EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Medical restrictions for bringing hairballs into Misr?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Medical restrictions for bringing hairballs into Misr?
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly Satanmademedoit would know this.

What are the restrictions on bringing a pet into Egypt as a companion animal?

Not quite a communcable disease but more the quality of life conditions, aging diseases and so forth.

And I know already the pet needs to be cleared by a vet with official paperwork and exams.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sono

what breed of animal is a Hairball?

[Confused]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peach sponge cake:
Sono

[Confused]

How would breed make a difference? Are refering to species; cat, dog, ferret or what-have you?
Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sono

[Confused]

How would breed make a difference? Are refering to species; cat, dog, ferret or what-have you?
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your thread asks 'bringing hairballs into Masr'

Is it a breed of cat or something?

There are some weird names for animals but never heard of a hairball as a breed.

Do you mean are there restriction on bringing animals WITH hairballs in?

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:

And I know already the pet needs to be cleared by a vet with official paperwork and exams.

There you go, you know everything already!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She believes that bringing a cat to her small child will replace not being there everyday as her mum.
S cat is much better than a mum. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
MEOW

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Egypt is overrun by cats who lead miserable lives. So I would strongly advise Sono OPT TO ADOPT!

Or no Egyptian cat for her, Bastet?? [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called "MASR" YA BENTI!!!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

So no actual answers, just the usual b*tching.

Www.miuegypt.edu.eg
Www.banquemisr.com
Www.bankmisr.com.eg
Www.itmisr.com
Www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misr
Www.mibank.com.eg
Www.misrinternationalfilms.com

And most convincingly:

Www.misr.gov.eg

7ayat do you want to go back and to explain to 194,000 domain name holders and most online dictionaries and encloypedias, let alone the government itself that they are spelling Misr wrong.

--------------------
Offend one offend all during the season.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Egyptians use both terms.
Member # 14248

Sono is right

It is spelled Misr and is pronunced Misr in standard, but it is pronounced Masr by the people.

I spelt it Masr because that is the way it is said. My mistake.............

anyway whats a hairball Sono? still wondering

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Sono, one of my 12 year old furballs has a heart murmur grade 2 and I talked with the vet about bringing her here, and the vet said she would be ok to travel unless the murmur got much worse (don't ask me about the grades!).

I think the restrictions will be more about the capability of the animal to travel a long distance rather than anything here. For British Airways, they will not let an animal travel if it is unable to stand unaided (i.e. it must not be sedated).

I'm sure however that if the animal was missing a leg or some such then some other test would apply.

When my girl was ill last month with her haematomas preventing her moving her legs, the vet was not hopeful given her age, but when she examined her she was amazed that, for example, her general physical condition was that of a much younger Egyptian cat and was totally amazed at how well she recovered.

What are the medical issues with your hairball?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sono is right

It is spelled Misr and is pronunced Misr in standard, but it is pronounced Masr by the people.

I hate to break it to you honey, but I AM EGYPTIAN, and I think I know how my country's name is pronounced. Misr is the classical term that is used in official print or by newspeople, anchorwomen, or any official address. But for the usual normal every day Egyptian it is Masr. But if you and Sonomod go to Egypt and start saying "Misr" the people will laugh in your faces.

Now where on earth did you get the idea that it is pronounced "Misr" by standard? hmm? from ES? or from Sonomod?

Only on ES would a foreigner correct an Egyptian on how to pronounce Egypt ufff aghbieya!

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangang
Member # 15126

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
quote:
Sono is right

I hate to break it to you honey, but I AM EGYPTIAN, and I think I know how my country's name is pronounced. Misr is the classical term that is used in official print or by newspeople, anchorwomen, or any official address. But for the usual normal every day Egyptian it is Masr. But if you and Sonomod go to Egypt and start saying "Misr" the people will laugh in your faces.

Now where on earth did you get the idea that it is pronounced "Misr" by standard? hmm? from ES? or from Sonomod?

Only on ES would a foreigner correct an Egyptian on how to pronounce Egypt ufff aghbieya!

This is the correct member.
Unreality Meanie knows squat about [misr] !as
always.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
So no actual answers, just the usual b*tching.

Www.miuegypt.edu.eg
Www.banquemisr.com
Www.bankmisr.com.eg
Www.itmisr.com
Www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misr
Www.mibank.com.eg
Www.misrinternationalfilms.com

And most convincingly:

Www.misr.gov.eg

7ayat do you want to go back and to explain to 194,000 domain name holders and most online dictionaries and encloypedias, let alone the government itself that they are spelling Misr wrong.

It is the OFFICIAL term not the standard that is used.

Tigerlily is right. Both terms are used. Misr for the official use, and Masr for the regular every day use. But since you are not planning to be an anchorwoman any time soon, I don't think you should be going around telling people Misr.

Member # 14248

quote:
quote:
Sono is right

If you re read my post you will find that I have said the exact same thing as you.
No need to be so rude.

Spelt Misr
Standard ( classical )pronounced Misr
Pronounced Masr in Egypt by the people.

I was saying that Sono was correct because she spelt it in the heading Misr, just like all the signs here on the Egyptian building ( presumably written by Egyptians as Misr.
She was right, I spelt it Masr as it is pronounced.
I was wrong.

No need to be so rude and yes you are right.
Never correct an Egyptian. They are always right no matter what.
[Roll Eyes]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sono is right

If you re read my post you will find that I have said the exact same thing as you.
No need to be so rude.

Spelt Misr
Standard ( classical )pronounced Misr
Pronounced Masr in Egypt by the people.

I was saying that Sono was correct because she spelt it in the heading Misr, just like all the signs here on the Egyptian building ( presumably written by Egyptians as Misr.
She was right, I spelt it Masr as it is pronounced.
I was wrong.

No need to be so rude and yes you are right.
Never correct an Egyptian. They are always right no matter what.
[Roll Eyes]

Never correct an Egyptian on their own culture. You need to read what I wrote ya otta!
viewable
Member # 6331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for viewable         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peach sponge cake:
[qb] Sono is right

just like all the signs here on the Egyptian building ( presumably written by Egyptians as Misr.

Signs in what language?
Posts: 174 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

7ayat text

Misr is the classical term that is used in official print or by newspeople, anchorwomen, or any official address.

My text

It is spelled Misr and is pronunced Misr in standard,

Let me spell my text out to you as you seem to be having a problem understanding English my language.

The meaning of my text is.

In standard arabic/ classical the word for Egypt is pronounced Misr with an i. If you are talking in standard/classical it is also pronounced Misr with an i. Therefore in standard arabic it is both written on the Banque Misr sign for example, in the newspapers, by news readers as MISR with an i.
Now to answer Viewable while we are here the manager of Banque Misr I am sure would have corrected the signs all over Cairo if the spelling was wrong. He presumably spoke enough English to be able to distinguish between the i and the a letter. If not he would have said the word Misr to an English person and asked them to transliterate it into English and when he done that he would have said the second letter was a i.
Same goes for all the other signs all over Egypt.

7ayat text

Me

WRONG!!

Official IS!!!! standard

It is used in an official capacity ie news, papers.

Literary Arabic (اللغة العربية الفصحى al-luġatu l-ʿarabiyyatu l-fuṣḥā "the Eloquent Arabic language") or Standard Arabic is the literary and standard variety of Arabic used in writing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literary_Arabic

so 7ayat literary, standard,classical are all the same and that is my point and that is what I was saying and that is what you were saying.

7ayat text
But for the usual normal every day Egyptian it is Masr.

my text

but it is pronounced Masr by the people.

again the same thing. I said the exact same thing you said.

As I said before I would not presume to correct an Egyptian as yourself.

My husband though is Egyptian and when he read your posts he had no clue what you were on about. He who speaks and writes arabic said that both our texts meant the same thing so what was the problem.

I said that the most likely explanation was that you had a beef with Sono. You jumped in not about her thread but to insult her. You added nothing to her thread or inquiry but took it off on another direction entirely.
Because I apologised to Sono for MY mistake you then decided to have a go at me too.
Now I really didnt expect any less to be honest.

Lets drop it and your insults and leave it that you dont understand English sufficiently well enough to see that what I said was the same as you. It is not your mother tongue and possibly you also learnt American English which would not help either.

I assume that when I said standard you did not know that the Classical is also called standard??

If you Google you will see classes in MSA, the middle word being STANDARD.

Modern Standard Arabic. This is Fussha/official/classical/STANDARD.

Back to the topic

Sono what is a hairball?

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
7ayat text

Misr is the classical term that is used in official print or by newspeople, anchorwomen, or any official address.

My text

It is spelled Misr and is pronunced Misr in standard,

Let me spell my text out to you as you seem to be having a problem understanding English my language.

The meaning of my text is.

In standard arabic/ classical the word for Egypt is pronounced Misr with an i. If you are talking in standard/classical it is also pronounced Misr with an i. Therefore in standard arabic it is both written on the Banque Misr sign for example, in the newspapers, by news readers as MISR with an i.
Now to answer Viewable while we are here the manager of Banque Misr I am sure would have corrected the signs all over Cairo if the spelling was wrong. He presumably spoke enough English to be able to distinguish between the i and the a letter. If not he would have said the word Misr to an English person and asked them to transliterate it into English and when he done that he would have said the second letter was a i.
Same goes for all the other signs all over Egypt.

7ayat text

Me

WRONG!!

Official IS!!!! standard

It is used in an official capacity ie news, papers.

Literary Arabic (اللغة العربية الفصحى al-luġatu l-ʿarabiyyatu l-fuṣḥā "the Eloquent Arabic language") or Standard Arabic is the literary and standard variety of Arabic used in writing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literary_Arabic

so 7ayat literary, standard,classical are all the same and that is my point and that is what I was saying and that is what you were saying.

7ayat text
But for the usual normal every day Egyptian it is Masr.

my text

but it is pronounced Masr by the people.

again the same thing. I said the exact same thing you said.

As I said before I would not presume to correct an Egyptian as yourself.

My husband though is Egyptian and when he read your posts he had no clue what you were on about. He who speaks and writes arabic said that both our texts meant the same thing so what was the problem.

I said that the most likely explanation was that you had a beef with Sono. You jumped in not about her thread but to insult her. You added nothing to her thread or inquiry but took it off on another direction entirely.
Because I apologised to Sono for MY mistake you then decided to have a go at me too.
Now I really didnt expect any less to be honest.

Lets drop it and your insults and leave it that you dont understand English sufficiently well enough to see that what I said was the same as you. It is not your mother tongue and possibly you also learnt American English which would not help either.

I assume that when I said standard you did not know that the Classical is also called standard??

If you Google you will see classes in MSA, the middle word being STANDARD.

Modern Standard Arabic. This is Fussha/official/classical/STANDARD.

Back to the topic

Sono what is a hairball?

On and on you go. Sonomod was wrong Period. I've explained above the difference between Misr and Masr and I won't do it again.

Why is it that every time I argue with someone on ES, they have to tell me that their husband, brother, mother, sister, step daughter, dog or cat is Egyptian? You husband knows very well the difference between the two, and if he doesn't then he is either not Egyptian or is just humouring you.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Why is it that every time I argue with someone on ES, they have to tell me that their husband, brother, mother, sister, step daughter, dog or cat is Egyptian?

Now that's what I call Egyptian humor!! [Big Grin]

Member # 14248

Apology accepted [Wink]
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI - a hairball is a slang term, referring to a cat or a dog.
its an affectionate term, mostly.
unless you don't care for cats or dogs, then it is used with disdain.
another slang term might be fuzzball.

after taking care of a friend's cat for a month, and seeing all the fur all over the couches, I had been referring to her as a hairball and a fuzzball.
with affection, of course.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Ah an answer at last.

Hairballs to me are

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairball

Just thought it might be some new breed of animal when Sono said she thinking of importing one.

Complicated thing language...........

dr hamdy
Member # 15455

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dr hamdy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say 7ayat is Egyptian lady who is so protective of her country to the extent that she don't like anyone talking about it, or living in Egypt that is not Egyptian person. Unless you say wonderful things. Viewable not far behind her in this respect. But do they live in Egypt, that is the question? (I can say what I like I am Egyptian and living in Egypt). [Cool]
Posts: 17 | From: not far from the pyramids | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
masryman
Member # 15463

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for masryman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
peach sponge cake and dr hamdy how are you my friends and thank you. YEG how are you bro
Posts: 218 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viewable
Member # 6331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for viewable         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dr hamdy:
But do they live in Egypt, that is the question?

What difference does it make?
Posts: 174 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
Originally posted by viewable:
quote:
quote:
[qb] Sono is right

just like all the signs here on the Egyptian building ( presumably written by Egyptians as Misr.

Signs in what language?
I've seen the signs in English.

I wonder if that new Justice building in Alex has had a sign in English put up yet. Or for that matter the new soccer stadium.

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dr hamdy:
I would say 7ayat is Egyptian lady who is so protective of her country to the extent that she don't like anyone talking about it, or living in Egypt that is not Egyptian person. Unless you say wonderful things. Viewable not far behind her in this respect. But do they live in Egypt, that is the question? (I can say what I like I am Egyptian and living in Egypt). [Cool]

Problem with that analysis is both went to live in foreign 'western' nations on a spousal visa.

Its ironic you paint both of them hypocrits.

Member # 14248

for Egyptians not living in Egypt

This is the English sign on all the Banques Misr.

Isn't the word Banques from the French..........?

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ah an answer at last.

Hairballs to me are

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairball

Just thought it might be some new breed of animal when Sono said she thinking of importing one.

Complicated thing language...........

I call my cats affectionately "furball" and "Fuzzball" along with "fuzzy butt" and a few unmentionables . . . usually when they have hacked up a "hairball" in the middle of night or when I have sleepily stepped on it.

Regarding the other "topic" that is getting beat to death on this thread . . . NO COMMMENT [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viewable
Member # 6331

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] Sono is right

Signs in what language?

Exactly.....written in English. So when all you experts talk about how it is spelled, you mean how it is spelled in English not in Arabic, which doesn't mean dick.
In Arabic there's only one spelling and two pronunciations which was explained by 7ayat.
What 7ayat does not understand is that people laugh at your faces without having to speak.

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] Sono is right

Signs in what language?

Exactly.....written in English. So when all you experts talk about how it is spelled, you mean how it is spelled in English not in Arabic, which doesn't mean dick.
In Arabic there's only one spelling and two pronunciations which was explained by 7ayat.
What 7ayat does not understand is that people laugh at your faces without having to speak.

Auto you are well aware there is no scientific internationally certified transliteration of the Arabi language written or spoken into English language.

I don't speak Arabi past 100 words of it so why would I bother with any difference between misr and masr?

In respect to officialdom, emigrating domestic felines into MISR is a official, bureaucratic government controlled entrance MISR would be fitting. It's not like Mr. Black luciousness himself, the male love puddy MANCHIE (think 'Chef' from South Park with a tail) would be embraced by half of MASR's population as a remedy for how SHITTY Egypt's male population of the homosapien kind truly is.

If 7ayat really loved and felt truly protective of MASR she would've never left Egypt for a Egyptian only in heritage, not in spoken language, nor in manner, neither spirit.

I am sure the Egyptian female homosapien population really doesn't miss you in the least.

viewable
Member # 6331

Rate Member
quote:
Auto you are well aware there is no scientific internationally certified transliteration of the Arabi language written or spoken into English language.

I don't speak Arabi past 100 words of it so why would I bother with any difference between misr and masr?

In respect to officialdom, emigrating domestic felines into MISR is a official, bureaucratic government controlled entrance MISR would be fitting. It's not like Mr. Black luciousness himself, the male love puddy MANCHIE (think 'Chef' from South Park with a tail) would be embraced by half of MASR's population as a remedy for how SHITTY Egypt's male population of the homosapien kind truly is.

If 7ayat really loved and felt truly protective of MASR she would've never left Egypt for a Egyptian only in heritage, not in spoken language, nor in manner, neither spirit.

I am sure the Egyptian female homosapien population really doesn't miss you in the least.

Do you consume drugs of any kind?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
All you people here need to chill out.... what a nonsense thread!!
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
All you people here need to chill out.... what a nonsense thread!!

I certainly feel very confused at this point . . . and fighting over something so unimportant . . . oh, wait, that's on almost every thread here at ES!! hmmmmm, better get out of here before I get it!
[Wink]
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com