EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Phoning from Canada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Phoning from Canada
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to phone Egypt from Canada, is there a decent service that usually gets a clear line, are particular times better than others, what about costs?

Hope to hear from you soon [Smile]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea about calls from Canada to Egypt, but I am glad to see you around Newcomer. I was beginning to worry, glad you are well. [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to have been missed...I just went and got me a life [Wink]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Nice to have been missed...I just went and got me a life [Wink]

You are funny and here i am thinking that you were upset with me or something [Big Grin] I missed you too! [Smile]
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for joueur ( Hocus Pocus)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Skype & Good luck [Smile]
Posts: 338 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viewable
Member # 6331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for viewable         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Just wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to phone Egypt from Canada, is there a decent service that usually gets a clear line, are particular times better than others, what about costs?

Hope to hear from you soon [Smile]

All the same or very similar in quality of service and price. The problem I found with all of them is that I have to pay a monthly fee to get the discount and I did not use it enough to justify it.

I prefer using calling cards. You can pick them up at any variety store or gas station. The cost of calling Egypt on these cards could be as low as 10 cents a minute.

Posts: 174 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have rogers home phone- its .29cents a min. anytime of day

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Thanks for the advice everyone. The reason I am asking is because Skype is soooo unreliable; the calls get dropped too often and the voice quality is too poor most of the time to make it a viable option for anything other than a short call.

For anyone using Skype, does speed of dsl service you are using make a difference to the quality of the call?

Also landline calls seem to be poor quality too and the line is often said to be busy when the phone is not in use.

When calling to an Egypt landline, are there particular times that are better to call than others or is it just hit and miss, either on a plan or with a card?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com