EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » OT: Attention US citizens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: Attention US citizens
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 10 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to buy a US SkypeIn number for US clients without Skype to call me. I have a choice of a wide range of states.

<IYHO>Which state is most 'businesslike'</IYHO>?

(its kind of business consultancy work)

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"most businesslike" . . . what do you mean?

Maybe New York?? they probably have more business ppl, hehe.

Texas, where I live, might be ok . . .we aren't all cowboys and rednecks down here, lol, and we have lots of consultant types including yours truly (computer consultant).

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe well I don't really know much about the US inner workings and how people think so maybe there are some states which people would be sceptical of?

Like where is Hicksville for example - so I can avoid those states.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HandsUpHandsDown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say California. New York could give people the impression of being big biz and snooty.
Posts: 246 | From: but one life to live | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muby
Member # 12717

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 51 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hicksville?? That would include the state that I was born in . . . and most of the surrounding states, hehe, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri . . . oh, Texas touches borders with Arkansas,lol.

California used to be more laid back, but LA is all about hype and business too, although San Francisco is a cool place . . . I'd live in northern California if I could afford to live there, lol . . . Texas is a better bargain property-wise.

I think NYC is more sophisticated than snooty . . . but you can actually find plenty of hicks surrounding all the big metropolitan areas.

SQ, maybe you should just take a dart and throw it at the map, lol!!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
ohhhhhhhhh, i just thought of one for you . . . NEVADA, hehe . . . Las Vegas, baby!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HandsUpHandsDown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Michigan?
Posts: 246 | From: but one life to live | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Massachusetts
Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not Washington - I'm interested none of you said that?
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say either Connecticut, or Massachusetts.
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Morning JB - I had a panic this morning - was having a laid back start to the day - have to leave at 1115 before the nightmare begins, then I had a panic at 1015 and thought Oh My God I'm supposed to be there at 11.. he he he - I sure hope I've got it right else the KGs will be running riot over 6th Oct!
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeema:
Why not Washington - I'm interested none of you said that?

Washington DC?? Why not? I like DC a lot . . . even if it is over run by politicians! They have some really great museums and I just love the International Spy Museum . . . which states that there are more spies per capita in WDC than any other city in the world! LOL, go figure . . . spies and politicians . . they must go hand in hand, ahahahah!

Or maybe you mean Washington state? Well, I haven't been there, but I hear it is a nice place to live and rather laid back too.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com