EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » MBC Persia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MBC Persia
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MBC Action (my usual channel) keeps running seriously tantalizing adverts for what I think is MBC Persia (lots of deserts and mysterious people running around waving big swords [Wink] )

Anyway, can someone please tell me how I can get MBC Persia - please don't tell me to RTFM because I can't find it - is it on Nilesat? Do I have to 'rescan' the box and if so will I lose my favourites?

It might not be MBC Persia though - if not I would love to know what it is! The arabic writing goes too fast for me to read it.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On my TV it's before MBC1 (channel 200 if that helps) and yes Nilesat.

If you need frequency information or something like that I can check for you. I don't know how these things work!

BTW two women are waving swords right now [Big Grin]

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must get my Xena collection hooked up to my lappie [Big Grin]
Did I tell you I copied 132 episodes (6 whole series) off Video onto an external hard drive before I moved here [Big Grin]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called Ayoun Aleya and it's on MBC 1 and starts Ramadan and I think? runs each day.

It's about a bedouin knight who is in love with the chieftains daughter who is very beautiful and all the men are after her.

Its in arabic here

"عيون عليا" و"فنجان الدم"

وتفاجئ شاشةmbc جمهورها في رمضان بمسلسلين بدويين هما: "فنجان الدم" و"عيون عليا"، وتدور أحداث "عيون عليا" الذي يقوم ببطولته الممثل الأردني ياسر المصري والفنانة صبا مبارك، حول طراد (ياسر المصري) الفارس في قومه بينما عليا (صبا مبارك) جميلة الجميلات في القبيلة وابنة شيخها ومطمع الفرسان وشيوخ العربان، الذين تهافتوا على خطبتها وطلب يدها، لكنها كانت تصدهم زاهدة فيهم، وراغبة عن الاقتران بأي منهم

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

What time is it on?
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya gotta rescan your channels, and then all the new stuff will pop up for you to choose from.
There is also another English channel called Fox movies, BTW.
and yeah...its on Nilesat.

just copy down all your faves, and re-enter them.
I do it all the time, just in case they add some new stuff.

and Ramadan has a TON of new stuff coming on.
Just wish that they had english subtitles so that I could follow it better.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching MBC Persia and trying to read the "Arabic" subtitles and was wondering why I couldn't understand what I was reading!

It's Persian [Roll Eyes] Duh

Have fun with Xena! [Big Grin]

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

LOL I used to think that in my doctor's surgery in London - everything was written in arabic writing but I couldn't make head nor tail of it at all... Urdu [Big Grin]
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Hehe an Egyptian ex colleague of mine was photocopying the passports of some Pakistani visitors and she was nearly in tears! "The passports are in Arabic and I can't read them!" [Big Grin]
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeema:
Did I tell you I copied 132 episodes (6 whole series) off Video onto an external hard drive before I moved here [Big Grin]

....sad [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
quote:

....sad [Big Grin]
deja vu [Big Grin]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
quote:

....sad [Big Grin]
deja vu [Big Grin]
all over again [Big Grin]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by Ramadan Kareem:
It's called Ayoun Aleya and it's on MBC 1 and starts Ramadan and I think? runs each day.

It's about a bedouin knight who is in love with the chieftains daughter who is very beautiful and all the men are after her.

Its in arabic here

"عيون عليا" و"فنجان الدم"

وتفاجئ شاشةmbc جمهورها في رمضان بمسلسلين بدويين هما: "فنجان الدم" و"عيون عليا"، وتدور أحداث "عيون عليا" الذي يقوم ببطولته الممثل الأردني ياسر المصري والفنانة صبا مبارك، حول طراد (ياسر المصري) الفارس في قومه بينما عليا (صبا مبارك) جميلة الجميلات في القبيلة وابنة شيخها ومطمع الفرسان وشيوخ العربان، الذين تهافتوا على خطبتها وطلب يدها، لكنها كانت تصدهم زاهدة فيهم، وراغبة عن الاقتران بأي منهم

link to MBC1

Wahh - please someone tell me what time its on, the MBC1 page is all in arabic ;(

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click on that link..it might help you to input the frequency instead of searching the whole of Nilesat.
http://en.kingofsat.net/channelhistory.php?ch=6377

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click on that link..it might help you to input the frequency instead of searching the whole of Nilesat.
http://en.kingofsat.net/channelhistory.php?ch=6377

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the scheduling is a bit cock eyed but you are looking at around 10.30pm tonight. Start looking at about 10pm just to be sure you dont miss it because of the clocks changing.
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com