EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Emergency numbers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Emergency numbers
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if Egypt has emergency numbers for

- Police
- Fire Brigade
- Ambulance??

Do expats know these?

And do they have English-speaking operators too?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QuiteEgyptian
Member # 15568

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuiteEgyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I wonder if Egypt has emergency numbers for

- Police
- Fire Brigade
- Ambulance??

Do expats know these?

And do they have English-speaking operators too?

from my site:
http://www.egyptmates.com/yaf_postst26_Egypt-police-departments-site.aspx
Any time [Big Grin]

Posts: 435 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh thanks, I just copied the following numbers from the link you provided.

Emergency Numbers

Help Police 122

Traffic 0121110000

Passports 02-7923344

Interpol 02-4826565

Public Security 115

Now what about Fire Brigade and Ambulance??

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QuiteEgyptian
Member # 15568

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuiteEgyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm sure you would be transferred if you dial 122
Posts: 435 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about if there is no time??

Look I googled a little and found the following:

Egypt Ambulance Numbers 123
Cairo Alex. Road: 045-551309
Heliopolis: 634-4327
Giza: 561-5551
Tahrir: 577-0230
Maadi: 525-3873
Ramsis: 577-0406/577-0365/577-0123

Egypt Fire Bridge Numbers 180
Giza: 391-5289/391-0115/391-1727 Ext.: 271
Maadi: 3761-0259/3761-0258/3761-0257
Tahrir: 633-0954
Heliopolis: 525-3873

Egypt Police StationNumbers 122
Emergency Police: 122
Tourist Police: 126
Traffic Police: 128

http://74.125.39.104/search?q=cache:wCzkLRcf3P0J:www.mapsofworld.com/egypt/information/emergency-numbers.html+emergency+numbers+egypt&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

Now do these operators speak another language besides Arabic??

QuiteEgyptian
Member # 15568

Rate Member
Good job! i don't think they speak English well but you can get by by saying something like "fire" or "doctor".
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, from what I see of most of the ambulances here, it would be wayyy faster to take a damn microbus to the hospital !
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an article about the ambulance service in Community Times mag this month... couldn't be arsed to read it though. I think the gist of it was similar to what jean_bean says [Big Grin]
Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
SPECIAL SERIES: TOURISM AND SUMMER TRENDS: Inefficient ambulance response plagues North Coast vacations

By Safaa Abdoun
First Published: August 12, 2008

...Starting from July 22 this year, 50 new ambulances are now spread in stations throughout the Cairo-Alexandria Highway, Wadi El-Natroun Highway and North Coast Highway, noted Sultan.

These are 50 out of 1,213 ambulances to be stationed throughout this year in different parts of the country, mainly highways, such as the Ain Sokhna and Sharm El-Sheikh Highways. “They are highly equipped with the latest medical technology and will arrive at the scene of an accident within eight to 10 minutes after they are contacted,” he added.

In addition, Minister of Health Hatem El-Gabaly has recently announced the launch of helicopter ambulances for the first time in Egypt. There are currently two of them, the first located in Cairo, available for highways and ring-roads in Cairo, Giza, Qalioubiya, Sixth of October and Helwan. The second is in Suez and will be available for highways leading from Cairo to Ain Sokhna, Hurghada, Marsa Alam and Sharm El-Sheikh.

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=15701

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com