EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Why do I see more women disrespecting their husbands and fiances?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why do I see more women disrespecting their husbands and fiances?
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't ask me who do I mingle with. They are really great guys, and the women were too until recently. So what happened? Any explaination.
Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like finally Egyptian women getting in charge. Wonderful to hear! The only way is up now!!

Oops.... did I sound too much feminist now??? [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, thanks God they can't buy a gun.....

First of all, you should take a look at the big picture... women in Egypt have always been educated, they've always had a strong role to play, they've always been role models.

http://arabist.net/hatshepsut/?cat=3

But the husbands is usually a higher authority in general and in almost anything (note: I'm not talking here if he is kind or not and if he is going to treat his wife as a queen or not, it's not about it; it's about that he has the authority, he has the power and then it's up to him if he is going to be good and kind or not - and there's a huge difference).

In some other Arab countriesLIKE Saudi Arabia, women begin their lives under the control of a dysfunctional mind which demands that they submit to them in every way.

Some governments are beginning to pay attention to the plight of women. Jordan’s Queen Rania has led the cause, holding Arab women’s conferences and meeting with the media to promote discussion of women's issues. In Morocco, King Mohammed VI has encouraged reform of family laws, to make them more favorable toward women. Recently, Egyptian women won the right to ask for a divorce.

BUT, MY QUESTION IS Why do I see more women disrespecting their husbands and fiances?

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Looks like finally Egyptian women getting in charge. Wonderful to hear! The only way is up now!!

Oops.... did I sound too much feminist now??? [Wink]

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm
why do you see more women disrespecting their husbands?
thats is a very loaded question, and first I would want to know what exactly you mean by disrespect. I mean...what are you seeing that you call disrespect? might be a matter of perspection?

and a possible answer is because they might not be deserving their respect...??

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
hmmm
why do you see more women disrespecting their husbands?
thats is a very loaded question, and first I would want to know what exactly you mean by disrespect. I mean...what are you seeing that you call disrespect? might be a matter of perspection?

and a possible answer is because they might not be deserving their respect...??

Gotta agree JB,if ya aint givin it,ya aint gettin it [Smile]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe-at-work
Member # 14907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe-at-work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If disrespecting is the same as having their own will and own opinion - i find that great.

Never let a man hold you down or think his better than you! If thats disrespect, - then im disrespecting my husband everyday because i see him as my equal and forces him do so with me. I dont put rules and bonds on him but i do expect him to treat me with love and respect - as i do him. We are good at giving each other freedom and space to blossom as a couple and as induvidual.....but it was not easy in the begining - he had to learn it because in his world i was disrespecting him.

Adoula - women of Egypt has not always been educated. Only a small percentage take a long education and only a small percentage (of that percentage) even use the education. Still lots of girls in Egypt that doesnt even go to school. + the education system in Egypt isnt something to applause......

So i dont see where your trying to go with this tread.

Posts: 281 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If disrespecting is the same as having their own will and own opinion - i find that great."

Men who don't find that great will never have healthy, loving, honest relationships.

Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe-at-work
Member # 14907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe-at-work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumos:
"If disrespecting is the same as having their own will and own opinion - i find that great."

Men who don't find that great will never have healthy, loving, honest relationships.

Exactly - and women who dont agree truely have a selfesteem problem.
Posts: 281 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely!
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you interpret as disrespecting?
Are you talking about egyptian women or all women in general?

Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
mmmmmmmm, U ask about what I mean by direspect??

Some women disrespect men in public, treating them like boys, 'dissing' them. Men shy away from this kind of treatment. At the same time, some women who are strong and independent will flaunt their independence.

They do not want or allow the man to do things that make him a man.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"They do not want or allow the man to do things that make him a man."

Except for one thing! [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A man cannot DEMAND respect - he has to earn it.
If a man is acting like a boy, then he will be treated as a boy.
and what THINGS is the so-called MAN doing (in public) that make him a man, in your eyes?
Paying the check at the coffee shop, does not make him a man.
Holding the door for a woman, does not make him a man. I hold the door for anyone - male or female - its just the polite thing to do.

you have to be more specific.

what do you SEE that you THINK is disrespect.??
need exact circumstances.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, when men start treating women with the same respect they give to themselves, and stop believeing that a woman deserves less respect maybe women will return the courtesy.

Treat others how you wish to be treated is a phrase many Egyptian men that I know have never even heard, let alone practiced.

Maybe someone should translate it into arabic and fly a plane accross Egypt everyday, its reall quite simple, yet SOME Egyptian men have no idea what respect is.

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com