EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Hi, my wife gave birth :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi, my wife gave birth :)
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to announce to the world, that we have our first baby boy. [Smile]

Unfortunately she had a c-section and still has horrible pain, this was becuase the baby was not "dropped" we has tangled by the umbilical cord.

The service of the hospitial and staff was great, it's not so bad giving birth in Egypt, in this particular hospital in Alexandria. Our doctor was great too and open minded!

Only problem I had was finding out how to get a birth certificate - still don't have one. I think it's best to go the Ministry of Health.

Thank you

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations to you both, what's his name?
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabrouk!!!

I had 3 c sections and was fine after all, although quite sore for a while. Your wife will need lots of love and rest.

I wish your family all the very best for the future [Smile]

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a father, p_s! How does it feel?? [Smile] Glad that despite of the birth complication everything turned out well. Yes and of course I am also interested to know how you both named your little one - may he only bring sunshine into the lives of you and your wife. I am happy about these wonderful news!! [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations [Smile]

What was his weight? Name?

I hope your wife has a safe and speedy recovery.
Your baby boy will bring you both so much joy.

Best wishes for the future [Smile]

Amanda x

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mabrouk !!
love and best wishes to you all x

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eve&Vin
Member # 14990

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve&Vin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulation.

From what I know, when a woman do a c-section , make sure she don't move too much and try to avoid seafood. In case of infection on the wounds. I had a friend, after her c-section, she start to move around and tried to eat fish. And her wound got very nasty.

Best wishes to your family.

Posts: 58 | From: Singapore | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow congrats i wanna see pics.. and no woman after a c section should eat anything for a few days
mostly jello or liquids... and yes i had one and it hurt like hell......they will try and get her to walk the same day or the 2nd day and i pray she doesnt get an infection... best wishes for u and yrs....
ur a daddy wow how does it feel???

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina, seriously things have changed. Last time I delivered - 2.5 years ago - I had to get up approximately 4 or 6 hours after I had the c-section. I screamed like hell but did it as I am a fighter and I knew it's necessary for a speedy recovery. And the nurse brought me a light dinner tray right to my bed and I was able to eat normal. And thank god for paracetamol which I popped quite much for the following week!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabrook to new daddy and mummy [Cool]

I had CS and ate the next day no problem.
Pain was horrific but not as bad as the Episiotomy!!! I had before.

Keep the wound very clean and dry and make sure she takes antibiotics for 7 days.
Pamper the hell out of her............ [Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with you Tigerlily, things have changed so much. When I had my son nearly 14 years ago (god I feel old now) the aftercare I had after my c-section was not the best but then I think it had something to do with me being a foreigner in Cyprus. However, when I had my daughter nearly 7 years ago the treatment was so different. I had her at 4.00 pm and the next morning they got me up out of bed.....yes it hurt but like you Tigerlily I am a fighter and will just grin and bare the pain. I do believe walking is the best cure to get you back to normal....just take things at your pace and you will soon recover. At the end of the day people think that having a c-section can be the easy option but it needs to be remembered that it is major surgery and the recovery process should not be rushed.
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabrouk to P_S !!! I'm very happy for you!! Make sure you post some pics soon!!! [Smile]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Tina, seriously things have changed. Last time I delivered - 2.5 years ago - I had to get up approximately 4 or 6 hours after I had the c-section. I screamed like hell but did it as I am a fighter and I knew it's necessary for a speedy recovery. And the nurse brought me a light dinner tray right to my bed and I was able to eat normal. And thank god for paracetamol which I popped quite much for the following week!!

dang has it really changed that much in 18 yrs???
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
No really it did. I remember my first c-section very well seven years before where they would give me nothing to drink on the first day when the operation took place. Luckily I had my mother and a friend passing by! On the second day I received only tea, no food nothing. They checked my poop too and then I believe day three I received the first food. This was so cruel, I was hungry like a wolf!!

I had a tough time letting my baby go during the night. We had to bring them back to the nursery room so all new mommies would get a good night rest. Giving birth to my first child was like a miracle to me (and I listened in the operation room to Celine Dion's graceful voice). I constantly asked the doctors during the c-section if she looks okay. I was convinced my daughter was having a finger missing, a third eye or whatever. But she turned out perfect.... all of them did!!

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had by first c section 22 years ago and the last 18 years ago. [Eek!]

Moving about is important cos otherwise you suffer with wind cramps, yes it was painful but it is a means to an end and better for you. I remember well waiting to cough due to the phlegm (sorry!) build up after the anaesthetic, holding my tummy and praying that my insides didn't fall out! [Big Grin]

Eating was also important soon after to ensure your digestive system is in working order.

Also I was unable to drive for 6 weeks afterwards as has been previously mentioned it is a major operation and not just a process of giving birth.

But having that little bundle makes it all worthwhile, well I went on to have 2 more c sections, the pain is soon forgotten.

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HandsUpHandsDown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!
Posts: 246 | From: but one life to live | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations
Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely forgot I posted this. Thanks everyone [Smile] hope everybody has/is enjoyed/ing their time in Egypt, we sure did. Our son is now 7 months; mother and son doing very well.Thanks again
Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad your wife and little son are well!!!
Are you still in Egypt?

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GBA
Member # 14862

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations - to get your birth certificate you usually get one from the hospital which (unless its computer printed) you will need to take to the local police station and get them to issue a proper typed birth certificate.

From there you can get it officially translated (I assume you will register with British Embassy for UK passport), the British Embassy will probably want an interview and then 10 days later you should have a passport for him.

The problem then is the convince the authorities to sort his visa [Smile] I just did this and they want to see his entry visa which of course he does not have.

After you get through that point it should be plain sailing!

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
lol..I can just feel the headache you must of gone through..we sorted all that about 7 months ago, when he was less than a month, within 10 days..all that running around from one building to another did pay off...and now we are not in Egypt anymore (thank god, as I just about had enough of the govt. officials)

p.s. the way to get around the entry visa is to make an Egyptian passport for the baby for about 60LE, it worked like a charm for us.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com