally do pubs anyway Lumos, but Pub2000 is only round the corner to me so handy for meeting up and its the beans of egg chips and beans that does it [Big Grin] My idea of a decent pub is the country ones back home with the open fire going in the winter and the tables outside in the summer. Not on my list of things I miss though, im happier sat at Kababjy watching the boats, which I will have a bit of time for as from tomorrow [Big Grin]

flat is spick and span, just gotta haul him and his cases of Warburtons up the 69 steps now [Big Grin] oh and keep fingers crossed he doesnt miss the flight [Roll Eyes]

Oh Ayisha don't start me off getting nervous about missing flights now, it will be the first time my son has flown out alone, have sent him back alone many times, but that was always ok as had police friends at the airport to check he got on the plane. I have even bought the VISA and stuck it in his passport! but that assumes he can remember to pick the passport up in the first place...I'm off now worrying on 101 things a young man can forget to do when travelling alone. Will he remember to lock the house, turn the water off......aaahhhhh
Will have a few more grey hairs by the time I'm waiting at Cairo airport in 21/2 weeks time.

Lumos
Member # 14589

quote:

Ayisha, has your son booked an extra seat for all the Warbutons? I have to confess to buying a loaf, following your recommendation, as I'd never tried it. We normally have wholegrain bread, but this was a great breakfast treat - toasted, with butter! I overlooked the vital bean element in the egg, chips and beans - a true British classic. [Cool]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
well he managed to get here, although flight delay for 40 minutes [Roll Eyes]

3 loaves of Warburtons, 2 packs of crumpets [Eek!] BOURNVILLE CHOC, fry chocolate cream, sainsburys tea and even a jar of gold blend [Big Grin] Bless him

hes now out on the balcony watching 'life in Luxor' [Roll Eyes]

I think he likes it although he thinks its hot, he didnt land till 7.15pm and he thinks THIS is hot, whats he going to think in the DAY? [Big Grin]

--------------------

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crumpets, for God's sake save me one. I love them dripping with butter and marmite

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I might save you one IF you're really really good [Wink]

--------------------

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please please, I will do a free Egyptology lecture and a dip in my pool

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Enjoy your son Ayisha! [Wink]
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you have a good time with your son Ayisha. [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Please please, I will do a free Egyptology lecture and a dip in my pool

Ayisha...don't give in too easily, the list might get longer yet [Big Grin]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
latest report, hubby and son getting on great, I think I will be trailing round after 2 men for 2 weeks now [Roll Eyes] I got left inside while they spent a few hours putting the world to rights on the balcony last night till the early hours [Roll Eyes] Son has many new friends including a 10 year old he adopted in the souk [Roll Eyes]

Akshar, no need to keep phoning to see if your crumpet is still ok, its fine and sitting in the freezer! im holding out for 2 dips in the pool before I allow it out though [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------

DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pikelets!

[Smile]

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
no dawn, pikelets are thinner than crumpets, these are thick juicy warburtons crumpets, still in my freezer saved for special occassions [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com